GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

neutral safety switch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-08, 10:21 AM
clean
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default neutral safety switch?

A mechanic, were my car broke down at, said that he diagnosed the car with computer systemsand I had a neutral saftey switch problem, and he thinks that my alarm might have messed it up, but my alarm was repped out I just didn't take the horns off rom uner the hood, so my question is what could effect the neutral saftey switch to go faulty? And were is it located? Thanks guys
Old 08-21-08, 02:07 AM
mad_trbo
Rookie

Default Age / vibration / the elements

There are a number of things that might cause the neutral safety switch to go bad all mentioned in the title.

What exactly is your issue, car won't start??

The switch is actually located on the passenger side of the transmission and can be a bit difficult to get to.

What I might suggest is pulling the carpet up on the passenger side and testing the NSW input with a voltmeter before you go pulling that switch. Let me know if this is what you want to do and I'll tell you how to do it.

It really isn't that hard, all you need is a voltmeter and bobby pin.

Also before you go any further, did you make any changes to the car right before you had your issue. Did you do any work on the car, mechanical or electrical?
Old 08-23-08, 11:30 AM
clean
Driver

Well I switched the starter, had the ignition switch check and that was good, replaced negative and positive wire and battery still nothin, now it deff narrowed down to 2 problems, eaither its this crazy alarm that comes on when it wants to, or its deff the neutral saftey switch, and yes I would like for you to give me instructions on checking the switch on the passenger side.