Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

updates?

Old 07-13-09, 11:10 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

^^

haha you picked an interesting day to ask that.

car goes under the knife for the next week or so starting today. lookin at some big changes
Old 08-05-09, 08:31 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Its not quite finished yet...

but i can't really contain myself, so that leaves CL with teasers

and these pics were from two weeks ago...
Old 08-05-09, 09:05 PM
moejz
Pole Position

nice. That s a pretty small IC compared to what I put on. My pipes are a bit tight on the drivers side and now I see why lol. At least this picture cleared some things for me.

As a suggestion, you should get an intercooler designed for a MkIII supra because the intake setup is same as the 2jzge. inlet and outlet on the same side.

NA-T is a nice setup. Some of my Supra friends who race their MkIVs really prefer the GE bottom end because they say it is a bit more stout and these are guys who race straight out drag only and runs low 9's and 8's. Looking forward to the build.
Old 08-06-09, 07:17 PM
Xcaliber00
Driver

I like the progress! Great mods, keep up the good work!
Old 08-06-09, 11:53 PM
vindedreal
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how are u running the intercooler pipes from the turbo? that was a pain in the *** for me.
Old 08-07-09, 08:30 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by moejz
nice. That s a pretty small IC compared to what I put on. My pipes are a bit tight on the drivers side and now I see why lol. At least this picture cleared some things for me.

As a suggestion, you should get an intercooler designed for a MkIII supra because the intake setup is same as the 2jzge. inlet and outlet on the same side.

NA-T is a nice setup. Some of my Supra friends who race their MkIVs really prefer the GE bottom end because they say it is a bit more stout and these are guys who race straight out drag only and runs low 9's and 8's. Looking forward to the build.
yeah, i had a larger intercooler that came with the kit 12x24x3, but it was huge! A lot of cutting would be necessary to make something like that fit. This one is smaller and was chosen because no cutting was needed and one hard line bracket had to be moved so it would fit. It was cake lol

As to the inlet/outlet ones on the same side, I considered it but again, the kit came with pipes already laid out for this type of setup.

I'm excited about it. I'm not gonna be running 8s 9s 10s or anything like that, but I wanted to give the GS some pep.

Originally Posted by Xcaliber00
I like the progress! Great mods, keep up the good work!
thank you sir

Originally Posted by vindedreal
how are u running the intercooler pipes from the turbo? that was a pain in the *** for me.
Here's a pic of how my turbo is clocked. I'm assuming you're asking about the hot side pipes? It was a little difficult but the pipe fits straight down between the oil drain line, coolant hose, and hard line in there. and you can see in the first pic of the intercooler in my last post how the pipe comes straight across under the chassis to link up.

Couple more teasers

Old 08-07-09, 08:19 PM
stevdre
Driver School Candidate

Wowowow. very nice.
hurry and finish.
Old 08-08-09, 12:15 AM
jserman
Rookie

I am sooooooooooooooooo jealous.... I have been looking for a clean 1gs3 and there so hard to find...... looks awesome.....
Old 08-09-09, 01:59 PM
shaun1014
Driver School Candidate

beautiful man how much did the turbo kit cost uncluding the safc and apexi or whatever... im going to be boosting mine next after im done with my exterior and i have 170k miles mwhahahahha.... then motor swap later..
Old 08-13-09, 01:53 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by stevdre
Wowowow. very nice.
hurry and finish.
haha its never really finished... but its comin along.

Originally Posted by jserman
I am sooooooooooooooooo jealous.... I have been looking for a clean 1gs3 and there so hard to find...... looks awesome.....
Yeah man, I don't know how many are in Idaho, but g/l with your search. Get it shipped in from cali

Originally Posted by shaun1014
beautiful man how much did the turbo kit cost uncluding the safc and apexi or whatever... im going to be boosting mine next after im done with my exterior and i have 170k miles mwhahahahha.... then motor swap later..
i have the same plan. Boost this car until the motor poos out, then 2jzgte time. As to how much this cost me, i got probably one of the best deals ever, so I wouldn't compare it to my experience if I were you. I got my kit from another member here for $700 and after miscellaneous expenses and a few extra things I'd say total the kit cost $900-1000. My Apexi AFC Neo I bought from a member here for $120 or so and those retail round $250-300? something like that.

On top of that, I had people for the install too, so that saves a ton there.

So absolute total for everything for me was ~$1500. You have the option of shopping around and getting the kit piece by piece or just go get a done up kit. G/L with that.

Next batch of teasers, then I'm not posting anything til all the bodywork, wheels, gauges, and other mods are done...

sooo excited guys...

...so excited
Old 08-13-09, 02:40 PM
moejz
Pole Position

That is excellent. Have you driven it yet???
Old 08-13-09, 02:41 PM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Looking good
Old 08-13-09, 06:21 PM
1stGS30
Lead Lap

cant wait to see it man. Now its my turn!!! lol
Old 08-13-09, 10:38 PM
kid2rocks
Driver School Candidate

how much did it cost to do the Wood Grain upgrade you have going on ur center consoule and up the middle?

Quick Reply: My 1GS3 Progress So Far