Hey D-man or anyone that could help , i ordered a set of 5mm led bulds to do my interior the question is will the 5mm led bulds fit my climate control, shifter/ect, key ring, window switch, footwell and cluster bulds.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
WARNING: DO NOT have your keys in the ignition while changing any lights, you'll run a risk of setting off the airbag itself, and the dreaded lame airbag light.
NOTE #1: keep in mind none of the bulbs pictured are the stock ones, except for where noted, I already had my whole interior done in blue LED's remember, so you won't see the EXACT thing that i show, but it'll be a little green GLASS bulb that you need to be carefull removing cause they break EASILY, trust me.
NOTE #2: Once the LED's are installed, if they don't work, simply take it out, flip it around, and install it the other way, since LED's have + and - and only work one way, so if it doesn't work, pull it out, twist it 180 degrees, and push it back in, simple as that
BE VERY CAREFUL FITTING THE LED'S. the leads(metal wires coming out of the plastic tip) break off easily
with that out of the way....
How to change the bulbs in the climate control to LED's
1. Go in the car and pry off the top center vents like so...
2. push the 4 way hazard signal light so it pops out the other side, then turn them off,
3. set the vents on top of the dash OR unplug the clock, it's up to you
4. Go to the bottom where the ash tray is, and do the same thing.
5. you'll then see the clip, unplug it
6. unscrew the 5 bolts that hold the radio unit in
7. you'll then be able to pull the whole unit out, and carefully rest it on the shifter to not mark the shifter up, then unscrew the 4 bolts (2 screws per side) that hold the climate control in
8. unplug the climate control at the back, sorry i didn't get a picture, but it's easy
9. use your fingers and spread the cage apart at the top, while you wiggle(side to side) the climate control and pull on the climate control unit out
it is, (well, was, untill i ripped it out) a center channel speaker, true 5.1 surround sound, also, the stock radio had sound mode settings such as theater, hall, etc that sounded pretty good (for 16+ years old)
Since the photos are no longer there can someone give me more info on what kind of bulbs to use? I was looking at superbrightLED.com but I was not sure what to order. Is it just a standard 194 LED replacement bulb that I will just plug in or do I need the bulbs with the terminal wires that I will have to fold into place? Also SuperbrightLED.com offers different veiwing angles for the bulbs does anyone know what angle works best? I am guessing the wider the better....Thanks in advance for any info!!
Ok so finally got around to swapping out my LED dash lights, and then continued on to the gear shift indicator lights. All of that went well and very straight forward. I am working on the YouTube videos edit down, which should help with all the questions around missing pictures which was so 2008.
Ok - now what i want to clarify on this particular post, NO OUR AC/Heat Control and Radio (Pioneer not sure on Nakamichi) are not the damn same, as in like at all. Here is my findings, pretty much removal same way but when you start to crack things open is where it takes a turn.
The AC/Heat control has multiple size bulbs as in three different sizes, i don't even know what they are but they are not the same as the gauge cluster. Secondly the Radio (Pioneer in my 93' gs300) ya i don't think those bulbs are replaceable or removable without some serious skills - love to fix it but not worth the risk in my mind. So now i am finished with my rant, enlighten me on how we would go about upgrading each of these?