GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

1st Gen GS300 Power Folding Mirrors Install Help . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-07, 10:41 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't think the SC have the head rest go up and down. The two thing I can think of is the SC have memory seat and electrochromatic rear view mirror. I know this because I used to have 93 SC400.
Old 10-14-07, 05:59 AM
A.R.
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So your steering column tilts away when you remove the key no matter what? Or would you have to move it via tha switch?
Old 10-14-07, 11:45 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Yep, the steering column tilt all the way for easy exit and once the key is in the ignition, it will go back to your personal preset position.
Old 10-14-07, 02:41 PM
WICKED 1
Pole Position

sorry guys. we have a photo shoot on monday with the car so im not going to tear it apart . let me know if you have some problems and get me some pics of the wiring on the parts and i will help out
Old 10-15-07, 12:20 AM
WuTangUsa
Rookie

yea, when i take the key out of my ignition the steering column goes in and tilts up . .

damn, i was gonna start working on the PFM's 2day but i ended up working on my honda . . i will start on them during this week . . i
Old 10-17-07, 04:20 PM
kiteme2
Driver School Candidate

Default Yes

Im just in time, Good.
Old 10-19-07, 09:03 PM
WuTangUsa
Rookie

well . . i took off the door panel . . the us mirror has 5 wires. the japanes mirror has 11 wires . . aaaallll different colors . . its not as easy as i thought . . who would have thought it would be this difficult to install 2 relays . but its hard for me. i would not be able to do this . . but i dont know a damn thing about wiring anyways . . im lookin to pay someone or a shop to do this . . anyone know how 2 do this and get paid for it . . let me know.

oh and i also figured out the parking brake relocation problem . .

ok like i said the us parking brake is below the power mirror switch/ remote off-on switch. its part of the switch panel. the JAPANESE switch panel (the one that has the power folding switch/ power mirror switch/ vibration mirror switch/ remote off-on switch) has a coin pocket instead of the parking brake. so where do the japanese cars put the parking brake. SIMPLE! 2day i checked out a real deal TT aristo at GSpeed in Hawthorn (which is for sale for about $12,000) and the parking brake is below the key on the right of the steering wheel.

ANOTHER THING I NOTICED with the US and JAPANESE mirror switch panel is that the japanese switch panel is smaller then the US so you cant even remove the coin pocket to put the brake release in there. the japanese mirror switch panel will not go in place where the US mirror switch panel goes.

i hope my trials and errors make your lives with your gs300's easier.

SO what am i going to do you ask . . well im going to get the power folding mirrors & vibration feature installed by a shop or maybe one of you guys if you can. and i going to fit the 2 extra switches onto my us mirror panel.
BUT THATS NOT IT. 2day i ordered my aristo front clip because i cant stand being slow, so when i get the clip im going to replace my lower dash panel with the japanese lower dash panel so i can use the actual japanese switch panel and yes, im going to relocate the brake release to the other side of the steering wheel so i would have to remove the brake release cable to do that.

any one have any tips on any of this . .
Old 10-20-07, 11:20 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Damn you, why you have to add the last sentence in to pissed me off. I'm so freakin jealous because I always wanted to do 2JZ-GTE motor swap. Do you really have to rub it in that it's slow? J/K Anyhow, good luck with the mirrors, especially with the motor swap. Let us know once you start on that project. I think you'll have better result with the motor swap than the folding mirrors.
Old 10-20-07, 02:51 PM
WuTangUsa
Rookie

yea. im guessing since the clip is complete and its the same car that i have then it wont be too hard to just transfer everything over. i dont know much about the gte swaps, but im thinking i can just re-use my NA engine harness, or possibly i can find a TT supra harness and use that . . im pretty sure that has been covered in different swap threads but i havnt had time 2 go thu those yet . . but i still need help with these mirrors . . maybe someone can help of out at the bbq in sunday . . lol ill be there .
Old 10-24-07, 07:16 PM
WuTangUsa
Rookie

well. ive certaintly given up on this install. taken it to a very good alarm installing guy and he wont touch it. and i also tried a race shop near by and he wont touch it either . . so if you guys know a place let me know . .
Old 06-25-14, 05:21 AM
2jzjack15
Driver School Candidate

Ever figure this out yet???