GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

CALLING OUT ALL WHITE 1st GENS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-07, 03:20 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation CALLING OUT ALL WHITE 1st GENS!!!!!

Anyone has a white/pearl white GS? Post your pics!! NOTE: The two-tone doesn't count!!! My car will go this color as soon as my custom bumper is done and I am just wondering how many members have their car painted this color.
Old 08-28-07, 04:40 PM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is planning to do one tone pearl white count? I'm planning to do it once I put on nice wheels and the car is lowered. I think the 1st Gen GS with one tone look funky stock. The GS in your sig look silver to me. Heh, do the MKIV Super white count? I mean, it have the same engine NA or TT like the 1st Gen GS, except with two less doors. If that count, look at my sig then.

Last edited by suprawhite; 08-28-07 at 06:48 PM.
Old 08-28-07, 04:44 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Check this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...=65643&page=19

There's an all white first gen that I posted with JOB Design kit and WORK Euroline wheels.
Old 08-28-07, 08:33 PM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i plan on painting mine all white as well ... my Wald ex line kit just came in not to long ago gunna get rid of the 2 tone look
Old 08-28-07, 10:26 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

suprawhite: my car originally WAS a 2-tone pearl/champagne, and afterwards i painted it 1C0 which is Silver like my sig. I decided to go all white after im done with my own custom kit which I am working on. =,]

Yes, I've seen the JOB design car... sweet but I would like to see a JP or Wald in white with shiny chrome work VSXX, or some phatty chrome dishes... I will also be sanding the inside of my jdm headlamps to make them all clear... depending on how easy this turns out to be i might be offering this service.
Old 08-29-07, 12:10 AM
suprawhite
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kidzik007
suprawhite: my car originally WAS a 2-tone pearl/champagne, and afterwards i painted it 1C0 which is Silver like my sig. I decided to go all white after im done with my own custom kit which I am working on. =,]

Yes, I've seen the JOB design car... sweet but I would like to see a JP or Wald in white with shiny chrome work VSXX, or some phatty chrome dishes... I will also be sanding the inside of my jdm headlamps to make them all clear... depending on how easy this turns out to be i might be offering this service.
That's great, please post updated pictures of your project. It sound very interesting. It's about time someone doing something to the 1st Gen GS. It's kinda disappointing going to 1st Gen GS section with so little activities going on. I haven't been on Club Lexus since I register back in 2004 because I gave my 93 GS300 to my younger brother. He sold it early this year. As for me, I just bought a 95 GS300 Touring, so I'm back. My original intention was to do a 2JZ-GTE motor swap since my Supra is a garage queen. There's a change in plan because my wife like the GS so there will be no motor swap anytime soon. Besides that, there will be cosmetic upgrades though. So far I've put on JDM Aristo tail lights, remove all the gold emblems. I just bought a used Ohlins Coilovers on Ebay, as I mentioned in a different thread. I'm still looking for a nice set of 3rd Gen GS 18" 5 spokes wheels, since it's going to be a family car. There will be more mods in the future since I'm a car freak and I'm pretty much done with modifying my Supra for now. I'll be busy with the GS for awhile. Let's keep the OG GS alive. I know that it's old and not too many parts available to mods, but I still think the 1st Gen GS have unique styling of it own. By the way, great choice on changing it to pearl white

Last edited by suprawhite; 08-29-07 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-29-07, 10:13 AM
jmax.garage
Instructor

a friend that frecuently visits fukuoka (3+ times a year) mentioned to me that for the past year, sightings for my car have been null, being replaced for the 2nd gen (which he tells me is REALLY popular). In other words, our car is losing popularity in Japan in the VIP scene which already led to some companies to quit making aero parts for them (Kaaz, AeroPalace, and small companies) NOT INCLUDING the uber popular brands like JP, Wald, etc... which leaves us with only the most expensive kits to buy, usually not something affordable if you have 2 toys like me (my hachi and my jzs147)... on the other hand, this car is rising in popularity with freeway/wangan runners because of the engine and the car so easy to replace (I have seen 1gens for around 1200 modded and everything) so if someone crashes they wouldn't care. I think we are about to see more 'racing' themed parts available for our cars in the near future.

suprawhite: where u been at bro? supraforums? lol I go there too. NWYS, there has been stuff going on, just look for the past 2 months. Been getting more ppl into 1st Gens, which is good... in a way.

Oh, BTW, if you wanna keep the car auto but with a little more ohmp and a more agressive exhaust note, there is a writte up on how to swap in the v8 from the sc400-ls400 in our cars... easy enough to do also. And if you wanted to covert it to manual, an Aussie company makes an adaptor plate so you can use the n/a supra tranny (r154?) on this v8. An awesome swap if you ask me! I might try this...

Last edited by jmax.garage; 08-29-07 at 10:19 AM.