GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Smoked Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 07:38 AM
SeanB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoked Tranny

Well it looks my baby's tranny wants to leave me too, I replaced the fluid when she started slipping last month with Valvoline Hi Mieage stuff in the red container, it worked for a while, no slips, now it's starting all over again with the slipping. I'm looking all over the site for a little hope but I think that it's toast. Since I had her, she has had a 2.5 second hesitation when you shift into D and It's been like that since March of this year. BTW is there any connection to the TPS and EGR? I've read here that an o2 sensor can throw the tranny off at times also, so I'd imagine a faulty TPS would have something to say too, or am I just reaching. He did tell me why my car's CEL and TRAC were because of the TPS and EGR. I cleaned out the EGR and I tried to switch the the solenoids buit the screws on one stripped out, so I left it. Any sggestions would be helpful.
Old 07-16-07, 07:45 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanB
Well it looks my baby's tranny wants to leave me too, I replaced the fluid when she started slipping last month with Valvoline Hi Mieage stuff in the red container, it worked for a while, no slips, now it's starting all over again with the slipping. I'm looking all over the site for a little hope but I think that it's toast. Since I had her, she has had a 2.5 second hesitation when you shift into D and It's been like that since March of this year. BTW is there any connection to the TPS and EGR? I've read here that an o2 sensor can throw the tranny off at times also, so I'd imagine a faulty TPS would have something to say too, or am I just reaching. He did tell me why my car's CEL and TRAC were because of the TPS and EGR. I cleaned out the EGR and I tried to switch the the solenoids buit the screws on one stripped out, so I left it. Any sggestions would be helpful.
02 sensor will never make your transmission slip, ever, so rule that out all toghether. TPS will make your tans shift early or late so if youre not having this issue, and it looks like you dont. IF its slipping its done.
good luck
Old 07-16-07, 09:47 AM
SeanB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bro