GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

Crank Shaft Pulley

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-07, 06:07 PM
SeanB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank Shaft Pulley

Hey folks my pulley went south and I need a replacement really quick. I have errands to run children to feed, blah,blah.... Really quick, anyone out there knows what size belt to get to keep everything moving until my evil bay underdrive pulley gets here AFTER I ORDER IT for 25.00 15 shipping ? Or any ideas what to use as a shim on the power steering pulley so I can move . She's my only car and I don't want to destroy her. I'm in Springfield Gardens Queens NYC if any one has a pulley they don't need I'd be happy to compensate you for it.
Old 04-13-07, 09:07 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

get a rental...you don't want further damage....itd be much cheaper to do so unless someone can come up with a temporary fix.
Old 04-14-07, 05:29 AM
SeanB
Driver

Thanks for the suggestion. I know someone out knows what to do.
Old 04-14-07, 07:36 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanB
Hey folks my pulley went south and I need a replacement really quick. I have errands to run children to feed, blah,blah.... Really quick, anyone out there knows what size belt to get to keep everything moving until my evil bay underdrive pulley gets here AFTER I ORDER IT for 25.00 15 shipping ? Or any ideas what to use as a shim on the power steering pulley so I can move . She's my only car and I don't want to destroy her. I'm in Springfield Gardens Queens NYC if any one has a pulley they don't need I'd be happy to compensate you for it.
If you really are talking about the crank pulley, the car wont run for long without it as thats how the alternator spins and charges the battery.
FWIW: I wouldnt run an undampened pulley, it can cause damage to the crank bearings and journals at the nose of the crank.
Old 04-14-07, 01:41 PM
SeanB
Driver

K thanks, I did'nt realize that.
Old 04-14-07, 11:15 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

what can i help you with .... queens area
Old 04-15-07, 10:08 PM
SeanB
Driver

I'm in dire need of assistance, my harmonic balancer took a dive into Davy Jones locker. It 86'd itself. I didn't even hear it come off until I heard my power steering pump wining. That's when I saw the pulley in the plastic tray. Anyhow, I'm trying to get some assistance the belt has too much slack...just need it tightened up a bit to run the alternator and water pump. I ordered the underdrive pulley and it's going to be here by the end of nextweek, hopefully sooner. Is there anthing that I can do? Do you have any suggestions?
Old 04-16-07, 09:36 AM
twojayzee
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanB
I'm in dire need of assistance, my harmonic balancer took a dive into Davy Jones locker. It 86'd itself. I didn't even hear it come off until I heard my power steering pump wining. That's when I saw the pulley in the plastic tray. Anyhow, I'm trying to get some assistance the belt has too much slack...just need it tightened up a bit to run the alternator and water pump. I ordered the underdrive pulley and it's going to be here by the end of nextweek, hopefully sooner. Is there anthing that I can do? Do you have any suggestions?
If theres no crank pulley, then theres nothing there to spin the other pulleys.