GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

JZS147 swap thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-07, 06:58 PM
cacrawfo
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all you swappers out there!
Great write-up, good to have a place for guys wanting to do the swap to see what they will need.

I see things a little differently in regards to the engine fan/supra water pump. I have done a swap both with the Aristo hydro fan, and with swapping on a Supra water pump and I vastly preffer the stock Aristo setup.

If you have a complete Aristo clip, I advise to use it complete, including the hydro fan and radiator. The TT radiator is larger than the stock GZE radiator, and has the top outlet in the correct place to clear the front-facing intake manifold. Also, the hydro fan moves much more air than electric fans ever could, and does it quietly and with variable speed. This is how I did my car, a 94'.

The second car I did was not a complete clip, just an "engine set" and it did not have the fan or radiator. I swapped on the Supra water pump, bypass hose, and fan. This meant I had to use a Supra fan shroud, and change the top tank of the radiator to clear the throttle body. It added time and cost to the project, and did not even have the "turbo" size radiator. A complete clip will save you money every time!
Cheers!
Carl Crawford
www.speed-source.net
Old 02-22-07, 08:13 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good info Carl. Now howzabout you post some pics of that monster of yours with the Kazz Sports bumpers. You bought them moment before I had the cash together.
Old 02-23-07, 09:37 AM
cacrawfo
Rookie

Epik,
Sorry I snatched them from you! Is Kazz a good brand? I would love to see some pictures of them on a car. They need a lot of repair, I am doing fibreglass on them right now.... I will have to extend my exhaust, and re-make the second exhaust outlet, as it was glassed over. I will post pictures of it when done, I also got some clear headlights, HID, and JDM fogs to go in it. I will be buying a leather seat kit as well in the near future....

Cheers!
CArlC
Old 02-23-07, 03:14 PM
Epik
Lexus Champion

That Kazz Sports front bumper alone is $800.00, the rear about $700.00.

Here is a pic i stole from someones avatar on another forum..
Old 02-23-07, 04:07 PM
cacrawfo
Rookie

Dizzam! I had no idea, I just knew that it looked good for the price! I wonder if the side skirts are the same brand or not... I am contemplating painting the whole car while I am at it, as it has over 290,000 miles on it.
Old 03-31-07, 08:16 AM
dbltakegs3
Lead Lap

Default ............

Hey Carl
Whats up... long time no hear from. You should give us an update on ur car. My car is running great...the same way it left your shop and its ben almost a year. Thanks for the install. Dont forget to tell me when ur gonna have another meet at ur shop.
Old 03-31-07, 12:10 PM
cacrawfo
Rookie

Hey!
Whats up, glad to see you poke around here still.. I just got in the Leather seat group buy, and am still putting on the body kit. The KAAZ bumper is taking a LOT of work to get fit right. I am going to start another thread about that in a bit.... Then I am going to make all TI intercooler piping for fun.. We will definitely have another open house this year, but with better strippers and beer.
Carl C
speed-source.net
Old 04-09-07, 08:15 PM
teezlr
Rookie

Did I miss it or is there a write up on how to get the factory tachometer to work after the swap?
Old 04-10-07, 07:48 AM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

From what I heard you need a MSD tach adapter. I read it somewhere on the Supra forum.
Old 04-10-07, 08:03 AM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

Yeah I haven't gotten that far yet. I disassembled the dash to solder the jumper points but I didn't see them on our cluster like on the SC. I then threw in the JDM tach into my US cluster but it was off 700 rpms because of how the numbers are printed differently from JDm to US. So I was going to throw back in my US and get the tach adapter but my son decided it was cool looking and destroyed it. He's 2. So when I get my hands on a new US tach I'll pick up the adapter and get it to work. I have the full schematics for the combimeter so figuring out the wire shouldn't be too hard. BTW the adapter is MSD 8920.
Old 04-16-07, 02:41 PM
biglex
Driver School Candidate

my tach also is not working, someone say that a diode is at the back of the cluster thats stopping the signal.i want to find out what diode that is.
Old 04-26-07, 05:21 PM
biglex
Driver School Candidate

i solved the problem with the tach on the u.s cluster.there is a resistor right behind the orange plug that reads r7 that's the one you have to jump.tach work fine after that.
Old 04-27-07, 12:38 AM
20lexgs20
Driver School Candidate

Anybody know if the TT supra/aristo transmission will swap onto the non-turbo motor?
Old 04-27-07, 07:11 AM
jtamulis
Pole Position

Yes it will, but you need a different throttle body to run it, as the stock
N/A tranny is cable based, and the TT tranny is TPS based electronic.

Jeff
Old 06-23-07, 12:52 AM
lpolo69
Pole Position

Originally Posted by biglex
i solved the problem with the tach on the u.s cluster.there is a resistor right behind the orange plug that reads r7 that's the one you have to jump.tach work fine after that.

Ok you jump the r7 to where?

Quick Reply: JZS147 swap thread