Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-06, 02:30 PM
Sound Perf
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion

What do you think?

Last edited by Sound Perf; 10-16-06 at 02:39 PM.
Old 10-16-06, 03:15 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Looks freakin awesome. I never really liked chrome engines..but that looks freakin sweet.
Old 10-16-06, 03:24 PM
Revhard191
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

WOOW I can eat off of that engine bay....Very nice job and I cant wait to see some more pics!

Simply awesome....I wish I had the chips to do all of that to mine.

GL on the project and keep us updated as you finish the project.

Cheers,

Revhard191
Old 10-16-06, 04:15 PM
Aristo94
Pole Position

i think im going to pee in my pants that gives me chills up and down my spine!!!! but too bad my gs is effed
Old 10-16-06, 04:36 PM
Tramix
Lead Lap

So that's where he has been. I wondered where he went...lol That is real nice. Let's get some vids of it when its on the road
Old 10-16-06, 06:53 PM
El Captain
Lead Lap

I likey alot! that thing is so freakin clean!
Old 10-16-06, 08:51 PM
gs300pnp

I’ve been so busy and out of town and just saw the posting……… I know many of the CL/ 1st Gen GS loyalists have been waiting to see the entire project and Larry Prebis/SP owner beat me to it!

As I mentioned in the other of forums, this was not your hurry-up and finish project. As anxious as I was, as I watched the transformation take place, I knew that we had a special project at hand. This is what perfection means and as many of you are aware, nothing was held back on this project. In the right hands, the results speak for themselves. No question the “SHOW” is there but the “GO” is there to back-it-up! This is a well-documented project and the 1st Gen community now has a reliable source for performance products and technical support.

Here’s something worth mentioning… Many 1st Gen loyalists have discussed built Toyo trans and the SP400(not to be mistaken for just another GM/TH400) so for those thinking of doing this… something you should know..

“Vince” modified the trans tunnel to fit the SP400 and I was impressed to see it looked as if it was factory made to fit this monster trans. This is one modification I don’t suggest performing yourself unless you have the skills and correct tools on-hand. Otherwise you can damage your trans tunnel and weaken the structure. . Here’s the kicker about the modification…. No cutting and welding was done! The modification tool was a simple pneumatic hammer ..however the real credit is in the hand of a skilled fabricator … Thanks Vince for the superior work on the trans tunnel and many of the special fabrication performed for this project “Pics to follow”

For those thinking about the 4L80e project…. I’ve seen this transmission and its “BIG” This is a project that Larry Prebis spent a lot of time and R&D on. I believe it’s been at least two years now and his attention to perfection is almost here! He could start selling and installing these but after getting to know Larry, he doesn’t do anything adhoc. So start saving your money now and get in line for one…. This is going to be another killer upgrade offering from the long aware SP R&D and offering. Again, keep in mind… when SP puts their name on it, they have invested a lot of R&D and testing to make sure the consumer is getting high quality performance products.

Again, a big thanks to the entire SP team! (Larry, Vince, Jerry, Danny, Steve and Chris) This is one special team who really does care about you and your performance needs/demands and who really know their stuff when it comes to “performance and custom fabrication” Keep up the excellent service.

Next… Tuning… and stats…. This is Larry’s specialty and I’ve seen him work his magic on 2JZ’s and other performance cars to squeeze more hp.

More pics and stats to come.

PnP
Old 10-16-06, 11:25 PM
jmax.garage
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

is that a JDM aristo motor or a MKIV to GS transplant?

THIS IS SICKNESS TO THE HIGHEST LEVEL!!!
AWESOME WORKMANSHIP!
Old 10-17-06, 06:10 AM
Epik
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SP does it again. Cant wait to see what he squeezes out of that powerplant.

Congrats PnP.. that is definitely PimP.
Old 10-17-06, 11:52 AM
gsWarrior
Pole Position

super clean and very impressive
Old 10-17-06, 06:39 PM
seeya
Lead Lap

Looks like crap!

LOL just kidding
Old 10-17-06, 09:17 PM
gs300pnp

Thanks everyone!

The picture is something to see but seeing it in person and the attention to detail is what many notice and inquire about.

SP Racing is a shop that truly fabricates many of their parts. R&D and testing is a continuous cycle. Look at their new one-line store, the racing intake is on-sale now. I want to warn you, once you see this and mount it on your ride, you're going to get hooked on the "bling"

I'll be posting up more pics this coming d, performance data will be posted as they become available.
Old 10-17-06, 09:44 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

holy cow that looks insanely sweet.

i don't mean to come across as a hater or one to throw rocks because this swap is unbelievably nice - but one thing that sticks out and this is ONLY because the rest of the engine is impeccably clean is the black air duct in front.

perhaps redo it via a custom fiberglass air duct? something that is super clean and glossy and possibly painted to match or perhaps an image of the car on it? anything but the flat black!
Old 10-17-06, 10:33 PM
gs300pnp

Originally Posted by cliffud
holy cow that looks insanely sweet.

i don't mean to come across as a hater or one to throw rocks because this swap is unbelievably nice - but one thing that sticks out and this is ONLY because the rest of the engine is impeccably clean is the black air duct in front.

perhaps redo it via a custom fiberglass air duct? something that is super clean and glossy and possibly painted to match or perhaps an image of the car on it? anything but the flat black!

np...

With a big turbo and big power, we need to see how well the temp is kept under control. There's limited data on the 1st Gen for airflow and disapation of engine bay heat so we'll soon find out. I my opt for differnt options i.e Miezer pump plus slim/highflow cooling fans or just electric/thermostatically controlled cooling fans.... the extreem would be cooling sprayer more R&D no doubt!

If we keep the shroud.... I'll go for matched carbo fiber overlay.... or get one made with a mirror polish.
Old 10-17-06, 11:21 PM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

damn thats very nice!!!!

Quick Reply: Progress on Paul's (PNPGS300) Turbo conversion