Gonna get my car tuned

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-06, 10:51 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonna get my car tuned

BOO! AHHH you looked.

Seriously though. I plan on installing my SAFC2 next week if I can get my mom to ship it to me(forgot to grab it when I moved). After I install it and get a basic hi and lo throttle map so I can drive it, Im gonna get it dyno tuned..woot. I am hoping for anything between 10-25rwhp. Last time I dynoed I had 154.6 rwhp. That was on a dyno dynamics dynometer. That was also back in Houston. Good thing is, the place that I plan on getting the tune done also has a Dyno Dynamics dyno, so the results wont be crazy. They say the DD dyno are more accurate and show less HP than Dynojets or Mustang dynos.
Anyway, the reason I am posting this now, instead of waiting until after is so that I can ask if anyone else has a SAFC2 installed or not, and what kinda gains they got.

PS. Last time I dynoed I didnt have my intake or exhaust, so my first dyno was just a baseline, this should so the intake/exhaust, then the final numbers will be with a tune. PLUS Ill have my ARISTO badge..thats like 500 rwhp.
Old 09-22-06, 12:28 AM
okiaristo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Abear
PLUS Ill have my ARISTO badge..thats like 500 rwhp.
wait a minute!!!! i have a JDM aristo and i dont have that, must be the conversion rate.... good luck and i bet you will be happy with your after mods pull. nice set up you have BTW
Old 09-22-06, 12:58 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by okiaristo
wait a minute!!!! i have a JDM aristo and i dont have that, must be the conversion rate....
So what your tellin me is your Aristo doesnt have 500+ horsepower..dude, you got ripped off, take that thing back and get you a non-lemon Aristo for real.

On a more serious note, for all the rest of the serious CL members, I was just kidding about the Aristo badge, please dont flame..lol, I know you werent okiaristo.
Thanks for the compliment, theres not much to the look of the car besides the HIDs and the RS-R downsprings for a little drop. As soon as I get my new camera, Ill post some pics..nite nite.
Old 09-30-06, 03:42 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

So I just got back from a dyno day at the place I plan on getting my car tuned. I havent installed the SAFC2 yet because I dont have it yet. When I dynoed my car for the first time with just a K&N air filter and removed resonators I made 154.6 horsepower. Today, with my custom Short-Ram Intake, and Custom designed exhaust, I put down 169 at the wheels. The guys will be emailing me the dyno chart so I will post it up here once I get it. Hopefully within the next couple weeks I will be able to install and get my SAFC2 tuned, Im hoping for anything between 175 and 190 wheel horsepower when they are done.

PS. If you want a general idea of what I made on a dynojet dyno, and about 15% to 169 and you will have your answer, I believe you will be surprised.
Old 09-30-06, 06:50 PM
Kaiser
Lexus Champion

15% through a manual trans. Add 20% to an auto. I was able to get a GE up to 179 in my SC but then again, that was a manual trans. Nice work.
Old 09-30-06, 08:59 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kaiser
15% through a manual trans. Add 20% to an auto. I was able to get a GE up to 179 in my SC but then again, that was a manual trans. Nice work.
What kind of dyno were you on? What mods did the SC have?

And thanks
Old 10-01-06, 04:36 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

As promised here are my dynocharts.

In the first one I made 167.5 HP and my max torque was somewhere around there also. In the second chart though, my my HP was almost 169 and the toque was about 150 max. There was nothing changed on the car and there wasnt an A/F reading so Im not sure what caused such a big difference in torque.

Old 10-04-06, 01:21 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

http://corrperformance.com/TDD.htm

Link to a few pictures and a Video. You need to right-click and save the video.
And yes, I know he put my car as a SC300..
Old 10-04-06, 02:14 AM
Lexus Boy
Lead Lap

good job bro!! looks like it wants to come off that thing
Old 12-01-06, 01:45 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, bringin back my thread in preparation for tomorrow! AHHH! Hahaha, so I installed my SAFC 2 today, threw a few CELs, went to autozone found out what they were, fixed it and now everythings gravy. So tomorrow I am going to Corr Performance(local dyno place), they are gonna tune it, after that I will report back. I hope yall are as antsy as me hahaha.
Old 12-01-06, 05:46 PM
whatthe
Rookie

Do you have a run showing your a/f before?
Old 12-01-06, 05:52 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

No, they didnt put the sniffer in when I dynoed last. The first time I dynoed they had it though and it was at about 11.2-11.4 all the way through WOT. Little too rich for my blood.
Old 12-01-06, 06:06 PM
whatthe
Rookie

If all you are changing is the a/f this time... to 13:1 or 13.5:1 under WOT I would think that 6-7whp would be lots, and I wouldn't be too upset if you saw lower numbers. If it was off the scale past 10:1, I would be looking for some more dramatic gains.
Old 12-01-06, 09:29 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

We will see..my exhaust is a little bigger than before. Im not really expecting tooo much, I would like to see at least 10, but if not..whatev. Either my gas mileage will go up.
Old 12-02-06, 07:47 AM
whatthe
Rookie

It's easier to get bigger numbers on a turbo car, but I am interested in how it goes. Stock ECUs normally do a good job of keeping it at 14.7:1 for part throttle/cruise so you shouldn't have much tuning there to do.

While you are on the dyno, you can usually see the a/f real time on their screen (unless it's pointed away from the driver). Before you make a run and are getting up to speed watch to see at what throttle point your a/f goes to rich. See if it stays 14.7 at 1/2 throttle, 3/4 throttle, etc. It depends on the car and I haven't had a wideband on a GS... tune that point a bit leaner and it may help your mileage/power when you are accelerating at mid throttle points as well.

Quick Reply: Gonna get my car tuned