Old 05-27-06, 07:08 PM
7Cain
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated.........

Here's the old exhaust:

because nobody knows what that looks like

Here's the new:

3" high flow cat, 18" resonator, custom plumbing, and Apex'i N1 3" can. The silencer is definately on it's way.

Here's a vid, hope it works.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/204976

I know it's loud, and oh, by the way, new iridium plugs and stuff, also Militec'd the whole drivetrain (much better!! wholey crap what a difference) Now I just hope that silencer does a really good job.
Old 05-27-06, 08:18 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

sounds throaty and good. i like it. but your right a bit on the loud side
Old 05-27-06, 09:21 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Sound good. Just like mine at idle, then when you step on its a little different, Im guessing because of the resenator. Seeing as Im daul, I think Im gonna get a couple resenators and an X-Pipe to smooth things out.

Yours is sounding really good though.
Old 05-29-06, 01:32 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 7Cain
Here's the old exhaust:

because nobody knows what that looks like

Here's the new:

3" high flow cat, 18" resonator, custom plumbing, and Apex'i N1 3" can. The silencer is definately on it's way.

Here's a vid, hope it works.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/204976

I know it's loud, and oh, by the way, new iridium plugs and stuff, also Militec'd the whole drivetrain (much better!! wholey crap what a difference) Now I just hope that silencer does a really good job.
Militec'd? WTH is that? Yep, that's loud as hell man.....Doesn't sound BAD, just loud
Old 05-29-06, 01:32 PM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Abear
Sound good. Just like mine at idle, then when you step on its a little different, Im guessing because of the resenator. Seeing as Im daul, I think Im gonna get a couple resenators and an X-Pipe to smooth things out.

Yours is sounding really good though.
Resonators? I thought you liked it loud
Old 05-29-06, 08:35 PM
7Cain
Driver

Yeah, there's no sneakin around in the lexus anymore. The silencer is supposed to cut 7decibles which ought to be nice, I'm hoping that is enough. Cabin volume is'nt bad though, it is definately audible but not to the point that all you hear is exhaust, it's actually really quite at cruising speeds (no doubt thanks to the resonator).

Militec 1 is a molecular metal conditioner that can be added to anything with metal to metal contact. Reduces friction, wear, operating temperature ect....... well send me a pm if there are more questions you need answering.

A very noticable power gain from the whole process. I'll try to get another vid when the silencer comes in.
Old 05-30-06, 02:41 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by shoaf213
Resonators? I thought you liked it loud
I do like it loud. Its pretty awesome. Its just hard gettin the chicks to ride in there. They do, but they dont like it, hehe. I need to quiet it down a little bit, not much, thats why I want the one resenator.
Old 05-30-06, 03:54 PM
7Cain
Driver

Originally Posted by Abear
I do like it loud. Its pretty awesome. Its just hard gettin the chicks to ride in there. They do, but they dont like it, hehe. I need to quiet it down a little bit, not much, thats why I want the one resenator.
Yeah, well I'm married so I don't have to worry about the chicks. However, I would'nt mind the loud at all if this where a Supra, it is'nt though, and until I have the poneys to back up such a sound (ie turbo) I'll want it a little quiter for civility. It has grown on me though, I do like the sound very much, just need that silencer to keep the raw sound of performance down.

Don't see how you could use an X pipe though, unless you are true dual from the split manifold. I got my resonator from Verocious motorsports online, shipping was quick, and there are several different lengths to choose from.

Silencer will be here on the 1st, I'll try to get a vid up before the weekend. Peace
Old 03-25-11, 10:47 AM
tim8oland
Pole Position

i know this is a REALLLLLY old thread, but 7cain...do you have any recent sound clips?? I just took my resonators off last weekend. I've always liked the way apexi n1 sounds on other cars, and then i stumbled across this thread. I'm thinking of getting the 60mm inlet w/ 90mm outlet. is that what you have on yours??
Old 04-19-11, 09:37 AM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Haha, nice Zombie thread. I saw 7cain's GS last weekend. It doesnt have this exhaust on it any more. If you are not turbo and plan on doing single, I would say go with 2.5" or whatever the equivalent mm that is, lol. The tip, I would do 4" at least. Scare some people.