GS - 1st Gen (1993-1997) Discussion about the first generation GS300

1993 GS300 Body Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-05, 07:32 PM
seeya
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 GS300 Body Kit??

Thinking about putting a kit and some wheels on the wifes GS300. Anyone suggestions on a kit with good fitment that doesn't look rice? I am going to search some more right now, but if anyone has any suggestions on what to stay away from I would appreciate it.
Old 08-28-05, 09:10 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

how much u wanna spend............ there not chump change and mostly likely imported from japan (not trying to sound like fast and the furious)
Old 08-29-05, 08:08 PM
RIPS
Driver School Candidate

personally I like the jdm admiration kit.

Old 08-29-05, 08:21 PM
seeya
Lead Lap

Very nice kit I agree! However I am trying to spend somewere at or below $1500. I have this and an SC300 I am going to mod both outside as well as under the hood, so I need to strech the funds a little better.
Old 08-31-05, 10:17 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

well there are about 600 copies of the admiration

the 2 best which are reasonably priced titan aerogear agressor and VIS cyber, both have decent fitment.
Old 08-31-05, 10:43 AM
shoaf213
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
well there are about 600 copies of the admiration

the 2 best which are reasonably priced titan aerogear agressor and VIS cyber, both have decent fitment.
the cyber kit is on Ebay for around $600 shipped I think, I think that's what I'll go with
Old 08-31-05, 12:06 PM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

don't get an ebay kit they are not actually VIS

http://www.groundeffex.com/product.php?ProductID=491 talk to them, they might work on price a bit.
Old 08-31-05, 07:44 PM
RIPS
Driver School Candidate

I like the version I have because it was made for the jdm fog lights. So no modification. The titan kit takes the u.s. fog lights. On top of that, I requested the middle portion of my front gear not to be made and left as a wide mouth bumper.
Old 08-31-05, 11:39 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

It's a lexus and not a honda, go for real body kits and not knockoffs. Thats just my opinion.
Did I mention wald kits are available and only take 2 months from Japan.

Last edited by Wald GS; 09-01-05 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-01-05, 06:52 AM
lexus4jess
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by LexAristo
It's a lexus and not a honda, go for real body kits and not knockoffs. Thats just my opinion.
Did I mention wald kits are available and only take 2 months from Japan.
Yes ,you did mention it,Thank for the reminder.
Old 09-01-05, 07:22 AM
Eric-RPS13-
Lead Lap

edit off
handling off forums like should be done
sorry to bring down your post seeya

Last edited by Eric-GS300-; 09-01-05 at 07:38 PM.
Old 09-01-05, 08:11 AM
Pianoman72
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carson had Wald kits for $1000 and I think there was another link where a shop was selling them for $800 in New York. But all the other JDM kits are worth almost more than the car in most cases - once you pay for paint and everything. JP kit is $4000 on sale. Crazy.

JDM stuff is cool but as long as you don't cruise around with your kit UNPAINTED no one is going to think less of you on here for not going JDM. Here's that link before Carson sold all of their Wald kits.

<https://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109970>
Old 09-01-05, 09:52 AM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by Eric-GS300-
Bryan get off your high horse cuz you got a d*mn wald (I can get any JDM kit I want to, oh yay I get mad points yo), sheesh dude. (or would you prefer this you got a JDM kit, oh you man you, have my babies now.)
the titan remake is just as good and you don't have to take away crash bars.
your whole lexus not a honda attitude is really annoying, quit acting all elite, you got your car 2nd hand just like most of us here (1st gen forum) so stop acting big money like you paid full price for your GS.

Your stuff will be sent tomorrow.

As far as the car, I could of gotten a 2nd gen but, if I did, the funds for aftermarket modification would have been very minor. Hence that, I opted for the 1st gen just because no one has the car.

1k is not big baller money for a kit. That is the expected price of a quality product made by a first hand company. There are many jdm kits and they are cost an arm and a leg, could you really get those? I did tons of research over my 3 years as a owner and there are only a handful of kits that are available. The wald is pretty much the only kit I can afford with my budget.

Now back to the knockoff kits, do you really want a kit that resembles ones that people in the 1st gen forums already have. Off the top of my head, I can name 3 people with the admiration kit, be it the admiration style or genuine admiration.

Uniqueness is the main thing I think of when it comes to a body kit. Like how Nyaristo has his veilside front with winn sides and rear.

The veilside kit, there are already 2 people with that kit. EIther way, I am not acting like any elitist or anything because I am not... Yes, I am the second owner of this, but at least I am modding the car the "right" way. As Lexus4jess and I have always stated, don't low ball your car with parts that don't represent what the car is.

It's up to you. I know you have had your kit sitting in your house for over 1 yr, it's either you put it on now, or stop complaining about what you want to do.

Modding is modding, some people put 1k rims on a Lexus and some people like Atsou, Rominl, put 6k rims on their. There reasoning, it's a Lexus not a honda.!

Anyways, I will not beat around the dead dog, too bad the OG member "Manaray" isn't active in posting. I'm sure he would understand what I am talking about.

If your a type of person that likes copies, styles, and knockoff's, get the fake kit. Knockoffs on a Lexus will never even cross my mind. Everyone here most likely purchased their 1st gens under 14k, with lexus4jess spending more for his since he told me. You could of purchased a civic and then have done whatever you want to it via knockoffs and I will support you greatly.

Last edited by Wald GS; 09-01-05 at 10:11 AM.
Old 09-01-05, 10:12 AM
Wald GS

Originally Posted by lexus4jess
Yes ,you did mention it,Thank for the reminder.

In many other posts, even you agree with me, mod it like it's a Lexus.
Old 09-01-05, 02:31 PM
MONSTER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RIPS
personally I like the jdm admiration kit.

I have this same kit, from VIS Racing. Like it alot, except the fact that there was no room to stick in the FMIC, so I had to leave 2JZ swap with side-mount IC.

Quick Reply: 1993 GS300 Body Kit??