Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Local Chapters and Regional Forums > Regional ClubLexus Forums > Great Lakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 02-15-14, 08:39 PM   #1
Tupp
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default New Member

Hey everyone. Im a new member who has been reading and reading and reading all of these amazing build threads. I dont currently own a Lexus but I have owned a MKIII Supra Turbo Targa with a manual. It was a great handling and fast car. Hate to admit it but I was only 17 when I got it so it was a bit too powerful for me back then... I know its not a Lexus but it is as close as it gets

Its has been 13 years since I owned that ride and Im looking to get to get back in to those inline 6 with a turbo.

Im currently driving a Pontiac that I have dumped a bit of money in to with suspension, brakes, Audio/visual system and some performance mods too.

I have a buyer lined up for my car now and when it does sell Im looking to get a second gen GS and do a motor/trans swap. I have been searching for a sedan with a manual trans and they are so hard to find where I live because we americans are so damn lazy. My current G6 is the first car I have ever owned thats auto. At first it was great but im in desperate need of a man pedal.

My father was a trade mechanic and every car I have ever bought was broken so I am good with fixing, fabricating and customizing on my own.

Sorry for such a long post but I hope to continue to read, learn, research and post as I go.

I see the motor swap is quite common but is it common to do a Manual Trans swap in the GS?

Thanks
Tupp
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Tupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-14, 08:39 PM