Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Lexus of Maplewood MN...A+

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-12, 01:38 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Received 73 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Lexus of Maplewood MN...A+

I did a road trip from Chicago to MSP this past weekend. Figuring I would just get an oil change when I got up there.

Went to the dealership where the car was originally purchased new. (I'm second owner) Called the night before, made an appointment. Came in the next moring and I have to say this is a really nice dealership. The waiting room was nicer than the ones I'm use to in Chicago. People were awesome. Spoke with a salesman and receptionist for a while about the new Lexus line up. Joked around a bit. They let me get inside the new 4th gen GS they had there...Knowing I was not going to buy it.

My service writer Jill Varney was cool. She informed me I needed my 60k service done. My tires needed to be rotated, the norm. I told her I had the 60k stuff at home to do, and the tires I would flip when I got back home to Chicago. No pressure, no guilt tripping me into getting the extras. Washed the car and I was on my way.

I wish I had this dealership by me in Chicago. I did see some bad reviews on Google written by people that were unhappy with whatever. Below every negative comment is the manager posting his contact info with a willingness to help. Your not going to make everyone happy in the business world. But the willingness to talk and work something out about a problem is huge.

Anyway...

I'm the pickiest most critical person when it comes to Lexus Dealerships. This one impressed me.

Last edited by neurocity; 03-05-12 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-06-12, 11:26 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus of Maplewood is garbage... $500 for spark plug change? get real
Old 03-07-12, 12:22 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Originally Posted by two2tone
Lexus of Maplewood is garbage... $500 for spark plug change? get real
Well, now I know who left that review for them on the google page. After reading your comments on Sewell Lexus here. I've come to the conclusion that you think people owe you something or that you should get things for free...just because. Did you actually get the plugs done for $500, or did you refuse and then drive home in a fever to write up a bad review for them? Just curious.

Its the same price here in Chicago for a plug change. Not sure why that's so shocking to people who get work done at a dealer, that they will pay more.

Lets think about this...
Joe Blow mechanic who uses a pipe and impact wrench on everything. Only reference to the vehicle is some Alldata PDF's...
Or the trained certified Lexus Mechanic who works on the cars daily has the proper tools and information.

Sorry, but I bought my car cause its better than other cars out there. I will pay for better service too.

For those that have the tools and the time. Here is a great plug change writeup. Though its highly doubtful that you will be able to blast through a plug change in 30min like someone stated. Its still a fairly easy task and money saver.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...g-service.html

Last edited by neurocity; 03-07-12 at 12:39 PM.
Old 03-07-12, 12:57 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by neurocity
Well, now I know who left that review for them on the google page. After reading your comments on Sewell Lexus here. I've come to the conclusion that you think people owe you something or that you should get things for free...just because. Did you actually get the plugs done for $500, or did you refuse and then drive home in a fever to write up a bad review for them? Just curious.

Its the same price here in Chicago for a plug change. Not sure why that's so shocking to people who get work done at a dealer, that they will pay more.

Lets think about this...
Joe Blow mechanic who uses a pipe and impact wrench on everything. Only reference to the vehicle is some Alldata PDF's...
Or the trained certified Lexus Mechanic who works on the cars daily has the proper tools and information.

Sorry, but I bought my car cause its better than other cars out there. I will pay for better service too.

For those that have the tools and the time. Here is a great plug change writeup. Though its highly doubtful that you will be able to blast through a plug change in 30min like someone stated. Its still a fairly easy task and money saver.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...g-service.html
Wow hey someone has a lot of time on their hand. What's next? you gonna come to my house?

OF COURSE THEY OWE ME SOMETHING! When you buy an expensive vehicle which malfunctions, you'd think it should work right?

you'd think they fix it, but no... what they do is charge for a maintenance that is not even due until 75k miles... the car had 48k miles at the time??? And on top of it all, when I asked if its going to fix my problem, they had the nerves to say , 'no , and we wont give you a refund'... I hope in the future you'll run into these kinds of problem... until then dont even start your senseless attacks... maplewood of lexus is crap... if you dont know the whole story, just go back to where you come from and stay under your rock. Stop getting on maplewood's nutz unless they paid you to write the review.

and as for Sewells... their stuff is already overpriced... and when they dont respond to any of their threads... it obviously shows they dont care... like i said, go sleep under ur rock
Old 03-07-12, 01:10 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

Come to your house? Your name is Marc. anyone can see that. Anyone can also look at the Google reviews and see that Marc posted whining about $500 spark plug change.

You bought a USED car. No one OWES you anything. Even after your little girl fit negative post, the manager posted with his contact info offering to talk about it. What, did you want it all for free.

Please tell me more how I sleep under a rock. You think I'm attacking you? No, I'm just dissecting your post. All up in arms because the dealership is running a business. You don't like the price... go someplace else. Its not like you HAD to pay $500.

Bottom line. I was extremely happy. You were not... Obviously with your comments here and on their Google review page show that.

But to write a bad review because you didn't like the price they had. The fact that the store manager tried to reach out to you to resolve the situation. Don't move to Chicago... you'll be making bad reviews about every store you walk into.
Old 03-07-12, 01:22 PM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by neurocity
snip.
lemme know what maplewood pays you to write positive reviews for them... oh and lemme know how much Sewells paid you to take out their negative itrader stats... Hey I'm sure it wasn't the first time keep on doing what you do, its not going to change the fact that Lexus of Maplewood runs a shady business , as well as Sewell.

Used or not used, when you buy something from a dealership... and things goes wrong withing 7 days... shady is shady

Last edited by two2tone; 03-07-12 at 01:29 PM.
Old 03-07-12, 01:36 PM
neurocity
Neu`roc´i`ty

I know, I know. Its very hard to understand how the world works and immediately think that I got payed for my words on Maplewood Lexus....on a section of forum with little traffic. You got it all figured out.

Hard to believe that someone would actually have a good experience at a place that wronged you in such an epic way.

As far as Sewell. They are also a Dealership Parts store. They operate a business. They offer discounted prices to members here for no other reason than being a member here. They pay CL's host company "Internet Brands" to advertise here...and in return offer a discounted price to the 170+ thousand members. As far as contacting them. Why not call the parts department at the dealership. Instead of waiting for a forum post reply.

Yet that's not good enough for you.

Negative iTrader stats? Tell me more...cause. I can edit things, ban you, delete stuff. But editing iTrader stats. That's a new one... Let me know How I can do that. Oh nooby member of under 200 posts. Tell me more about how things work around here.
Old 03-07-12, 02:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

OK guys, lets take it to PM.

two2tone, I removed your iTrader as a reported issue. I found it was unwarranted after reviewing the situation in detail, same as I do with any member that gets negative iTrader feedback and reports it as unfair. Your experience with the purchase, delivery and product was absolutely fine... your issue was that the product went on sale two months after you bought yours. Your public rant and demands were not reasonable nor politely / maturely stated. I think (know) that if you'd taken a different tactic you'd have had a different result but that clearly isn't an option for you.

If you wish to discuss it, you can PM me. I think if you look around the forum, you'll find we side with members in getting their issues resolved with CL vendors both in the forums and especially behind the scenes. When folks flake out and start with the tin foil hat stuff and the running public commentary it makes it very hard to incentivize vendors to want to make things right for you.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 03-07-12 at 02:17 PM.