Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Where are all the MN people at?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-11, 09:58 AM
tonyM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Halon
Yup exactly. Seems people act interested until something actually happens then they all hide. Which Subaru guys you know? I only know a couple. I know Emily (extremely skinny girl). Also Shawn Wickam, he's building an older impreza, also owns an Evo. I knew Bee a few years ago through friends, but don't really see her ever anymore. Also I know "Red". Goodhart used to be a Subaru guy, but now has an Evo.
Shane was talking to me about one they have up at DB right now, gunna help him put a scope to it to look at some of the crank/cam triggers. No idea who's that is.
I know pretty much most of them. I know Emily really well (saw her at the tuesday meet at calhoun), Bee Ive hung with a hangful of times. Sheen (owns a porsche now), Carl Seigler (zip tie rally) Ryan K, most everyone on MNsubaru, Tim the Plumber, Ginger Brian, Turtle/tall/round/ninja dans (yes, 4 different dans with nicknames) Dave Goodman.

You going to C&C Saturday?
Old 05-05-11, 04:55 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Nah I'm actually heading up to Fargo this weekend. If you see Emily, tell her Brandon said what's up. She comes out to our Wednesday meets every once in awhile.

Here's a pic we never let her forget about. Kegger at my house back in like '07, on the hood of my old Gaylant

I know a Ginger Brian, but he doesn't drive a Subaru... Same guy I wonder? If you look at my dyno vid, he's in there (kinda does a slow-mo on him in the middle). If it's the same Brian, he's good ****. If you ever go to the MAP Proving Grounds, we're usually camped out at the same spot.
Old 05-09-11, 10:20 AM
Lexura1414
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts

Wake up MN people! Greetings from Mykonos Greece!

Last edited by Lexura1414; 05-09-11 at 01:03 PM.
Old 05-09-11, 03:20 PM
tonyM
Rookie

Originally Posted by Halon
Nah I'm actually heading up to Fargo this weekend. If you see Emily, tell her Brandon said what's up. She comes out to our Wednesday meets every once in awhile.

Here's a pic we never let her forget about. Kegger at my house back in like '07, on the hood of my old Gaylant

I know a Ginger Brian, but he doesn't drive a Subaru... Same guy I wonder? If you look at my dyno vid, he's in there (kinda does a slow-mo on him in the middle). If it's the same Brian, he's good ****. If you ever go to the MAP Proving Grounds, we're usually camped out at the same spot.

haha, yup! thats her. I'll tell her at the calhoun meet tomorrow. I'll be sure to print that picture and show her

Not the same Ginger Brian though. The one I know is a crazed subaru guy. He owns 2 now.

Im going to the Map proving grounds. Im pulling my camper up and spending the weekend as a spectator. Unless I decide to run my car for ******* and grins.
Old 05-09-11, 03:58 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Cool stuff. I've been to the Proving Grounds the past two years. Just brought a tent and camped in the free area. I think that's by far the best way to go. It's where all the partying takes place at night. Made it to the final 4 last year with a f'd up tranny in my old Talon. Lost to another Talon, but was fun that I made it that far.

Not sure if I'll get to go this year, as I'm thinking the SC might not be ready in time.
Old 05-09-11, 04:43 PM
tonyM
Rookie

Are campers not allowed in the free area? I dont need hookups, I have a self contained camper. I don't need power or water hookups.

If so we can set up a nice camp going.

I just spoke to my rally partner, and we're thinking of co-driving our rallyX car there. Might be fun. Who knows
Old 05-09-11, 05:20 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

oh yeah, you can have a camper in the free area too. I just assumed you meant in the "powered" area.

There's tons of camping space all over. Just park wherever and claim the area yours. The bigger party's usually are over by the loop area that's wide open. We tend to setup camp in the tree'd area for shade and rain protection. And that way when you do want to sleep it's not as loud. And we just go party at the other camp sites

Here's some pics from last year. We had a group of about 8 of us that camped together. GMC is my towing rig, and Talon was my race car. Other guys in my camp site raced a bike, another Talon, and a Miata. It's a great time, I hope my SC is ready in time, and I'll be there again.

Me playing leader of the pack

another good one to print out for Emily:
Old 05-10-11, 07:14 AM
simple
Pole Position

Spotted a white is350 at LA Fitness last nite, looks stock but lowered. Anyone here? I go there every other day or so...
Old 05-10-11, 08:55 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kyle Harty
I'm out of the metro but would come up for a meet or something if I could work it into the schedule, I'll have to keep an eye on this section now that the weather is getting nice.
I heard there's going to be a toyota meet sometime this spring or summer, not sure yet. if i hear anything more about it, i'll let you know. unless somebody in here knows anything about it

Spotted a white SC with intercooler, wheels and body kit on 694 yesterday around 6pm. looks really nice and i always see a black one with wheels on 61 going north by 94. that one looks nice also.
Old 05-10-11, 09:59 AM
DT2k
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by denut-L
I heard there's going to be a toyota meet sometime this spring or summer, not sure yet. if i hear anything more about it, i'll let you know. unless somebody in here knows anything about it

Spotted a white SC with intercooler, wheels and body kit on 694 yesterday around 6pm. looks really nice and i always see a black one with wheels on 61 going north by 94. that one looks nice also.
what car where you in? That was me you saw in the SC. I was on my way to the ricekiller meet at MAP.
Old 05-10-11, 08:50 PM
AltezzaIS3
Rookie

I just picked up my IS300 from Full Blown Motorsport today with my Megan EZ Street Coilovers installed. Loving it! She is sitting nice and low. Posting pictures a little later. But will be at RiceKillers on Monday!
Old 05-11-11, 08:45 AM
denut-L
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DT2k
what car where you in? That was me you saw in the SC. I was on my way to the ricekiller meet at MAP.
I was in my camry going east on 694, saw you right after Brooklyn blvd. Car looks mean as hell!!

Originally Posted by AltezzaIS3
I just picked up my IS300 from Full Blown Motorsport today with my Megan EZ Street Coilovers installed. Loving it! She is sitting nice and low. Posting pictures a little later. But will be at RiceKillers on Monday!
Looking forward to pics

what's up with this ricekiller meet? more info
Old 05-11-11, 11:55 AM
whise
Driver

[QUOTE=whise;6312697]
Originally Posted by 2soonJR
I got 20" Forgestar F10 wheels and it's a one piece finish.

OK.... I see the bend. I bought mine to twincitywheel i'm picking them up later today i'll let you know how they came out.
Been meaning to post up pics, finally got a working camera. The front there are small dents still from them bending it back, the back wheel looks perfect.
Attached Thumbnails Where are all the MN people at?-picture-006.jpg   Where are all the MN people at?-picture-110.jpg   Where are all the MN people at?-picture-111.jpg   Where are all the MN people at?-picture-007.jpg   Where are all the MN people at?-picture-113.jpg  

Old 05-11-11, 12:37 PM
2soonJR
Driver

[QUOTE=whise;6380663]
Originally Posted by whise

Been meaning to post up pics, finally got a working camera. The front there are small dents still from them bending it back, the back wheel looks perfect.
thanks for posting up pics,

I have to take my wheels to get fix soon
Old 05-11-11, 12:45 PM
AltezzaIS3
Rookie

Originally Posted by denut-L
what's up with this ricekiller meet? more info
It's every Monday at Modern Automotive Performance (MAP) which is the same place Boost For Boobies was held. Here is its facebook page from the May 2nd event.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...48403041889110

&

a few pics from the last event to give you a taste of the various amount of cars that show up.

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...0.123487738375

Quick Reply: Where are all the MN people at?