Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Tx2k9

Old 12-15-08, 06:42 PM
iasc300
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx2k9

Who is all planning on going? I know a bunch of guys are driving through Des Moines from Minnesota on the way down there and some of us are going to meet up with them and head down- Heres all the info you need-

TX2K9 Official Information Thread --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The official TX2K9 hotel is Omni Houston Hotel Westside. The hotel is located approximately 25 minutes from Lonestar Motorsports Park and very close to the night meet location. It's off I-10 and is very accessible from the interstate.

Rates
Wednesday night March 18: $119 (30 rooms blocked)
Thursday night March 19: $119 (50 rooms blocked)
Friday night March 20: $99 (60 rooms blocked)
Saturday night March 21: $99 (60 rooms blocked)

Reservation Phone Number
1-800-THE-OMNI (1-800-843-6664)

YOU MUST BOOK YOUR ROOM BY MARCH 5TH OR YOU WILL NOT GET THE DISCOUNTED RATE LISTED ABOVE. THEIR NORMAL RATE IS $289/NIGHT!!!!!

Omni Address
13210 Katy Freeway
Houston, Texas 77079

Reservation Instructions
When you call to reserve, you MUST use the confirmation number "TX2K9 Car Show" and you must tell them it's for the Omni Houston Hotel Westside

Benefits
--Classy hotel
--Nice rooms
--Used to a "loud" crowd (they host a Harley Convention every year)
--Safe part of town
--Lots of parking for rigs/trailers
--Covered parking garage
--Security onsite
--20 to 25 minutes from the track (Lonestar)

Thursday March 19, 2009 - Driver's Education/Road Racing at MSR Houston

OK gentleman/ladies, it's OFFICIAL, the road racing/driver's education will be on Thursday March 19, 2009. The event is once again going back to MSR Houston(www.MSRHouston.com)

We will be running the 2.4 mile configuration:
http://www.msrhouston.com/msrhouston/trackmap.asp

MSR Houston is approximately 45 minutes from the host hotel:

From the host hotel take I-10 East towards Houston. Stay on I-10 east for approximately 4 miles and exit Beltway 8 and travel South (go right). Stay on Beltway 8 for approximately 20 miles until you get to Highway 288. Please note that Beltway 8 is a pay toll. Exit Hwy 288 and travel South. You will stay on 288 for approximately 21 miles. You will go past Hwy 6 and MSR Houston is exactly 13 miles south of Hwy 6 on the left hand side of the highway. Traveling south on Hwy 288, exit SOUTH CR 48 (not to be confused with CR 48). SOUTH CR 48 is right after FM 1462/Rosharon exit - just after you cross the power lines. You can't miss it.

Gates Open: 7:00 am

Mandatory Driver's Meeting: 7:45 am

First Cars On Track: 8:00 am

Cost per Car: $240 via cash, check or MO, or paypal $248 to pblach@att.net (NON REFUNDABLE - however if your plans change you can sell your spot to someone else)

Transponder Cost: $50 cash, check or MO, or paypal $52 to pblach@att.net (NON REFUNDABLE - however if your plans change you can sell your timing spot to someone else)

Deadline To Submit Payment: the deadline is February 1, 2009. If we don't have 45 cars signed up by 2/1/09 then we will have to cancel this event. I know we go through this every year, but please, if you are coming please submit your money asap so that we can guarantee the track.
If you prefer to mail payment in, please mail to:

Peter Blach
12915 Carlaris Court
Houston, TX 77041

Cost to enter: This year there will be a $10 PER CAR fee to enter MSR Houston. This will NOT be per person, rather per car. If you are a registered road racer and have paid to participate in the event, there will be NO fee for you at the gate.

Classes and Format:
Beginner - if you've never run a road course before or if you feel like you need an instructor in your car to teach you the track. It will be up to the instructor to allow you to run alone and to decide if you are qualified enough to do so.
Advanced - if you have run the 2.4 mile MSR Houston configuration before, or if you have 3 previous SCCA or other sanctioned body road course/driver's education events under your belt. This class is also for those that would like a transponder and would like to be part of the time attack event.

Friday March 20, 2009 - Dyno Day and Car Show at Lonestar Motorsports Park

The dyno day and show-n-shine will be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com). Friday kicks off the first of two days of events at Lonestar and John Hennessey (owner of the track) was gracious enough to offer his grounds to all of the attendees to leave trucks, trailers, etc...overnight. The dyno day schedule will work the same way it's worked over the last fouir years. First come first serve... I will be at Lonestar at 8:20 am on Friday and will be taking sign ups for the dyno day that morning. Sponsors will get a guaranteed spot but the rest of the spots will be open to anyone. The first car will hit the dyno at 9:00 am and we will dyno cars every 20 minutes until 3:00 pm. The Show-N-Shine judging will be from 12:00-2:00 pm. All awards will be presented at 3:00 pm. Right after the dyno day the 60-130 competition will start followed by drag racing.

Cost: dyno cost is FREE, cost to enter gates for the day is $15/person and this goes to Lonestar payable at the gate.

Food: concessions will be open all day

Directions from the Host Hotel:
From the Hotel, take I-10 WEST and stay on I-10 for approximately 40 miles. Exit 713 Beckendorf Road and follow the signs to Lonestar (once you exit to the right, you will take a left and onto a bridge over I-10, then you will turn right onto the access road on the other side of I-10 and follow to Lonestar).

Friday Night March 20, 2009 - 60-130 Competition at Lonestar Motorsports Park (after Dyno Day)

This year, the 60-130 competition will take place after the dyno day and before the 1/4 mile track opens on Friday night. We will wrap up the dyno day promptly at 3 pm and 60-130 race from 3:15 pm to 6:30 pm.

Cost: spectators will pay $15 to LMP to enter for the whole day, this will cover dyno day, 60-130 and drag racing at night. Tech cards will be $35 in the tech lane. Everyone will pay $15 to enter and those interested in racing in the competition will go to the tech lanes to get a tech card.

60 to 130 Classes:
Street Tire Class - this includes all DOT approved, grooved street tires. R-compound tires are also included in this class.

Drag Radial Tire Class - this includes all drag radials in any size.

UNLIMITED Class - this includes all cars outfitted with slicks (ET Streets, ET Drags, Hoosier Slicks, etc...)

Friday Night March 20, 2009 and Saturday March 21, 2009 - Drag Racing at Lonestar Motorsports Park

The Drag Racing event will be at Lonestar Motorsports Park (www.lonestarmotorsportspark.com) for the second year in a row. This year, we will once again bring back the "drag racing for 2 days option".

Here are the details:
Friday night, after the dyno day and after the 60-130 competition, the track will go hot at 7 pm and drag racing will continue until 12 am (midnight). All runs on Friday will be test-n-tune runs. The next morning (Saturday), the gates will open at 8:00 am and the track will go hot at 9:00 am. From 9:00 am until 11:00 am we will have practice runs. Starting at 11:00 am qualifying will start and the schedule will be as follows:

11:00 am - qualifying pass 1
12:30 pm - qualifying pass 2
2:00 pm - eliminations round 1
3:30 pm - eliminations round 2
4:30 pm - eliminations round 3
5:30 pm - final round eliminations

There will be a dedicated lane for test-n-tune ALL DAY LONG.

Cost: spectators will pay $20 to LMP on Saturday. Racers will be able to purchase a "2-day tech card" on Friday (NON-REFUNDABLE if you break on Friday night) for $80 (in addition to the $15 cost to enter on dyno day). If a racer only wants to run on Saturday, the tech cards will be the same price as last year, $45 (in addition to the $20 cost to enter).

DRAG RACING CLASSES

As of right now, any car can run the below classes as long as it meets the rules outlined below.

TEST-N-TUNE
The lanes will be open all day for test-n-tune. This is the perfect venue for you to settle your grudges or to simply have the opportunity to run an UNLIMITED number of times!

Class 6 (UNLIMITED)
Multiple power adders allowed. Gasoline and methanol permitted as primary fuel. Not required to run full interior (can be stripped), however it must retain IRS. Any transmission ok with the exception of air shifted transmissions. W tires allowed with a maximum size of 10.5W. All other tires allowed.

Class 7 (6-Speed Challenge)
Cost to enter this class is $100 payable to me at the gate when you get to LMP. The winner will get 75% of the pot and the runner-up will get 25% of the pot (i.e. if there are 8 cars entered, the winner will get $600 and the runner-up will get $200). The only rule is that you must run a 6-speed transmission, no automatics allowed, any car make/model allowed.

Street Car Class
This is a new class for 2009 that will be open to ALL MAKES/MODELS. This class will have a handsome payout and should be very interesting. This class will be administered by a new sponsor of TX2K9 that is local to Houston named ARD. They came to me with this idea and I liked it so much, I decided to give it a shot this year! Thank you to Owen Priest and ARD for helping me put this class together. This class can and should include Vettes, Porsche's, Vipers, Supra's, Camaro's, Mustang's, etc...

The rules:

--all entrants will be required to go on a 20-30 mile cruise and will have to stay behind a lead car and in front of an end car...any participant that falls out of that line for any reason during the cruise will be disqualified and entry fee will not be refunded...the cars that fall out can stay and test-n-tune all day...speeds on the cruise will be mostly highway and will be in the 60 mph range...
--the cruise will leave the front gates at Lonestar at 11:30 am...just after qualifying pass 1 and back in enough time to run qualifying pass 2 if wanted
--carpet, both front seats and door panels required
--inspection sticker required (in the state you live in)
--radio that works is required (which means you need speakers too)
--stock suspension required (all suspension components must be located in the stock locations)
--no tire rule
--no fuel rule
--no power adder rule

$1,000 CASH - last year it went to Stacy Barnett who entered his TT Viper into the competition. At the end of TX2K8 last year, these were the following results:

1. Stacy Barnett - TT Viper - 370 points
2. Marty Kaye - 996TT - 355 points
3. Sean Reed - 996 GT2 - 345 points
4. Eric Carver - 06 Z06 - 340 points
5. Thomas Bradley - 98 Supra - 315 points

6. Tag Marlow (Supra) - DNF
6. Ron Henderson (Supra) - DNF
6. Muhammad Choudhurry - DNF
6. Jason Lord - DNF
6. Peter Anastasopolous (996) - DNF

As you can see, the Ultimate Street Car Challenge is a VERY tough competition, who will win this year???????

Step 1: send $50 to me, that will enter you as a contendor in the "Ultimate Street Car Competition"

Peter Blach
12915 Carlaris Court
Houston, TX 77041

OR you can paypal $52 to pblach@att.net

Step 2: decide which events you want to participate in, each event will result in points given to the cars entered in the "ULTIMATE Street Car Competition".

The points will be given as follows:

---Road Racing - you will have to pre-pay for this event and reserve a transponder. Points will be awarded as follows:
Fastest Lap Time (for a car entered into the Competition): 100 points
2nd: 95 points
3rd: 90 points
4th: 85 points
5th: 80 points
6th: 75 points
7th: 70 points
8th: 65 points
9th: 60 points
All others entered: 55 points

---Dyno Day: you will get a GUARANTEED SPOT during the dyno day. Points will be awarded as follows:
Highest Dyno Number (for a car entered into the Competition): 100 points
BONUS: 10 points (any car that makes over 700 rwhp)

---60 to 130 Challenge: you pay at the gate to enter the 60 to 130 challenge. Points will be awarded as follows:
Quickest 60 to 130 Time (for a car entered into the Competition): 100 points
BONUS: 10 points (any car that is quicker than 6.0 from 60-130)

---Drag Racing: you pay at the gate to enter the drag racing competition. This competition will be based on ET and NOT mph. You do not need to enter a specific class, you can run test-n-tune all day and submit your quickest ET. Points will be awarded as follows:
Quickest ET (for a car entered into the Competition): 100 points
BONUS: 10 points (any car that is quicker than 11.0)

Q&A:
Do I need to enter every event? NO, all you need to do is have the MOST points at the end of the day Sunday.

What type/kind of cars qualify? ANY CAR (Supra, Porsche, Vette, Viper, WRX, EVO, etc...). If you have an AWD car, contact me and I have a way to count your dyno number that will require some verification, etc...

How do you know what my quickest times are? It will be up to the person in the competition to bring me VERIFICATION of their quickest time/dyno number. Don't assume I know what you ran or how much power you put down. You need to make sure you come to me to show me your time slip, remind me of you dyno number, etc...

Can we have different drivers for the different events? Yes, I do not care who drives your car, all I care about is the fact that you have to run the SAME car in each event you enter that you want to count towards the ULTIMATE Street Car Competition.

What kind of car do you think is the best candidate for this competition? Those cars that do everything well have the best chance.

Lets make a list-
Old 01-01-09, 10:07 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If I get my car done I am going, Now I have a goal!
Old 01-07-09, 10:18 PM
Jacj3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

GS300 is already down for work and will be there.