Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Check in: Michiana Area Lexus Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 10:05 PM
VJZ
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

574--I actually had a chance to talk to the guy that owns that SC300. I occasionally go to Bremen for parts or whatnot at the CarQuest that they have there because the owners actually know cars. They are mainly GM guys, but one of the brothers that runs the place is an audio genius and likes the occasional tuner car. Anyway, I ran there to get a pair of speakers for my SC and saw an SC sitting there. I walked in and saw a kid there (the only person in the store) and I asked him if that was his. I talked to him for a while about a lot of things. Apparently he has two black SC300's, one with a GTE swap and the other is essentially stock. The GTE swapped one he had that day. It seemed like it was really nice. The interior was okay and basically stock. I guess that was going in storage for a while so he can do some things to the engine. He did mention his forum and I was kind of curious but haven't checked it out yet. He said something about it being for a class and that it made him intrigued in designing forums. He told me he wanted to start one for SC's only--which I liked. You should talk to him about that sometime if you run into him.

I may check that forum out now that I remembered it. Do you have the link to it?

He seemed like a real nice guy though. He left and I talked to the guy that runs the store to find out more about the kid. Apparently he's been in and out of hospitals for a while when he was a kid for some form of cancer, but he's okay now. I felt bad for him!

Yes I was a victim of tornado damage. My garage was completely blown to bits and a tree branch fell on the front of my IS. It didn't total it but she got nailed pretty good. I just got it back about a week and a half ago with new parts on it and fresh paint. I'm getting ready to get rid of it to my best friend. His house burned to the ground this past summer and had to sell his car to basically survive. He's driving a mid 1990's Chevy truck that does absolutely nothing for his style...haha. I know I'll be taking a huge loss on the car but I don't need the money and I would do anything to help my friend.

I guess that was kind of long...
Old 12-13-07, 11:30 PM
574-SC300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmiller80
574--I actually had a chance to talk to the guy that owns that SC300. I occasionally go to Bremen for parts or whatnot at the CarQuest that they have there because the owners actually know cars. They are mainly GM guys, but one of the brothers that runs the place is an audio genius and likes the occasional tuner car. Anyway, I ran there to get a pair of speakers for my SC and saw an SC sitting there. I walked in and saw a kid there (the only person in the store) and I asked him if that was his. I talked to him for a while about a lot of things. Apparently he has two black SC300's, one with a GTE swap and the other is essentially stock. The GTE swapped one he had that day. It seemed like it was really nice. The interior was okay and basically stock. I guess that was going in storage for a while so he can do some things to the engine. He did mention his forum and I was kind of curious but haven't checked it out yet. He said something about it being for a class and that it made him intrigued in designing forums. He told me he wanted to start one for SC's only--which I liked. You should talk to him about that sometime if you run into him.

I may check that forum out now that I remembered it. Do you have the link to it?

He seemed like a real nice guy though. He left and I talked to the guy that runs the store to find out more about the kid. Apparently he's been in and out of hospitals for a while when he was a kid for some form of cancer, but he's okay now. I felt bad for him!

Yes I was a victim of tornado damage. My garage was completely blown to bits and a tree branch fell on the front of my IS. It didn't total it but she got nailed pretty good. I just got it back about a week and a half ago with new parts on it and fresh paint. I'm getting ready to get rid of it to my best friend. His house burned to the ground this past summer and had to sell his car to basically survive. He's driving a mid 1990's Chevy truck that does absolutely nothing for his style...haha. I know I'll be taking a huge loss on the car but I don't need the money and I would do anything to help my friend.

I guess that was kind of long...
Didn't know he had 2 SCs, I haven't had a change to talk to him in person. I really don't see to many SCs around yet alone SC enthusiasts. Maybe sometime soon I will run into him but I'm rarely in Bremen.

I believe this is his forum, I go by 574-240sx over there.
http://mipsport.informe.com/forum/

I haven't been on that forum for awhile, it kind of died out, I mainly visit the local forum streetdisturbance.com, I go by the same 574-240sx name there too. We have a small local meet every Wednesday evening at 7pm at Pizza King. In the winter usually on averages 8-10 people but once summer hits usally we expect 25+ people.

Thats horrible about your IS but if its going to a good friend I can understand that.