Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Taste of Lexus - Cincinnati

Old 11-25-07, 10:32 AM
Namir
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Taste of Lexus - Cincinnati

Hey guys, just got back from my Taste of Lexus even here in Cincinnati Ohio. The event was at Kings Island, and I must say it was very well organized. The building was heated very well (it was low 30's this morning) and the furnishings reflected the elegant luxury of Lexus. Food was good and the people were very cheerful and pleasant. I thought it was going to be a really good experience but maybe my expectations were a little high. The biggest disappointment was the fact that there was no IS-F present.

The closest we got was a giant banner....I tried to cajole the nice lady into letting me um... take it... no luck. Anyway, no IS-F.

The LS600H was stunning, the interior is beautiful, LED headlights are striking, the massaging seats were nice after yesterday's tackle football, the car is utterly silent, and the drive reminds me of a cloud of mist hovering over the ground.

The track was sufficient, with plenty of twists and turns, from hairpins to lane change maneuvers. The straight was quite small, I only managed to get up to 50, but it was loads of fun to push the car.The IS350 with sport suspension was by far the best car there from a driving perspective. And I think the local police were irked by the site of our lawful speeding and aggressive driving.

The LS600H wins for smoothest/quietest ride, and the SC430 was... uninspiring. The GS350 was surprisingly quick and fun to drive, despite its porky stature. Much less body roll than expected.
To no ones surprise, my friend and I were the only guests in their 20's and possibly even under the age of 35. Most were in the 35-55 age bracket, and aside from a few bored children, I was the youngest there at 21, which didn't bode so well on the 'driving course.' I saw cones and a closed course so I assumed it was acceptable to push the cars. Unfortunately it was by no means an AutoX so I was kindly warned to take it easy or I would be asked to leave *lame*.
Due to the weather, there were very few guests at the event. I could usually get out of a vehicle, switch places and go for a second run. At one point there was only one other guy in line....

On a plus note, one of the course attendants was an instructor at Skip Barber so we got to waste quite a bit of time talking cars with a fellow enthusiast. And he said he was very impressed with the IS350.

Overall, it was well done, but just didn't really appeal to some one my age. The golf game and Lexus 'lifestyle' exhibits were a little too gimmicky and irrelevant for my tastes, but I guess it was more targeted to the 'average' Lexus consumer. I had a good time at the event, but I had much higher expectations, primarily IS-F .

Just sharing my experience, Cheers.
Old 11-25-07, 01:55 PM
buckeye101
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Unhappy I was there, too!

Hello

I was at the Cincy ToL from about 2pm to 4pm. After reading some of the negative stories on this board and others, I wasn't too sure what to expect. However my wife and I had a great time! There were very few people there, and never had to wait longer than like 3 or 4 minutes for a drive. I drove all the cars there except for the SUVs, and the IS250 (since I own one). I totally agree with everything that Namir wrote above.

Namir, did you feel like the Hybrid GS drove a little more nimbler than the regular GS350? I would have thought the opposite, since the hybrid was heavier.

The LS600H was smooth yet powerful and responsive. But definitely not my cup of tea, and certainly WAY out of my price range. I definitely agree that the SC wasn't as exciting as I'd hoped. The last car I drove was the IS350 - WOW! If they only made that in AWD.

Overall, I drove the cars pretty hard - much harder than I normally drive myself. Scared the heck out of my wife, until she saw that I was under control. I have no idea how fast I was going, I never looked down - never had time!

The food was okay, the cookie was the best!

No IS-F!

AND they gave us both free Taste Of Lexus T-shirts!! I was surprised, as people on these boards have said no freebies!

Bruce
2007 IS250 AWD

EDIT - I don't know why there is a frowning face up above, next to the title - a slip of the keyboard, I guess. I was smiling the whole time I was there!

Last edited by buckeye101; 11-25-07 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-26-07, 05:16 PM
Namir
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The GS450 felt pretty solid, I think the fact that it was faster than the GS350 contributed to the 'nimble' feel but either way I was impressed with the handling in both of them.
The cookie was awesome, I wish I had taken another.
Free t-shirts!? I didn't see/get any

Haha and yes... at around 110k the LS600H is WAYY out of my price range, and I agree its not really for me, but I can see its appeal as a luxury car to compete with the much more expensive alternatives with reclining rear seats. If I could afford that car I would probably want a driver as well, since the back seats are the best.

What part of ohio are you from?
Old 11-30-07, 04:47 AM
buckeye101
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Namir

We actually got extra cookies - that place that was serving drinks (coffees, etc) also had more cookies!

The T-shirts were handed out after we filled out the questionnaires - at the end. Did you fill one out?

BTW, we filled out our questionnaires at precisely the table you show in your picture above - right below the cool poster of the IS-F!

I hail from Dayton, born and raised in Columbus.

-Bruce
2007 IS250 AWD