Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Chicago SC300/SC400 mini-meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-01, 09:12 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Would anyone be interested in having a little mini-meet? I am looking into moding my car more and see how my car compares to other SC300 or SC400. I say area around Schaumburg would be a great place for a meet. What do you guys think? Bussie Woods or Streets of Woodfield on the very top of the garadge? Everyone's welcomed. This saturday the 14th at 1 pm.
Old 07-09-01, 09:20 AM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll see if I can make it. We're supposed to be somewhere, but not sure what time that day.
I also have a 2000 C5, and their gatherings are awesome.
take care.

Last edited by mdfdsc300; 07-09-01 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-09-01, 11:36 AM
CDALTON
Driver

Im there! Just let me know the definate location.
Old 07-09-01, 12:42 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd love to go, but I have to work until 6 on Saturday (5 if I'm lucky) then drive there from southern MI. From Jackson to Chicago proper would be like 2 and 1/2 or 3 hour drive there (depending on traffic ) maybe another 30 or 45 minutes to Schaumburg. I might even be going there that weekend with a friend. Keep me informed of the details, I'll see what I can do.

Overclocker
Old 07-09-01, 02:01 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by Overclocker
I'd love to go, but I have to work until 6 on Saturday (5 if I'm lucky) then drive there from southern MI. From Jackson to Chicago proper would be like 2 and 1/2 or 3 hour drive there (depending on traffic ) maybe another 30 or 45 minutes to Schaumburg. I might even be going there that weekend with a friend. Keep me informed of the details, I'll see what I can do.

Overclocker
You're a brave man. Hahah.

BTW, let me guess, you're also a fellow Linux user. Aren't you?
Old 07-09-01, 05:55 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Yes I am. As a matter of fact, since it doesn't show what type of car you have in the forums unless you click on someone's profile, I've changed my Location to reflect my vehicle.

Overclocker
Old 07-10-01, 06:43 AM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Thumbs up Paintless dent repair

I guess I'll put this offer on the table. I was referred to this guy who does paintless dent repair for the Lexus dealership I go to. I asked him if he'd be willing to do it on the side for wholesale price and with some pursuasion he agreed. He is doing my SC300 this Thursday. If you folks are still wanting to meet and also have dings on your car you want fixed, I can arrange to have this guy meet us to at least give quotes and do some repairs.
Pls don't quote me on price just yet, but here is an example:
I went to DentBuster, which is a corporate chain. They quoted me close to $500! I am hoping to have it done for about half that price.
Just private message me so I can tell him how many to expect. He operates in the west/southwest burbs so perhaps something closer to Naperville would work out better if you all wanted to take advantage of this opportunity.
Regards,
Thom
Old 07-12-01, 07:32 AM
DIrEctQL

Default Re: Paintless dent repair

Originally posted by mdfdsc300
I guess I'll put this offer on the table. I was referred to this guy who does paintless dent repair for the Lexus dealership I go to. I asked him if he'd be willing to do it on the side for wholesale price and with some pursuasion he agreed. He is doing my SC300 this Thursday. If you folks are still wanting to meet and also have dings on your car you want fixed, I can arrange to have this guy meet us to at least give quotes and do some repairs.
Pls don't quote me on price just yet, but here is an example:
I went to DentBuster, which is a corporate chain. They quoted me close to $500! I am hoping to have it done for about half that price.
Just private message me so I can tell him how many to expect. He operates in the west/southwest burbs so perhaps something closer to Naperville would work out better if you all wanted to take advantage of this opportunity.
Regards,
Thom
I guess not many people will go for the dent fixes. My dents aren't that bad at all yet. So, perhaps in few months.

So, why don't we meet on the very top of the parking garadge at Streets of Woodfield. This is where other clubs meet from time to time. LOL. I remember last meet I went to at Bussie Woods everyone got lost because of so many places at Bussie Woods. Remember, Saturday, 1 PM. We could go out to get some food later on too. See you all there.

Z

PS. I got my Automatic Transmition Super Cooler. I have no idea where to install it. Anyone in IL has this installed? I got the 24,000 one.
Old 07-12-01, 09:39 AM
2Lexos

let's do this people.....i'm in for saturday. just give me some detailed directions coming off of 290 from chicago.
Old 07-12-01, 10:31 AM
DIrEctQL

Click here for a map

Besacly get off of I-290 at Higgins Rd. or Golf Rd. and go west. If you get off at Higgins Rd. you will see Big Bowl restaurant and not too far a big parking garadge. If you took the Golf Rd. exit then go streight pass the lights untill you see Higgins Rd. and follow the Higgins Rd. directions. LOL. The place is right on the iintersection of I-290 and Higgins Rd. Take the garadge all the way to the top. That's where we will be.

If anyone gets lost call me at 847-971-8706. My name is "Chris" or call me by my nick name "Z".

L8tr

Z
Old 07-12-01, 02:53 PM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

Unhappy A little too early for me

Ok guys, I will be going to Chicago this weekend, but 1pm is a little early for me. I think I could get there by 6:30-7:30 your time, would anybody still be there? I'd love to meet some other clublexus members and see some other peoples cars. I know it's a lot to ask, but could you maybe make it a bit later in the day?

Keep me informed.

Overclocker
Old 07-12-01, 03:05 PM
pauly
Driver School Candidate

i was wondering if this is strictly a sc300/400 meet, I live just north of shamburg and was wondering if i could bring down my es300..

-pauly
Old 07-12-01, 03:19 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by pauly
i was wondering if this is strictly a sc300/400 meet, I live just north of shamburg and was wondering if i could bring down my es300..

-pauly
Heheh, you're more than welcomed to come for the meet. All are welcomed. We'll just be prolly talking a lot about the SC300/SC400. Atleast I am, I am planning on hevely modding my car, so I need as much information as I possibly can.

Z
Old 07-12-01, 03:25 PM
DIrEctQL

Default Re: A little too early for me

Originally posted by Overclocker
Ok guys, I will be going to Chicago this weekend, but 1pm is a little early for me. I think I could get there by 6:30-7:30 your time, would anybody still be there? I'd love to meet some other clublexus members and see some other peoples cars. I know it's a lot to ask, but could you maybe make it a bit later in the day?

Keep me informed.

Overclocker
I wouldn't mind meeting at around 6:30 or 7:00 pm (I just pulled 1 pm out of nowhere). Would anyone disagree with that?

Personally I don't have any other plans other than going to the movies to see Final Fantasy or going to Cafe Iberico in Chicago. Anyone who wants to go with me is welcomed.
Old 07-12-01, 05:25 PM
mdfdsc300
Pole Position

Unhappy Sorry Guys!

I have family plans later on in the day. Perhaps I'll catch you guys next time.
Dlr, if you need help with that tranny cooler, send me an e-mail at VTchow@aol.com.
have fun,
Thom

Quick Reply: Chicago SC300/SC400 mini-meet?