Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Rolex/Grand-Am/Tuner Challenge @ Mid-Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-05, 11:17 PM
jag_600
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolex/Grand-Am/Tuner Challenge @ Mid-Ohio

Old 08-25-05, 07:39 PM
jag_600
Driver

Mid-Ohio was expecting 200 Hyundia's and Scion's, so far they have over 500 registered. Hyundia and Scion are sponsoring the event.

The Goodyear GT Redliners will be the only car corral that is not Scion or Hyundai in the infield....you do the math

I will need anyone that is coming to please PM me or post what car you are bringing: color/model/etc...so I can figure out who is who. I just got off the phone with my contact at Mid-Ohio, I have room for a couple more cars along the GT Redliners. I'll will be able to carve out some more room, but I need to know ahead of time.

We have hired the Official track photographer to shoot our cars on the track during the parade laps. We are asking for $10 if you want to get a CD of your car's pictures.

There is a major issue about the parade laps at this time, how in the heck are they going to get 500 cars on and off the track in their proposed lunchtime timeslot? Be flexible and get there early.

I will follow up with another message in a couple of minutes, have to finalize some more details.

Last edited by jag_600; 08-25-05 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-25-05, 07:48 PM
jag_600
Driver

OK...we are in the SW corner of the infield, go over the bridge, 2nd right turn, follow the signs. If you get stopped trying to get in, you are with the Goodyear GT Redliners.

I will be there early, hopefully by 9:00 Saturday to clear-up any last minute fiasco's.

I am working hard on the parade laps, right now with over 500 cars associated with the 2 main sponsors, it is not 100% certain that they will all get on the track, but I will give it my best shot to get us on the track sometime during the day.

This event at Mid-Ohio going to be HUGE, much larger than planned. There are 50 entries for the Saturday evening Rolex race. Last year it was fantastic with the Scott Pruitt in the Lexus holding off a heated challenge from one of the Pontiac teams at the checkers.

I've never seen another red SC400 in the infield, so if you see one, you are in the right place

I have a cross post in the Supraforums, looks like we will get a good turnout from the Supra owners

I'll post any updates or changes tomorrow nite.