Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio, June 25/26 - Lexus Invite

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-05, 07:55 PM
jag_600
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio, June 25/26 - Lexus Invite

The Goodyear / Dunlop "GT Redliners" car club will be sponsoring a car corral in the
infield for the Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio June 25th-26th. We will be running parade laps on Sunday June 26th.

The "GT Redliners" are a mix of current and retired Goodyear / Dunlop employees that are absolutely car crazy. We have everything from A (Alfa-Romeo's) to Z (Datsun 240's - 350's). We have one wingless TT Supra and one SC400 w/ TT wheels in the club (mine) and since I'm running this event I want to see some more Supras and Lexus' in the corral.

We did this last year for the Rolex race and space was not a problem. For the Vintage Grand Prix it will be absolutely packed with car clubs and a firm car count will be required.
- We have a limited number of spots in the car corral this year, you will need to reserve a space
- If you want to participate in the parade laps, you will need to have a reservation and be in the car corral before 10:30 Sunday morning (plan for at least a 15-20 minute traffic jam from the gate to the infield if you show up after 9:30 Sunday)

info from Mid-Ohio website
Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio
June 24-26, 2005

Take a trip through time and stir old memories (while gathering new ones) during the Vintage Grand Prix of Mid-Ohio. Vintage cars from around the world will compete on Mid-Ohio’s 2.4-mile, 15-turn racing surface while auto enthusiasts show off their classic machines off the track. This year’s event celebrates dual featured marques: Porsche and Austin-Healey. Visit with the numerous car clubs in attendance to share your enthusiasm for their classic machines.

http://www.midohio.com/events/vintagegrandprix.asp

Some pictures from last year:

Ready to get on the track

In the pit lane, ready to roll

Back in the car corral, popping a few cold ones getting ready for the start of the race

Last edited by jag_600; 05-26-05 at 04:30 AM.
Old 06-19-05, 06:45 PM
jag_600
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you get to the track look for ""Goodyear GT Redliners" corral in the infield.

The parade laps are still scheduled for Sunday. All drivers and passengers will need to be in the corral and at their cars at 10:30 a.m. to sign the waiver to go on track. Both drivers and passengers are required to sign the waiver. Adults will sign for any minors (17 and under). Drivers must be 18 or older.

Bring your coolers and folding chairs , you can sit pretty much anywhere you want around the track. I believe there is a video on the Mid-Ohio website that takes you around the track, and there is also a track map.

My name is Mike and I will be driving a red 95 SC400.

Last edited by jag_600; 06-20-05 at 07:58 PM.