Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Chicago Weekly Meet

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 09:39 PM
LX_Seven
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Chicago Weekly Meet

When: Every friday, starting at 10:30 PM, ending whenever the last person goes home

Where: Streets of Woodfield at Starbucks

Why: Why not? I'm sure im not the only one that needs something to do on fridays :P And to me, the once every two month meet isn't enough.

This meet isnt limited to IS300's. I'll be posting on IS300.net as well. Feel free to tell friends about this and have them come out.

It'll be like a mini car show every week, where we can check out each others rides, sit and have coffee while talking about whatever you have on your mind, and for those of you who have lead pedal fever, there is the highway (IL-53, tho as a precaution, street racing is illegal and dangerous, bla bla bla. Police *ARE* on that highway, so whatever you do is at your own risk).

Hope to see some of you out there!
Old 05-13-05, 10:05 PM
LX_Seven
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I was there for an hour before I turned back around and headed home. The meet was a partial success, here are the details:

Success: I saw a couple nice IS, SC, and LS's there

Failure: I couldnt find everyone that was roaming around in the croud. Where were you all?

For next weeks meet, here'll be the plan: Since there are so many people there on friday, meet up in the back of Glayan's parking lot, starbucks side. I'll have the hood open with an IS300.net / Club Lexus poster propping it up for easy identification. From there, we'll move as a group to starbucks or wherever in the mall we are goin so we dont get lost

For those of you that showed: I appreciate ya all showing up I saw at least 2 cars rolling around as I was lookin for everyone: one black IS with at least 3 people in it, and a blue one I would have shot some pictures, but I left the memory card for my camera back at home

Thanks again to everyone that did show, even tho the planning was a bit sloppy on my part. See you all next week!