Great Lakes For events in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Missouri, Minnesota, Ohio and Wisconsin.

Ohio members - interested in a crazy mountain drive Memorial Day weekend?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-05, 07:44 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts
Default Ohio members - interested in a crazy mountain drive Memorial Day weekend?

I've had this meet in the SE forum for some time now, but neglected to give it any airtime in the Great Lakes forum. Some GL states are in reasonable driving distance of this event, and I wanted to post it here because it is IMO one of the most special and challenging Lexus events we do on the east coast.

Check out the Dragon sticky post on CL in the SE forum (click here) or www.lexusdragon.com for information.

Many repeat attendees from .net drive all the way from OH, and I'm sure they'll be glad for you to join their caravan from several OH cities. Anybody else brave enough .

There is a multi-page thread on My.IS / IS300.net that has discussion about some of the Ohio cities members are coming from
http://www.is300.net/forums/showthre...6&page=1&pp=30

I know this can be a bit far for some other MW areas, but we'd be glad to have you!

--------------------------- pasting in original meet info --------------------------------
Memorial Day Weekend - May 27 - 29, 2005 come to the Fourth Annual "Lexus Taming the Dragon" Meet

See www.lexusdragon.com for more details on the meet. We normally have this meet in the fall, but shifted it to spring to avoid conflict with the big east coast Lexus meet in the DC area in August.

Deal's Gap is right on the NC/TN Border, big groups are coming from Atlanta and Charlotte (among others). This road (called "Tail of the Dragon") is amazing, with 318 curves in 11 miles.

Here's a small taste of the Dragon's Tail:
Right Click and Save As
-->; http://www.lilaw.info/images/Dragon/11-minute%20run.wmv

We have a website set up for more info on the meet that is being continually updated with details and sponsor information.

Check out www.lexusdragon.com for more information on the meet and to RSVP if you're going to come!
Old 05-11-05, 07:58 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

To figure out how long the drive is, mapquest to the meet hotel in Robbinsville, NC (in the Great Smoky Mountains, near Asheville, NC)

Robbinsville, NC 28771

link below might work

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/m...2s=nc&2z=28771