Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

Ebates?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-16, 02:24 PM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Ebates?

Is anyone using EBates?

I had never heard of this site before but it essentially acts as a cash back holding account for purchases on major websites.

So if for example you buy something on gap.com get X% credited to your Ebates account. The actual percentage varies by website. They then send you a check for the balance that has accumulated o your account.

https://www.ebates.com/r/JCGARC37?eeid=28187

Based on what I have researched it seems totally legit...and it includes 6% cash back at TireRack.com!

I started using it last week and so far my Ebates account has $48! Woot - great for the holiday shopping.

Last edited by Vervish; 12-12-16 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-12-16, 03:41 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

the wifey uses this all the time. I've seen like 5+ checks come in. the biggest one was for almost $30-we used ebates to buy a groupon for Wolf creek Lodge (indoor water park) in Anaheim. Great savings so far!
The following users liked this post:
Vervish (12-13-16)
Old 02-16-17, 12:40 PM
JKStylez
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Agree, my wife has received roughly 300+ dollars in checks. i keep it on my browser to it always signs in. I just share an account with my wife though. I see it just as free money... You can still use any discounts you were using before.... ie codes and gift cards..
Old 05-30-17, 05:48 PM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Def use Ebates...I've gotten well over $400 in the past 2 years...got a few big ticket items when the store had a special bonus...adds up quick..
Old 06-13-17, 09:05 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

X2

Plus for big ticket items you can order online at participating stores and pick up in person or delivery and get money back.

Originally Posted by nehal51086
Def use Ebates...I've gotten well over $400 in the past 2 years...got a few big ticket items when the store had a special bonus...adds up quick..
The following users liked this post:
jadu (06-13-17)
Old 06-13-17, 09:06 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
X2

Plus for big ticket items you can order online at participating stores and pick up in person or delivery and get money back.
good idea! I will give that a try
Old 06-14-17, 10:54 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

It even works for hotel bookings when I book via Hilton's hhonors.com website. I get money back for my travels. Too bad it doesn't work for AA.com though.

After you have the Ebates software installed and running in the background, whenever you go to a participating retailer's website, it will give you the option of claiming the reward cash back and it will state at what percentage. Becateful though, if you didn't order and left you computer to go do something else, it may time you out and will not record your order PROPERLY. So just to make sure when you come back to your computer you close all windows and open up again so the Ebates software will ask you again if you want to claim your rebate cash awards. If for some reason you did not get that order recorded for the cash rewards rebate, you can always send a request with the order receipt for credit (I did a few times. That's how I found out about the time out glitch).

I'm a sucker for these money back rewards. 😁😁😁😀😀👍👍👍

Originally Posted by jadu
good idea! I will give that a try