Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

FREE Sirius Satellite Radio System for whoever wants it :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-03, 03:20 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default FREE Sirius Satellite Radio System for whoever wants it :)

www.siriusbackstage.com has the details

So why am I telling everyone this? It cost $200+ to get the setup for my winter car (antenna, FM Modulator, and Sirius control box) but now you guys can get that part for free!! I've had Sirius since 1/7/03 and love it and would like to see the company succeed and they need more customer base to be profitable. Right now, Sirius has enough funding to stay in business until Q4 2004.

Thanks for looking guys!

BTW: No I don't work for Sirius or am getting anything out of this (other than hopefully many MANY years of Sirius Satellite Radio listening myself)
Old 05-09-03, 04:42 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here is a little more info on this. This is the second time they run this promotion. The thing is for real and you get your toys fast and in perfect working condition. The most important thing is that you will need an FM Modulator to hook it up. If you expect CD quality radio, forget it. In 90% of the cases the Modulator messes up the signal to the quality of conventional radio. You have to sign up for 1 year ($12.95 per month) and activation fee is $5. Audiovox unit shipped is free.
Old 05-09-03, 04:53 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default actually...

there's no year contract
It's implied a one year contract but u actually sign nothing.
You can cancel anytime. It's separate department. They don't know how you get the equipment when u call the billing dept. They just assumed u purchased it

And although it is not CD Quality, I found it much improved over regular FM quality WITH the FM Modulator.

Yes, you do have turn off the FM Modulator to listen to regular radio BUT I never listen to regular radio any more so what Do I care anyway ?
Old 05-09-03, 07:23 PM
BigghookUp
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so would you send the modulater to us if we want it for free? and then we will have to activate it on our own?

If thats the case then can i get it, email me at bigman29@attbi.com and i will send you my home address.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 05-09-03, 10:01 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default hey guys..

I have nothing to do with it.. just that I saw it while looking at the forums since I am a current Sirius subscriber...

You have to go to that website www.siriusbackstage.com to sign up. You have to activate service and can do month to month BEFORE they ship you the free equipment.. you don't just get equipment without becoming a sirius subscriber...LOL

Anyway.. it is NOT my deal... I have no affiliation with it....

I am just a happy Sirius customer who would like Sirius to be around for a long time so I can keep listening
Old 05-09-03, 11:30 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

Yeah, you have to call them yourself and order...I just did. Phone number is 800 4669742. The guy explained me how it works and the only catch is that you have to activate it during two (or so) weeks after you recieve the goods. If you don't then they will activate it for you and charge you $145 for the whole year in advance. You can pay monthly if you activate on time.

P.S. This is not ceboyd's deal...hes just passing some real good info and thanks for that!

edit: moving to Lobby

Last edited by retrodrive; 05-10-03 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-11-03, 08:50 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default cool

I didn't realize you could just call Sirius directly for the freebee deal
Old 05-12-03, 03:03 PM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been a happy Sirius subscriber for 1 year now and I highly recommend it to anyone who:
1) is tired of FM and obnoxious DJs who like to blab instead of play music
2) is tired of commercials instead of music
3) is tired of poor reception quality and frequency response
4) listens to music actively and not merely as background
5) travels by car over long distances.
It is a tremendous improvement over AM/FM. It is excellent quality, though not quite CD quality (more like good-MP3 quality). It is worth the monthly price, at least as much as any subscription service I know of or have ever had. Their customer service is also excellent. Their studios are superb, and there are music and programming choices available for everyone.

Now, hardware is another matter. The Audiovox unit is decent, but I haven't had the opportunity to check out its analog output section's quality. It does have one of the more informational displays, where you can see more than one thing at one time (channel, artist, track, etc.). The other manufacturer's units are very good, namely Clarion, Panasonic, and Kenwood. It is preferable to get a unit with a set of RCA outputs and not use the FM modulator (if you have a matching headunit, or the ability to inject another AUX input). This is what I did by buying the Clarion, taking great pains to preserve the integrity of the signal. If you cannot do this, FM modulator is OK, and the improvement over FM radio and the vast programming choices are worth it no matter what. One of the worst things about standard over-the-air FM reception is that you keep getting noise blasts and garbage every so often as you're driving, so that you have to make sure you have you're volume turned down enough. With satellite reception, this problem goes away, even with the FM modulator. If there's a temporary loss of signal, it's short, infrequent, and the receivers mute smoothly and nicely. So my opinion is that it's worth paying for any of the Sirius receiver/controllers (even if you don't opt for the free one). Yeah, I'd like to see the company succeed too - but my motive here is not just that - they have a good product. And I don't work for them either.
Old 05-13-03, 02:37 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Default ...and

I went with the Kenwood FM Modulator and have been very satisfied. I figured I could always attach the music keg later if I wanted
Old 05-13-03, 03:23 PM
retrodrive
Search Function Inc.

I am still waiting on my unit to arrive. How soon did you get it?
Old 05-13-03, 06:05 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Just order my free kit today. Quick question, will this system integrate with my Vlad's Video/Nav CD/DVD unit? I have the Pioneer FM Modulator w/ Vlad's Video/Nav unit. Will I be able to opporate this from my Navigation screen?

Last edited by cong28; 05-13-03 at 08:26 PM.
Old 05-13-03, 08:17 PM
ceboyd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by retrodrive
I am still waiting on my unit to arrive. How soon did you get it?

the sirius forums are on www.siriusbackstage.com and I think someone there could better answer your guys questions on installs and time to receive the stuff....

Promo ended on 5/15/03. no new orders being taken.. sorry to those who missed out...

Last edited by ceboyd; 05-16-03 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-19-03, 01:24 PM
cong28
Lead Lap

Can I paint the antenna? Will I loose reception if painted? Thanks
Old 05-20-03, 09:59 AM
engin_ear
Everything in Moderation

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You can paint the antenna with a NON-METALLIC paint ONLY. Metallic chips or coatings will defintiely screw up your reception.
I've painted mine, no problems. I had my painter double check for the Lexus white pearl paint - it has crystal fragments in it, not metal, so it was OK.
Note that you can't really paint the rubber bas of the antenna, or the strip that runs from the antenna to the window edge, but it still looks better painted.
Old 05-22-03, 01:38 AM
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: FREE Sirius Satellite Radio System for whoever wants it :)

Originally posted by ceboyd
www.siriusbackstage.com has the details

So why am I telling everyone this? It cost $200+ to get the setup for my winter car (antenna, FM Modulator, and Sirius control box) but now you guys can get that part for free!! I've had Sirius since 1/7/03 and love it and would like to see the company succeed and they need more customer base to be profitable. Right now, Sirius has enough funding to stay in business until Q4 2004.

Thanks for looking guys!

BTW: No I don't work for Sirius or am getting anything out of this (other than hopefully many MANY years of Sirius Satellite Radio listening myself)

Thanks for the info... i just registered with the site as none other than "007". I am awaiting a reply to make sure that the promotion is still going on .. i recently added Sirius to my Kenwood Excelon HU. But would do it again if i can get all the hardware for free. Perhaps in another car or for the house.

I'm very happy with Sirius and would suggest everyone to try it... especially if you can get an unbeatable deal like this. or even at a discount.

Quick Reply: FREE Sirius Satellite Radio System for whoever wants it :)