Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

Free Screen Protector for your Phone

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-10, 12:39 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My postage showed 8/27 too and I got mine today.

The screen protector is crap though. It's too sticky. I ordered 2 knowing I would mess the first one up while playing with it. The fit isn't good so I had to trim it a bit. The "clear" film got foggy right after I peeled it off its paper. When I applied it on the phone (even with spraying with Windex), the film is permanently damaged already.

Here's a description of what I mean. Imagine taking clear shipping tape. Take the tape and use it on something and peel it off. That's what my screen protector film is like. It's fugly and ruins the screens resolution. Ima try something else.

Didn't cost me much though... so can't really complain, but WOULD NOT recommend.
Old 08-31-10, 02:24 PM
sc400
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I thought so too. There are those freebies that are not worth the shipping fee to get. and be careful on which web site you give out your credit card info to.
Thanks for posting the info though.
Old 08-31-10, 02:57 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Initial G
Curious as to what it didn't fit properly. Were the screen protectors not cut to the exact size of your particular phone?
you need to use it with WATER for it to fit DECENT, once water is applied, move the screen protector around so it can fit then squeegee the remaining water under the screen protector out so its clean. Then give it a day for whatever water is behind the screen protector left to dry away. But the part that annoys me is that the screen protector is super sticky if you mess up, you're SOL cus particles WILL get stuck to the adhesive. The cut out were decent but not exact, this was for my old iphone 3G.
Old 08-31-10, 10:07 PM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Just put mine on. You guys are right. It's too sticky and I was so irritated that I only put on the front screen part. I didn't even bother with the other sections right now.
Old 09-02-10, 02:54 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I've gotten it successfully fitted on the front screen. Haven't tried all around the body as I don't think it'll fit well anyways.

I ended up getting it done on the 2nd set I ordered after I found out how to work with the product. I cut the sheet down a bit so it's actually smaller than my screen. I then sprayed my hands with Windex (or something equivalent) and sprayed the film with Windex completely. Then I layed the screen on the phone and used a credit card to squeeze out the water. There was still a lot of water. It still looked blurry and distorted at first, but once it dried in a few hours the white blurry spots disappeared.
Old 09-03-10, 01:12 AM
djduckii
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

soo i havent gotten mine yet and i ordered when it first got posted. lame...
Old 09-03-10, 07:21 AM
DonCorleone
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I wouldn't use windex, if it's anything like the other screen protectors I've used over the years; a drop or two of baby shampoo in water, mix then let sit till the bubbles go down. Wipe down well with microfiber and alcohol. Go to the bathroom, turn the shower on hot so the steam can help take the dust particles out of the air, turn off device, remove battery or lock, wash hands well, dip fingers in soap solution then grab the protector, remove backing and dip into soap solution, shake excess water off and apply to phone, you'll have some time to position it where you want it and use a cc to squeegee water out from the center to the edges, holding it in position or repositioning as necessary.
Old 09-04-10, 03:20 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i just got mine today. paperwork says i ordered on the 20th of august.
its nice quality. lets see how it fits on my iphone3gs
Old 09-06-10, 06:11 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

I got mine, and ended up throwing them out because of the sticky mess they were.
Old 09-06-10, 08:27 PM
aznaznazn
Driver

yea they arent that great. its way too sticky and gets ruined easily. i didnt try it with water or window though but too late i already threw it out :/

i used it on the back of the fone and that looks pretty decent. there are some small smudges but the phone looks glossy on the back. i do not recommend it for the screen though.
Old 09-06-10, 10:26 PM
AYEmike
Lexus Champion

man if any little lint piece or dust find its way to the adhesive side of your screen protector, call it a day and trash it.
Old 09-07-10, 06:17 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

u guys must suck at installing it. i installed mine with regular water. it works well. just wet it and slide it into position. on my iphone, i installed the front one too. it looked all crappy, but over a couple of days, the ugliness went away. now its super clear
Old 09-10-10, 10:32 PM
Superjatt
Lexus Test Driver

I still havent gotten mine YET!
Old 09-11-10, 03:42 AM
TheBean
Driver

Both of mines came today
Old 09-15-10, 10:59 AM
johnee78
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

I dont understand why people are bashing this product when your clearly putting it on wrong.. You are not supposed to use windex and you should not be handling these with dry hands..
DonCorleone is correct.. mix a drop or two of baby shampoo and filtered water and spray both the protector and phone.. I would recommend looking at a youtube video to get an idea on how to install a shield..I installed my front in just a matter of minutes and it went on perfect .. i will be ordering a set for my iphone4..

Quick Reply: Free Screen Protector for your Phone