Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

Thursday's woot - 1/17/08 - Roombas for $160!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08, 10:55 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thursday's woot - 1/17/08 - Roombas for $160!!

Just wanted to share with you all what seems to be a great deal on a Roomba automated vacuum. Not refurbished, these are brand new for $160!!

Haha. I haven't ever had a roomba but if any of you have ever been to my house, you know I need to vacuum so I went ahead and picked up 3. One for me, the gf, and one for my parent's house. We'll see how it goes...

Buy it here

Stats:

Features:

* Intellibin feature notifies you when the bin is full and the indicator light reminds you to empty the bin.
* The Roomba Scheduler cleans around your schedule, making it more autonomous than ever.
* Scheduling capability allows you to program your Roomba to clean at a preset time, up to 7 different times per week, all at your convenience.
* Scheduling remote allows for programming the cleaning of specific areas
* Scheduling virtual walls automatically turn on when you schedule your Roomba to clean.
* Active Dirt Response detects dirtier areas and automatically increases cleaning intensity
* Automatic stair avoidance system prevents falling down on stairs
* Automatic surface transitioning adjusts entire cleaning head for both carpet and hard floor
* Returns to charging Home Base when re-charging is necessary
* Edge-cleaning side brush grabs dirt and debris from walls and other hard-to-reach areas
* Low-profile design fits under beds, sofas, and other tight spots where conventional vacuums can’t reach
* On-board artificial intelligence navigate between walls and furniture legs and self-adjusts for carpet, tile, and wood floors.
* Multi-Surface Cleaning: hardwood, tile, linoleum, and low-to-medium pile carpet
* Max Mode: run the Roomba for the full charge of the battery to vacuum multiple rooms
* Spot Mode: intensely cleans one area of a room up to 3 feet in diameter
* Status Sensor: Roomba immediately detects when it’s stuck and initiates its careful escape routine

In the box:

* Roomba 4290 with Intellibin
* Scheduler Remote, Requires 2 AA Batteries (Not Included)
* 2 Virtual Walls, Requires 2 D Batteries (Not Included)
* Self-Charging Home Base
* AC Adapter
* Easy Clean Brush Tool
* Cleaning Tool
* Extra Filter
* Extra Main Brush
* Extra Flexible Brush
* Battery (NiMH)
* Owner’s Manual
Old 01-29-08, 05:33 PM
onepointon
Intermediate

Received 150 Likes on 49 Posts

Damn, I wish I would of seen this.

I cried a little inside when my roommate took his when he moved out. I have been looking to buy one ever since, I just dont want to pay retail.
Old 01-30-08, 04:05 AM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think amazon had some for $60 but they were older models and refurbished.

I got the packages in the mail on Saturday and so far my gf loves it since it cleaned up 3 rooms at her house w/o a hitch. my parents love theirs and they like seeing it roam around. and mine literally just got done cleaning up my downstairs.

Seriously dude, this thing is a god send for single guys. i haven't ever vacuumed this much until now. hahaa! watching it work is ridiculously interesting because every time i fire it up, i find myself watching it roam around and i keep thinking "go left! go left!" or something. hahaha.