Great Deals Share "great deals" that you have found online or in local stores.

DEAD: Free MS Office Ultimate 07, Vista 32/64 bit Ultimate ,etc.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-07, 10:11 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default DEAD: Free MS Office Ultimate 07, Vista 32/64 bit Ultimate ,etc.

If you join the Microsoft Feedback program for 90 days you will receive one of the above programs-full version- or have an option to choose other programs-free at the end.

What is the catch? Simple, you must take some surveys they send you (no more than 1 every 2 weeks) AND install software on your computer which sends information to MS about your computer activities. The last part is what gets people going, myself included so I highly recommend installing the software on a computer you rarely use. I installed it on my game/video editing computer as the rest is done on my laptop.

That is it. Not for everyone, but if you have a spare computer, here is a chance to get some legitimate MS software for free. No, not a scam. MS does this from time to time.

http://wfp.microsoft.com/
Old 12-12-07, 07:50 PM
UTGS400
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I signed up for this but did not read anything about receiving free software Maybe I just missed it.
Old 12-13-07, 08:35 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UTGS400
I signed up for this but did not read anything about receiving free software Maybe I just missed it.
Yep, the drop box for your selection was on the front page. Not sure what the default setting was.
Old 12-16-07, 08:05 AM
bwhsh8r
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont know... i started signing up and anything, and it doesnt mention anywhere free software......

im not going to install that spyware until i find the free software reference
Old 12-16-07, 09:35 AM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see it either =\
Old 12-16-07, 09:38 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

DEAD! Closed a few days ago after reaching their capacity.

Thank you for your inquiry about the Windows Feedback Program. Because of the high level of interest in the Program, we have compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions below. Additional FAQs can be viewed here.

If you still have questions, please don’t hesitate to email winpanel@microsoft.com and we will make every effort to get back to you.

Thank You,

The Windows Experience Team

Frequently Asked Questions:

What happened to the free product offer?

The offer for complimentary Microsoft products was removed from the program when the supply of gifts ran out on December 11, 2007 at 2 p.m. PT.

How do I know whether I made the deadline to qualify for the free product offer?

If you entered your shipping address on our Web site and selected a free product from the list, you have successfully entered the program. (Please also see How long will it take to receive my free product?)

I know it says that participation is currently limited to the U.S, but are there any plans to roll out WFP in other countries?

The purpose of the Windows Feedback Program (WFP) is to provide a stable panel of customers who are willing to engage in feedback activities with Microsoft. We are exploring options for expanding the program to include international participants.

When did this program kick off? I can find references to it back in early November, for instance. Was that its official debut?

Actually, the WFP is an ongoing feedback program that has been active for more than five years.

I can understand why a premium was given, but why is the program still active when there is no compensation to the user?

We still have customers sign up regularly, and they receive other incentives to participate. For example, when they are invited to take a survey, there is often a gift option or a sweepstakes associated with the invitation.

I started the free offer enrollment process before 2 p.m. PT but didn’t get to finish until the offer closed. Do I still receive a free software product?

All customers who entered their name and email address on the first enrollment page before the program closed at 2 p.m. PT on December 11, 2007 are eligible to receive the free offer. We review the timestamps in our system to select eligible customers, and these participants will be sent an email in January to get them up and running with the automated feedback tool, request that they pick their free product and provide us with a shipping address. If you believe you are eligible for the free gift, but have not received an email from us by January 31, 2008, please contact winpanel@microsoft.com.

I signed up to participate in the Program, but have not received any follow-up information. Am I participating?

If you have not heard anything from us recently, it may just mean we have not sent out a survey. If you are an automated feedback program participant, you will be notified in the event that we do not receive any data from your PC.

Once I’ve been confirmed as a participant eligible for the free product, how long will it take for me to receive my free software?

You will receive your free product after we have confirmed that you:

A) Entered a valid email and shipping address;

B) Fully completed the survey;

C) Downloaded and installed the test software on Windows Vista or Windows XP; and

D) Used the designated software for at least 3 months on a Windows Vista or Windows XP computer that is periodically connected to the internet.

Once we have confirmed your eligibility, your gift will be sent to you. If we detect that your computer does not send data, you will be notified via email.

What if I didn’t receive an email confirming my enrollment in the free product offer?

If you did not receive an email confirming your enrollment, and you are not able to continue with the registration process, please check your junk mail folder. In addition, you may also want to add these email addresses to your ‘safe’ contacts list:

· winpanel@microsoft.com

· winsurv@microsoft.com

If you follow the above steps and still do not receive a confirmation email, try registering again from the beginning: http://wfp.microsoft.com.

All customers who entered their name and email address on the first enrollment page before we closed the free product offer program at 2 p.m. PT on December 11, 2007 are eligible to receive their free product.

What if I didn’t receive an email to confirm my registration?

We do not send a separate email at the end of the registration process. The setup wizard of the automated feedback tool ends with a page that confirms your registration. You can also check whether it is installed properly on your PC by following these steps:

· Windows Vista Instructions:

o Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and features.
o See Microsoft Windows Feedback Panel 3.3 in the list.
o

· Windows XP Instructions:

o Click Start, click Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Change or Remove Programs.
o See Microsoft Windows Feedback Panel 3.3 in the list.

If we are not receiving data from your PC, you will be notified via email.

I received a message prompting me to contact winpanel@microsoft.com during installation of the automated feedback software. What does this mean?

After completing the survey and installing the software, you may receive a message that prompts you to enter your email address again. You may also receive a message that the email address didn't match the one on file with Microsoft. After entering it again, you will receive a notification to contact winpanel@microsoft.com. If you are sure you are using the correct email address, you may want to check your firewall application. Please make sure it is set to allow wfpuserreg.exe and wfpservice.exe access to the internet on outgoing TCP ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS). Both of these applications are located in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Feedback Panel". If that does not resolve the issue, please email us again at winpanel@microsoft.com with the subject line “email not recognized”.

How can I be removed from the program?

If you are already participating in the Windows Feedback Program and would like to be removed, please contact us at winpanel@microsoft.com including the phrase “remove” in the subject line. Please note that after requesting to be removed, you may still receive another invite before the removal process has been completed.

If you recently received an invite to join the program and you would prefer to no longer receive promotional offers or research emails from Microsoft, please visit the Microsoft Profile Center.

How can I uninstall the software?

· Windows Vista Instructions:

o Click Start, click Control Panel, click Programs, and then click Programs and features.
o Remove Microsoft Windows Feedback Panel 3.3.
o

· Windows XP Instructions:

o Click Start, click Control Panel, click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Change or Remove Programs.
o Remove Microsoft Windows Feedback Panel 3.3.

What if I’ve changed my e-mail address?

If you are already a member of the Windows Feedback Program, please submit your new email address to winpanel@microsoft.com and your contact information will be updated.