ID $65 Rives BFK American Flag Limestone Lithograph Jasper Johns Homage

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-14, 06:08 PM
newyorksc
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default $65 Rives BFK American Flag Limestone Lithograph Jasper Johns Homage

This listing is for a limestone lithograph #4/4 American Flag homage to Jasper Johns on 11.5"x14.5" Rives BFK Heavyweight 280gsm w/ black roll-up ink. The title of lithograph is "Not Shepard Fairey" but is not written on the lithograph. DOC 02/2014. Print is for sale by the artist (me). I can sign it with the title before sending it out if you prefer.

Background: I am a developing artist and hoping to recoup funds on prior prints so I can buy more materials to make more prints and continue developing as an artist. Good future prospects, could be worth more in the future once I am more established, or not. A good print for a good price nonetheless. The cost of the paper (100% acid-free rag cotton), roll-up ink, liquid tusche, and other materials to create this edition was well over $200. If you're interested, please do purchase it, as your funds will serve a good cause.

Of the four prints in circulation, #1/4 was given to a personal friend, #2/4 was given to my parents, #3/4 is being held for my art professor, and #4/4 is for sale here. #4/4 was the heaviest in terms of inking, providing awesome contrast against the Rives heavyweight paper. B&W contrast cannot fully be appreciated unless seen in person. Marsh hand-turn printing press was used for print.

I have one copy of the proof (AP, image 5, artist's proof) that was done before the run of the edition. Also, this is the first lithograph I've ever created, if that holds any significance. I would recommend mounting this behind glass w/ acid-free backing to preserve the quality of the lithograph.

Image 1: Talc + Rosin (Process Photo)
Image 2: 1st Etch (Process Photo)
Image 3: Roll-up before 2nd Etch (Process Photo)
Image 4: Artist's Proof (Process Photo)
Image 5: ACTUAL EDITION YOU ARE BIDDING ON (#4/4)
Attached Thumbnails  Rives BFK American Flag Limestone Lithograph Jasper Johns Homage-process_1.jpg    Rives BFK American Flag Limestone Lithograph Jasper Johns Homage-process_2.jpg    Rives BFK American Flag Limestone Lithograph Jasper Johns Homage-process_3.jpg    Rives BFK American Flag Limestone Lithograph Jasper Johns Homage-process_4.jpg    Rives BFK American Flag Limestone Lithograph Jasper Johns Homage-img_2822.jpg