Anyone hear about this thing......??

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-02, 10:18 PM
msray
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Anyone hear about this thing......??

I stumbled across this gas card deal and its working out for me VERY well. It only cost me $150 a year for membership and i save $56 a month on gas. All of us 8 cyclinder owners go through the gas quick. Why not save some cash for more mods!!!
Ive hooked up about 6 of my friends and now I get $25 in free gas like every other day. Seriously worth looking at. for more info check this link

Long time no talk...hows everyone doing. Ive got my eye on a 98 gs4. Im thinking about getting back into the club! My tahoe is TOO SLOW!!!

Mike

Last edited by genearch; 11-11-02 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-11-02, 10:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Can you say "pyramid scheme" boys and girls?
Old 11-11-02, 10:36 PM
msray
Pole Position

Except for one thing....

an illegal pyramid scheme sells nothing...you just send your money to the person on the top with the hopes that 5 others will send it to you. This is in no way shady trust me I spent 2 hours reading the fine print. These people are selling GAS cards for 20% discount. They can be used at ANY place that accepts Starr cards. Its an actual product which everyone uses. I gurantee almost everyone here uses $200 a month in gas. Ive got my card sitting in my wallet now. No scheme about it.

Mike

Last edited by msray; 11-11-02 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-11-02, 10:49 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Doesn't look like a pyramid, but it certainly is a multi-level marketing scheme. A quick GOOGLE search for GASUPUSA found this is the "latest thing for individuals who want to make some quick money". There are THOUSANDS of people trying to do exactly what Mike is doing here - sell these gasup memberships to anyone they can. The best way to alienate your friends and associates.

As such, this is - at best - a classified advertisement soliciting sales of memberships and I'm moving it to the general classifieds section of CL. My personal opinion of this - I wouldn't touch it with a 50 foot pole.

Mike, you are certainly welcome back on CL with or without a GS. This topic, however...

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-11-02 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-11-02, 10:54 PM
disc108
Lead Lap

DaveGS4,

holy *****... i stumbled across your website (dont remember how) about a week ago and i wondered who's website it was... it's funny that mike should link me to this thread and that i should click on your modifications link in your sig. it's no longer a small world; it's a small internet.
Old 11-11-02, 10:58 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

disc - how strange! Website is going to get an overhaul here soon... got some fun and useful stuff in mind.
Old 11-11-02, 11:07 PM
msray
Pole Position

Default wait a second....

Mutli level marketing whatever who cares...

bottom line is for $99 annual you get $200 worth of gas for $148. I just wanted to throw it out there....

somehow I doubt my friends and family will be alienated.

check out the website...and you be the judge. Its not even strickly gas. Its anything at the gas station.

Mike
Old 11-11-02, 11:40 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Default Re: wait a second....

Originally posted by msray
somehow I doubt my friends and family will be alienated.
You're probably right ... maybe that's why you're going online trying to solicit people who don't know you personally to sign up for this?

Originally posted by msray
Its not even strickly gas. Its anything at the gas station.
Oh wait Mike, you forgot to mention that to purchase 'anything at the gas station' one has to become an "Independent Representative" to the tune of $149.

Some other interesting facts...

Once you join, You've got to sign up at least one other sucker each month or you don't get anything.

"a distributor will not be eligible for bonuses or overrides unless he or she has made at least 1 sale per month to nonparticipant retail customer. Source Policies and Procedures

Looks like you have to buy a marketing kit and pay data processing fees too... ooops, guess the price just went up. Hope too many people don't click on your website without buying in, Mike.

"All distributors are required to purchase a sales kit at the time of submission of their distributor application to the Company. The sales kit is sold "at Company cost." This sum is not a service or franchise fee, but rather is strictly to offset costs incurred by the Company for educational and business materials required for an independent distributor of the Company. No product purchase by the distributor is required. Data processing fees, if any, will be deducted from commissions and bonuses."

Mike, looks like you might be dangerously close to violating the Gasupusa "no spam policy". The way you're supposed to sell this thing is to "displayed and sold in retail establishments where the nature of the business is to make appointments with customers (such as salons, doctors' offices, and health clubs where appointments are made for personal training or classes are scheduled) the sale of such products within such retail facilities must be conducted by a distributor and must be preceded by a discussion where the distributor introduces the prospect to the products and opportunity just as they would if they had met outside of the retail facility. "

Shouldn't you be hanging out at the hairdresser, dentist and gym to meet folks in person to sell your wares?

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-11-02 at 11:42 PM.