FS: 1998 Eclipse GSX...heavily modded

Old 11-30-04, 03:34 PM
Tranman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1998 Eclipse GSX...heavily modded

Selling my car...1998 Eclipse GSX, 103k, Black on Grey, looking for $15,500 OBO

GReddy Large FMIC, 50 Trim Hybrid Turbo, Ported Manifold, VP O2 Housing, HKS Carbon Ti Catback Exhaust, RRE Downpipe & Test Pipe, Speed Design 2.25" Upper I/C Pipes, HKS Super Sequential BOV, HKS 40mm Wastegate, KN Style Air Filter, Dejon Tool Intake Pipe

1G Head, Intake Manifold, Throttle Body, HKS Camshafts (264/272), HKS Camgears, Crower Stainless Steel Valves, ARP Head Studs, Mitsubishi Metal Headgasket

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator, 660cc Blitz Injectors,(Nippon Denso), Toyota Supra TT Fuel Pump

GReddy 60mm Boost Gauge, GReddy 60mm EGT Gauge, Autometer A/F Gauge, GReddy Turbo Timer , GReddy Profec-E, GReddy E-Manage, Jumptronix O2 Voltage

ACT Extreme Clutch (2600), Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, B&M Short Throw Shifter, Speed Design 4gear Spider Center Diff

Baer 4 Piston Pro Brake Kit, Goodridge SS Brake Lines, Koni Yellow Adjustables, Ground Control Coilovers (550F,325R), Ground Control F&R Upper Mounts, RM Racing Sway Bars F&R, Ingalls Camber Kit - Rear, 17" ADR HMC Black Kasai's, 225/45/ZR17 BFGoodrich KDW2's

GTS Taillight Covers with ECLIPSE, Raybrig R1000 TWIN foglights, Black Cat Custom White Faced Gauges, GReddy Polished Shift ****, Red Accented Interior Pieces, 17% Tinted windows all the way around.

Body and paint is in fair condition and there is some rust in the engine bay (been through about four winters). The wheels have some flaking paint...but the tires have only 2k miles on them. The brakes are new. The turbo has just been freshly rebuilt about 1k miles ago. The timing belt and balance shaft belt was just replaced 1k miles ago.

Car has run a best of 12.24 @ 112mph (1.709 60' time) on 21psi, pump gas, seat of the pants tuning (never been dyno tuned yet), and a chipped compressor blade turbo (which got rebuilt right after that run).

Here are some pictures - http://www.jtranman.com/eclipse

Call (216) 374-8287 or email me jtranman(at)jtranman.com
Old 12-06-04, 09:32 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

wow thats a very clean eclipse... may i ask what kind of numbers you putting down at the wheel? matter of fact thats the cleaniest eclipse i've seen... good luck on ur sale bro
Old 12-08-04, 09:06 AM
Tranman

....well, I had found a buyer for my car and tomorrow was to be my sending off. So I had the interior and exterior cleaned up for a proper send off. This morning, I decided to take some last pictures to remember the car by. And as I was taking pictures with the car looking so nice (it hasn't been the case the past couple of years...cleaning neglect), all these memories of working on the car just flooded in...and then I realized, I can't sell the car. I promised myself a long time ago that the only reason why I would ever sell the car was if I REALLY needed the money or if I wrecked the car....so I called the buyer up and told him that I had a change of heart....so for those of you who know me and were surprised I was selling my car...I bet you knew I would change my mind...anyways, here are some of the pics I took that changed my mind

So what's next for this car? I'm going to be taking the car to a body shop to get all the dings and rust taken care of as well as getting another stock bumper put on. And I'm thinking about getting a better FMIC...the GReddy one has taken alot of road debris abuse. So that closes this chapter of the story...I can't wait to see what the rest of the story holds for it
Old 12-08-04, 09:26 AM
Letsride

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts