Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Need Recommendation: Shop Needed For Mods : South Tampa/Tampa

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-14, 08:27 AM
thevcao
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need Recommendation: Shop Needed For Mods : South Tampa/Tampa

Hey guys, can anyone recommend a tuner shop to install some Tien coilovers on a 2010 IS250?

Toyed with the idea of doing it myself, but really don't have the tools/experience to trust myself to do seomthing like that. They are just sitting in my garage!

Thanks!

South Tampa/Tampa Location
Old 12-29-14, 12:54 PM
Beachtyme
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 29 Posts

Check with Lexus of TB. They will be working on my ISF here very soon and believe it or not, their rates are reasonable for a dealership.

They are wanting to do more performance related work and they understand that they have to be competitive with their labor rates.

Call and ask for the service manager, John, and let him know you heard about it at clublexus.com
Old 12-29-14, 08:44 PM
thevcao
Driver School Candidate

I'm reading it but not sure I believe it! Thanks for the tip!
Old 12-30-14, 06:40 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

Check out Amplified Autosports. I had them return my IS-F to stock before I traded it in. They do solid work and can perform pretty much any task. They did my coils, exhaust, mega arms and toe/camber correction kit. They built a custom fiberglass enclosure as well when I was doing shows with the car. I now have a RC-F and they will definitely be doing mods on it as well. I highly recommend you check them out. The owner is Danny and tell him Demetrius referred you.
Old 12-30-14, 11:12 AM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can def vouch for John at Lexus of Tampa Bay. His master tech installed my PPE headers back in July for $650. Gave me loaner car for the 2 days my car was at the dealership. He is def trying to do more performance orientated stuff there.
Old 01-02-15, 07:43 PM
PMIRO2
Intermediate

A buddy of mine owns Bold Performance. Mainly does MR2s and Evos, but installed coilovers on my old M45 and has worked on my LS. Let me know if you want his contact info. Reasonable prices and good work.

Last edited by PMIRO2; 01-02-15 at 07:46 PM.
Old 02-28-15, 09:37 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

If you are willing to drive a bit to LIthia/Bloomingdale, I take my car to an ASE Master Certified Mechanic that has been working on Lexus for over 10 yrs and does the work out of his house. Will cost you much cheaper for any type of work that you need to get done than any other place you'll take your car.

His name is Frank - 917-418-6824
Old 04-13-15, 10:55 AM
juicij36
Driver

thevcao, so, where'd you end up going?
Old 04-14-15, 02:34 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Lexus of Clearwater. Im a tech there. I did my coilovers a few weeks ago. I never get to do anything performance wise. It gets boring lol
Old 04-15-15, 08:32 AM
juicij36
Driver

Originally Posted by Othic
Lexus of Clearwater. Im a tech there. I did my coilovers a few weeks ago. I never get to do anything performance wise. It gets boring lol
I got my coilovers, headers, & everything else done @ Lex of Clearwater when Junior was working there.

'Ey, what's your 1st name? Are you on Eric's (Service Consultants) team?
Old 04-15-15, 02:53 PM
Othic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by juicij36
I got my coilovers, headers, & everything else done @ Lex of Clearwater when Junior was working there.

'Ey, what's your 1st name? Are you on Eric's (Service Consultants) team?
I remember your car in the shop. I've also seen it in several areas including my neighborhood in Suncoast Meadows. My name is Patrick. We've since changed the way work is distributed in the shop. Advisors no longer have teams. Its random who the work goes to now but I still get his repair orders.
Old 04-17-15, 07:50 AM
ddvette9
Pole Position

Go to Lexus of Tampa Bay and ask for John Waitekus. He will set you up with their master tech Paul and take great care of you. You are even allowed to bring in your own aftermarket parts from amazon, ebay, etc. and they will quote you a price for the install. They are trying to bring back business instead of it going to local performance shops.

I bought swift springs for my 3IS and had them installed there and it came out perfect so far. Even did an alignment right after install and re-checked it 2 weeks later after springs settled.

John is professional to the highest standard and is fast with calls and emails and treats you like royalty even letting you speak directly with the master tech to go over strategy of what you want done and how you want it done.

BTW, their hourly rate is just as cheap as performance shops and sometimes cheaper, not to mention you get a Lexus Master Tech and all the quality Lexus customer service (rental car, shuttle to work, nice waiting area, etc.).

No on else is going to touch my car in Tampa/St. Pete except for John and Paul. And almost forgot to mention Bill Gilkes as well who works in between Paul and John to get your paperwork done and works directly with you for all of the logistics of getting you in an out with a smile on your face. Bill is incredibly professional and nice as well and treats his customers like gold.

You can tell that John, Bill and Paul enjoy working together as a team to get aftermarket work done professionally and honestly.
Old 09-04-15, 05:47 PM
PMIRO2
Intermediate

I wanted to update this thread. I took ddvette9's advice and contacted John at Lexus of Tampa Bay to install 2010 side mirrors with the turn signals on my 2008 LS. He got me in-touch with their foreman Paul. Paul called me later that day and was quick to communicate with me via texts as he was doing research on the wiring. I dropped off on Wed this week and picked her back up Thursday afternoon. It sounded like it took longer than anticipated, but my original quote did not change. Everything came out great! I worked with a service manager other than John when I was there and inquired about a few other services I need done including coilovers. She did not seem to keen on getting involved with aftermarket parts. I will call John again to see if they are willing to try some new things.

Thanks again ddvette9
Old 09-17-15, 05:55 AM
ZoeZhe04
Rookie

This is what exactly I'm looking for.... Thanks for your posting.

I recently purchaed an F-Sport lowering springs and looking for a shop to install it. Went to Lexus of Clearwater yesterday for 30K miles service and asked them how much to install? Decided to wait and look if there is some other shop. Anyway, I'm not in a hurry to install unless I find a lower qoute. Any other shop out there? I'm from Clearwater area. Thanks!

Last edited by ZoeZhe04; 09-17-15 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-26-15, 07:13 AM
Othic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZoeZhe04
This is what exactly I'm looking for.... Thanks for your posting.

I recently purchaed an F-Sport lowering springs and looking for a shop to install it. Went to Lexus of Clearwater yesterday for 30K miles service and asked them how much to install? Decided to wait and look if there is some other shop. Anyway, I'm not in a hurry to install unless I find a lower qoute. Any other shop out there? I'm from Clearwater area. Thanks!
Did you go to Lexus of Clearwater to have your F sport brace installed a few months ago?

Quick Reply: Need Recommendation: Shop Needed For Mods : South Tampa/Tampa