Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

getting a pulse for next big get together

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-14, 05:58 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am from Tampa and I am all in. I have a meeting this weekend with my group so I will see who else is interested. Speaking of NOPI, I posted a suggestion of getting a group together to roll to NOPI on all the Lexus Facebook pages and have yet to receive feedback from anyone so I am not sure what is going on. It would be nice to get a Florida group on the road to roll to ATL.
Old 08-12-14, 10:19 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Thxs for the feedback,

folks I truly want to get a REAL pulse so I know how to approach resort with real numbers in order to procure the best group discount as possible , also need to arrange for jet ski company down there to give us group rate and extended use time and to make sure we have enough available for multiple uses also the larger the group booking a resort means I can get us onsite security stationed to guard our cars
Old 08-12-14, 10:29 AM
Lextrd016
Driver

Count me and Ashley in Ed she loves the keys and it's time for a nice get away in the IS lets do this!!!
Old 08-12-14, 12:14 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Glad to hear.

Come on guys lets do this. The drive down would be truly epic. The ability to leave our cars in a secure guarded location even better so we can freely move between duval st for drinking and the antics that follow and hang on the beach is awesome.

We can plan for jet ski racing , some tug of war competition on the beach and many other things. Depending on the expressed interest, ill contact homestead speedway for roll racing and ride alongs

any other suggestions are welcome
Old 08-12-14, 06:23 PM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm down. All I ask is try to set a date well in advance. Minimum 4 month heads up. Thanks
Old 08-13-14, 03:11 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by AtlasLS400
I'm down. All I ask is try to set a date well in advance. Minimum 4 month heads up. Thanks
glad to hear and will do .. im thinking sometime in december before the holidays or just after the holidays in january or would november be better for you guys
Old 08-13-14, 06:06 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

I think depending on the weather, we would want to stay away from December as people are preparing for the holidays. Maybe after the first of the year would be best. Just my opinion though. I am in either way.
Old 08-14-14, 03:55 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ds01lexus
I think depending on the weather, we would want to stay away from December as people are preparing for the holidays. Maybe after the first of the year would be best. Just my opinion though. I am in either way.

point taken ,, any more feedback .. Lrd , Wicked sc , whats up
Old 08-14-14, 09:14 AM
Lextrd016
Driver

Agreed ...January would be ideal the weather should be great and I'm sure everyone could request/put in vacation time for January of next year once a date is set
Old 08-15-14, 05:46 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lextrd016
Agreed ...January would be ideal the weather should be great and I'm sure everyone could request/put in vacation time for January of next year once a date is set
I like the sound of January !! . I will have vacation time available then...
Old 08-15-14, 06:08 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

so it sounds like january is what most feel is best
Old 08-17-14, 01:48 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

january sounds good
Old 08-17-14, 03:05 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

january works
Old 08-18-14, 09:06 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Okay folks received reply from rep from homestead speedway heres the message

Hey Ed Gruber how are you*today?

To rent our track from*9AM*to*5PM*on any available day the cost is $10,000 and it includes the rooms you would need, track services (tow truck), fire rescue, EMS and trash pickup.* We only do full day rentals because we get fire fighters and medical staff here and they only do full days.

The straightest part of our track is the front and back stretch which is about 1/8 of a mile or so.* That should work.

Let me know if this is going to work for you or if you need any more information, or if you would like to come down and take a look at our track.

-Rico

so with this being stated this cost can be divided over all participants from all racing and those who are doing the ride alongs. With just 50 confimed racers cost would be 166 per person. And with some who want to do ride alongs only if we get say 50 of those paying like 35 ish tben cost for racers would also go down.

Now if we truly want to do this even on the sunday , we would have the track from 9 to 5pm. so instead of going all the way to key west we could do Islamorada key like we did last time at the ssme resort. We could after checking in Saturday do a group drive to the 7 mile bridge for the video making.

Tell me what you guys think
Old 08-27-14, 05:40 PM
IndecentSC
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lexforlife
. We could after checking in Saturday do a group drive to the 7 mile bridge for the video making.

Tell me what you guys think
7 mile bridge is only a 2 lane bridge. Video making on the bridge is a suicide mission there buddy

Quick Reply: getting a pulse for next big get together