getting a pulse for next big get together

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-14, 05:58 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default getting a pulse for next big get together

good morning gents and gals

many over the last few weeks keep approaching me about doing another keys get away for club lexus

in 2009 we did a meet and greet which turned out to be one of the most enjoyable weekends away that we've ever had . The theme of the weekend getaway was just that " a getaway" as a club we drove to islamorada key and stayed at a resort that i had prearranged . in 2 days we were there we spent a total of 1 hrs looking at our cars , rest of time was spent absorbing the rum runners and pain in the a$$ drinks at the tiki bar , some members after a few felt it necessary to run the hallways in their underwear knocking on doors , lol .. we spent time renting jet ski's and racing them , spent time at a restaurant as a group of over 50+ engaging in a full out food fight .. in other words it was about the crew hanging out without the need to gawk at each others cars as we all know what a supra , sc , is and gs looks like ..

heres that ole thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/flo...and-greet.html

So this being said , before i put forth the time and energy to put something substantial together , i would like some feedback from those reading as to who truly would participate in this event ..

This time , those who have approached me stated they would want to do this all the down in key west .. the drive their with hopefully 75+ would be epic .. photo ops along the way would be breathtaking .. video making on the 7 mile bridge would be awesome especially if we put together and pay for a professional to film this .. filming could be done in horsepower class crossing the bridge wot .. theirs zero threat of police on the bridge , no where for them to park ..

once in the keys , i would prearrange a resort for us with on site 24 hr security like i did at holiday isles so no need to hang around your cars .. key west beach would provide for jet skiing again ,( john and roger , this is calling you , with your evil kinevil antics )volleyball , how about tug of war and many other things to do for wives , girlfriends .. this is a family affair ..hanging out down at duvel st ,( cars left back at resort under security care so no drunk driving ) going out to diner at prearranged spot , so driving their as a group is part of the fun ... sunday going to breakfast together as group then onward to something else ,, I work for Royal Caribbean cruise line so i might can get them involved in some capacity as key west is one of our ports of call ..maybe even create a raffle for a free cruise or something .

bottomline is , the fun of this type of event is to NOT make it about the cars but the people behind the cars .. also thinking i contacting homestead speedway and doing something there on sunday after breakfast on the way back for ridealongs and FRIENDLY roll racing ..

If yo guys are truly interested in this and truly want to get away from the run of the mill standing around parking lot thing , please chime in
Old 08-06-14, 08:15 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CALVIN KLEIN??? Said another appearance is possible but highly unlikely!!! ROFL

I WOULD DEFINITELY BE IN FOR THIS EVENT!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-14, 10:51 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

I am definitely interested as Key West is on my list of places to visit since I relocated to Florida due to being in the Military. I am currently located in Tampa and represent a group of about 18 Lexus owners as the President of a all Lexus group named Lexotic.

What timeframe are you looking to do it? I am pretty flexible to be able to get away from work, but everyone else will probably need some time to plan to be off. In addition to my group, I am pretty well networked in the Lexus community so I could put this out through some different channels to see who else is interested and has ideas.

Please feel free to PM me with questions and concerns. I am willing to help out in any way I can to make this a unforgettable and fun event.

Demetrius
Old 08-06-14, 10:54 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

man, im going to be there this weekend for lobsterfest

another reason down would be nice!
Old 08-06-14, 10:59 AM
Miami-SC
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm definitely interested! Just give a timeframe, thanks.
Old 08-06-14, 07:02 PM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I'm down for another Key West trip.
Old 08-07-14, 05:46 AM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never been to key west at all. I'd love to attend this event. Any ideas on a date?
Old 08-07-14, 01:51 PM
BigWiLL345
Driver

Id be up for this event. Just need to know when and how much.
Old 08-08-14, 03:16 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

thanks for chiming in fellas .. would like to see more people replying before i put forth the efforts

in terms of time frame , i was thinking sometime in january .. reason is virtually no threat of rain , next no worrries of ungodly hot weather .. usual temps down there during that time of year is about 80 deg as opposed to late spring closer to 90's ... Let me know what you guys think
Old 08-08-14, 07:07 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

I think that would be perfect. Count me in. I will table the idea with my group to see how many are interested in going as well.
Old 08-09-14, 01:52 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ds01lexus
I think that would be perfect. Count me in. I will table the idea with my group to see how many are interested in going as well.

thanks for the feedback .. i am thinking about reaching out to some other car clubs like the nissan comm with gtr's and 240's and do a nice cross club event to again bring another dimension ..

i need more input from the masses so we can plan this
Old 08-09-14, 05:39 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

im down for this let me know when
Old 08-11-14, 11:05 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I'd be interested in this....last Keys trip was epic!
Old 08-11-14, 02:01 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Glad I hear, 1 pain in the *** awaits you
Old 08-12-14, 04:32 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

come on florida , need more input .. whats up john , jerome ,dex (definitely want the supra comm in attendance etc .. this also includes orlando area peeps , tampa peeps.. dont be afraid of driving , i mean afterall that what we build these cars , is to drive them , not stare at them in the garage .. heck we used to make a run from florida to nopi nationals in atlanta on a whim

Quick Reply: getting a pulse for next big get together