Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

"Showdown in O-Town" III-2014 Discussion?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-14, 08:28 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Keep the discussion going!

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
ill be there with or without my LS i always have a backup lexus
Sounds good! Spread the word in the Tampa area for me please?

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Wringo,
I'd be down for option 1 but would need a grill or 2 (size of the grill cures all) as I would be driving the Supra but would love to cook for the CL crew again I enjoy it.
On another note is there E-85 convenient gas stations????
If your down, I'll make sure you have a nice one to cook on! I'll check on E-85 in the area or other members can chime in to help me out finding locations in the Orlando area?

Let's get the South Florida Crew to chime in on the thread and come support the event or leave their input? Thanks Roger!
Old 07-26-14, 09:51 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It all sounds good to me. However getting Saturdays off is hard for me, just started a new job... I will try to swing it thou. If not I'll see if any members want to head up on Sunday..
Old 07-26-14, 01:30 PM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
It all sounds good to me. However getting Saturdays off is hard for me, just started a new job... I will try to swing it thou. If not I'll see if any members want to head up on Sunday..
It would be nice to have the members from south Florida. Perhaps we can meet up Sunday morning and convoy to the V2 Lab Zombie meet!
Old 07-29-14, 07:25 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

wringo asked me to post a couple of ideas i have mentioned verbally to a couple of members who also liked the idea

first of all , wringo my hat is off to you for keeping the vigilance with clublexus of florida going , you da man sir .

now onto the idea and please if you dont think its a doable idea , their is a polite way of entering your thoughts..

my thoughts are to find a venue outside of orlando .. either on west coast in the brandenton , sarasota , naples area or on east coast in the vero beach area .. this will bring people out of their comfort zones and inspire more club collaboration with driving as groups to the venue .. I like the beach thoughts as theirs more for people to do outside of the parking lot thing and hanging around looking at each others cars that we see all the time .. the driving to the event to me is the main part of the event ..

now this being said in a effort to bring the clublexus of florida back to where it used to me , i would like to bring the boosted and non boosted members together by possibly doing something at a nearby track like either brandenton or palm beach international speedway or sebring in winter haven and do some ride alongs .. in other words their are many members who truly have never been in a turbo car much less something making in excess off 600 rwhp .. this would present a chance to see what different cars feel like with their different approaches to their builds. to be able to exp 400 rwhp then 500 then 600 ish , 700 ish all the way upto the likes of blk&bluj 1000+ beast of a supra .. in addition to the ride alongs at a track giving a 1/2 mile pull or close to it we could do some roll racing ( very friendly roll racing against each other or even invite say the nissan comm to do a joint club event ).. nothing is truly wrong with friendly competition as long as rules are set from the get go to make sure it stays friendly .

this is why i mentioned either coastline.. after the event at the track we head over to whichever resort we book out park up as group and hang , drink and leave the cars alone and for the sunday after the track we could be on the beach grilling , volleyball etc and away from the cars and just plain hanging out until its time to leave ..

mention this idea as when we did the islamorada meet back 3 yrs ago , could be 4 .. many have stated they had the best time compared to any other type of meet as the fun was driving their as a group .. when we arrived at the resort , we parked together and in the space of 2 days SPENT MAYBE 1HR with the cars and rest acting like fools. you guys who went do you remeber the drink called "the pain in the a$$".. we had a ball going to beach which was at the resort , the tikki bar , again at the resort and the jet skiing .. we were racing jet ski's between each other .. that was priceless ..so its not always about standing around looking at the cars but what the club is doing together

so to wringo , i again applaud your efforts but ask , would you guys truly mind if we could do this down in the keys as a alternative as many have approached me about going this time all the way down to key west as a group .. i know its abit of a drive but maybe we could find a way to make it beneficial for those coming from north ...or do this say in naples or vero beach ,

this idea will always present a very real opportunity to bring the familes as the wives and girlfriends can chill on the beach , kiddies can play on the beach so on and so forth .. having dinner together at a local establishment ( you guys remember the food fight at islamorada fish company rest . we had 52 people at one sitting in a private section of the rest and the food fight began , lol)

just thoughts throwing out there , please be nice on the replies

Last edited by lexforlife; 07-29-14 at 07:33 AM.
Old 07-30-14, 07:01 AM
jrm7885
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great idea, but I think we should plan this for another time. There are a lot of people coming into Orlando for the big meet on Sunday from both coasts. I feel that Wringo has put forth a lot of effort to plan this weekend. I think most people are looking forward to going to the large event on Sunday.
Old 07-31-14, 05:24 AM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree ^^^^. It sounds like a fun time, but maybe we could try and plan it for a later date? Our group here in Jacksonville was not able to make it to that BBQ/picnic a couple months ago in Miami because it was simply to far away and bad timing. We have been waiting for a CENTRALIZED located meet that we can easily get to. I'm not trying to sound too negative about your idea, but I don't think we should not change this meet to a south florida location. The keys would be around 5-6 hour drive for us coming from Jax. Orlando is only 2 hours, so that leaves us with more play money for the weekend. That's my opinion.
Old 07-31-14, 06:08 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

i totally agree with the distance factor .. my main point was to do something out of the norm... it could be vero beach area and doing the track thing at pbir as street racing made safe people already have a event that weekend at pbir on the sunday .. or it could be bradenton and do the rest of the meet at a beach near there which is outside orlando on the west coast ..

its wringos gig .. he asked that post up some ideas which is what i did .. just trying to suggest something different from what we do here in south florida on a whim
Old 07-31-14, 09:13 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Good Idea, Different Time?

Originally Posted by lexforlife
i totally agree with the distance factor .. my main point was to do something out of the norm... it could be vero beach area and doing the track thing at pbir as street racing made safe people already have a event that weekend at pbir on the sunday .. or it could be bradenton and do the rest of the meet at a beach near there which is outside orlando on the west coast ..

its wringos gig .. he asked that post up some ideas which is what i did .. just trying to suggest something different from what we do here in south florida on a whim
Ed first of all thanks for chiming in on the discussion. I think you have a great idea and either location would be a great trip for the masses, however a large meet like that needs proper time to plan in advance for members to travel and request time off from work? It was my effort to try and plan a event in the Orlando area while a major car event was already taking place and many from all over the state are participating? I was under the impression that South Florida and Orlando/Tampa area members would support each other's events accordingly like old times? To go to Bradenton or Key West when all car enthusiast are coming to Orlando wouldn't make sense? I would be willing to consider such a trip, with an advance notice and proper planning? I appreciate your efforts in trying to keep this CLFL movement going in the right direction. Rally up the South Florida Crew and let's make this event a memorable event like CLFL alway's do? If you can't attend, trust me we understand? No worries!

Last edited by Wringo; 07-31-14 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-31-14, 01:01 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Either way ill be there , just want us to do something out of the norm. Vero beach is outside orlando.

Wringo, please carry on. Just a thought on my part.
Old 08-03-14, 03:08 PM
LexFather

My October looks slammed and I'm already pissed I missed most of last years event.

I like Ed's thoughts and Wringo has been holding it down.

Old 08-03-14, 07:14 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

At this point, I'm down for what ever. Wringo, do what you do best and set this thing up. We will have a big group coming from Jax and will be ready to have some fun.
Old 08-04-14, 10:52 AM
kungpoof
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in! I'm new, but I'm in. What dates are we talking?
Old 08-04-14, 12:56 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default No worries!

Originally Posted by lexforlife
Either way ill be there , just want us to do something out of the norm. Vero beach is outside orlando.

Wringo, please carry on. Just a thought on my part.
Okay, thanks!

Originally Posted by LexFather
My October looks slammed and I'm already pissed I missed most of last years event.

I like Ed's thoughts and Wringo has been holding it down.
Thanks Mike! We hope to see you there?

Originally Posted by usoff89
At this point, I'm down for what ever. Wringo, do what you do best and set this thing up. We will have a big group coming from Jax and will be ready to have some fun.
Will do and thanks for chiming in on the thread! Are you guy's staying overnight in Orlando? I need a room count if possible?

Originally Posted by kungpoof
I'm in! I'm new, but I'm in. What dates are we talking?
It's all posted on the first page? Thanks!
Old 08-06-14, 01:18 AM
Sc0pe
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If the car is ready, then I am ready. I missed last year's due to a timing conflict, but this year seems to have the all-clear.
Old 08-06-14, 05:04 AM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

I know myself and one other will be staying the weekend. I'll get a room count for our group asap.

Quick Reply: "Showdown in O-Town" III-2014 Discussion?