Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

"Showdown in O-Town" III-2014 Discussion?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-14, 11:40 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default "Showdown in O-Town" III-2014 Discussion?

Okay, so based upon the responses we’ve received so far from those wanting to attend the Meet in Orlando on Oct.17-19, we will go forward with the planned itenaray?

(Friday-17th-Meet/Greet@ Hotel w/Hospitality Room)

The (Downtown Crowne Plaza Hotel), will be the designated spot for those members coming from out of town to stay on Friday-Sunday? Room rates are currently running $122.00 per night, unless we can get (10) members to commit to reserving and staying the weekend, then the rates would be$115.00 per night locked in at that price plus tax? There are no guarantees on price changes, if you don’t book it now or we don’t lock into the (10) rooms? Please book your rooms now at (roomkey.com), if you plan to come to this weekend event!! Keep in mind that this lot is enclosed with overnight security and your cars will be secure and safe. Orlando Members will host a hospitality room Friday Night as we did last year with food and beverages for those attending as a Meet/Greet spot? Due to members arriving at various times of the day, the Hospitality Room will be open from 6:00-Until?

(Saturday-18th-BBQ Meet/Cruise/Photo Shoot)

We will have a group BBQ on the grounds of the parking lot of (Ultimate Auto) business at no charge as long as we clean up the area afterwards? This is a (5) minute drive from the hotel we would all be staying? There are no seats or shade spots on the lot, so tents, chairs and coolers of your choice will be a must? Food will be depended upon members to bring burgers,hot dogs, wings etc. to be grilled by member Roger, with members helping out with tips for his grilling techniques?-Your skills are needed! I’ll provide a grille for cooking? We can stay as long as we like?

Photo Shoot@ U/A Parking LOT

A group photo shoot will take place throughout the day as we chill and have fun. The weather should be nice and cool in October, but bring your tents just in case.

(Saturday Night –“Night on the Town”- Club Ember Meet Spot?)

(10:30pm-2:00am)

Club Ember would be our Official Club Meet Spot on Saturday Night, for those wanting to Bar Hop Orlando Downtown Nightclubs! A complimentary shuttle van would be provided to those staying at the hotel with drop off and pick up services provided until 2:00am? (Terry-TeeLex, this came in handy, if you remember?) I’ll be the designated driver for the night!

Sunday-19th-Check Out of Hotel-We all attend the Big Mystery Meet Downtown-Site/Location for ClubLexus Members to park TBD? Members can break out throughout the day to head home when they choose?

Last edited by Wringo; 08-14-14 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-16-14, 12:42 PM
AznRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just curious but what is the big meet?
Old 07-16-14, 03:45 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wringo, I would be in for this event. It would be pretty cool to have part of the event at Titan like last year too. I was unable to stay the weekend last year but this year I will. I know I can have at least a handful of cars come down from Jax too.
Old 07-16-14, 04:41 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AznRacer
Just curious but what is the big meet?
It's a huge Meet of all Makes and models similar to Simply Clean Meets and just as big with Donks and tennis exchanges ,graffiti artist,etc.!

Originally Posted by usoff89
Wringo, I would be in for this event. It would be pretty cool to have part of the event at Titan like last year too. I was unable to stay the weekend last year but this year I will. I know I can have at least a handful of cars come down from Jax too.
Titan would be a possibility, but we could not pull it off with the other meet taking place the same weekend? We wouldn't get the support and can't fit it in based on the limited day's?

Keep the thoughts and comments coming!
Old 07-16-14, 09:00 PM
addienicho
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm this sounds like it could be fun. hopefully i will be able to attend. and like Mike said Jax people will probably make it down there. working on building a steady group up here... hope to meet you guys soon (:
Old 07-18-14, 12:44 PM
rangerdude
Driver School Candidate

I enjoyed the last
Old 07-18-14, 02:54 PM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will most definitely attend! And that awesome that is all going down the same time as the Zombie Meat on the 19th.
Also... for the car show, can there be a category for the older generation vehicles?
Old 07-21-14, 09:37 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Thread Update!!!

Originally Posted by Wringo
Greetings, CL Members! There has been an expressed interest in members wanting to attend another Showdown in O-Town III Meet in 2014, here in Orlando on October 17-19? Well, we have several things to consider for that weekend? There is a large meet taking place here in Orlando on Sunday 19th (The Big Meet)!! This is the same day we would have the Car Show at Lexus of Orlando? At the moment I have sent a request to Lexus of Orlando, to see if they would be willing to sponsor the event again, as well as switch the Car Show date from Sunday to Saturday? Keep in mind that they are open for business on Saturday’s which may cause a problem or interfere with business? I haven’t received a reply at this time? If they decided to support our plans and change the date, we would have the registration/hospitality room on Friday, Car Show/”Night on the Town” on Saturday and we would all attend the Big Meet in Downtown Orlando on Sunday as a group? The hotel would be the same as last year(Crowne Plaza Downtown), with enclosed gated parking and the rooms are currently running $115.00@night plus tax?

Give me your thoughts and let me know, if you are interested in attending this event? I’m open for suggestions? Thanks in advance?
Well, we received a response from Lexus of Orlando and they can’t sponsor the event again this year, due to a conflict in schedule? No worries, so here is my suggestion?

(Friday-17th-Meet/Greet@ Hotel w/Hospitality Room)

We can still make the hotel(Downtown Crowne Plaza), the designated spot for those members coming from out of town to stay on Friday-Sunday? Orlando Members will host a hospitality room Friday Night as we did last year with food and beverages for those attending as a Meet/Greet spot? Due to members arriving at various times of the day, the Hospitality Room will be open from 6:00-Until?

(Saturday-18th-BBQ Meet/Cruise/Photo Shoot)

(Please Choose One Option- #1 or #2)

(Option#1)
We have an option of using the parking lot of (Ultimate Auto) business at no charge as long as we clean up the area afterwards? This is a (5) minute drive from the hotel we would all be staying? There are no seats or shade spots on the lot, so tents, chairs and coolers of your choice will be a must? Food options for the BBQ would be a BBQ Truck Vendor serving a $8.00 plate of food with sides or we can bring in a grille and everybody chips in to bring food to cook on our own? Roger-Your skills are needed? We can stay as long as we like?

(Option#2)
We can rent a Pavilion at the park in Oviedo, which is approximately a (30) minute drive from the hotel we would be staying and is the same park we use for our other picnics? There is a cost with the rental of the Pavilion which would be $125.00 for (8) hrs from 8:00-4:00? The park does offer a grille, some shade and a Pavilion with benches and paved parking? We would need to be cleared out by 4:00? There are no alcoholic beverages allowed in the park?

(Group Cruise)

We can stay at U/A parking lot and arrange cars for photo shoot on their Graffiti Wall or we can drive to Downtown Disney Parking Lot for a Photo Shoot?

(Saturday Night –“Night on the Town”- Club Ember Meet Spot?)

(10:30pm-2:00am)

Club Ember would be our Official Club Meet Spot on Saturday Night, for those wanting to Bar Hop Orlando Downtown Nightclubs! A complimentary shuttle van would be provided to those staying at the hotel with drop off and pick up services provided until 2:00am? (Terry-TeeLex, this came in handy, if you remember?) I’ll be the designated driver for the night!

Sunday-19th-Check Out of Hotel-We all attend the Big Mystery Meet Downtown-Site/Location for ClubLexus Members to park TBD? Members can break out throughout the day to head home when they choose?

I need your input to make this a reality,so chime in and spread the word?

Last edited by Wringo; 07-21-14 at 11:09 AM.
Old 07-21-14, 10:17 AM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

I like the idea of just staying at UA for Sat. Maybe we could all chip In and rent a big tent for everybody to sit in the shade? Or everybody can bring small tents to setup on their own. UA sounds like it will be the best bet as far as freedom goes. lol. We can pretty much stay as long as we want and don't have to pay to be there.

All of the other plans sound pretty good to me. I do wonder if Titan would be willing to host us for a small meet in the morning on Sat before we go to do our BBQ. It would be a good opportunity to do a group cruise there and back.
Old 07-21-14, 11:13 AM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Default Titan is Possible?

Originally Posted by usoff89
I like the idea of just staying at UA for Sat. Maybe we could all chip In and rent a big tent for everybody to sit in the shade? Or everybody can bring small tents to setup on their own. UA sounds like it will be the best bet as far as freedom goes. lol. We can pretty much stay as long as we want and don't have to pay to be there.

All of the other plans sound pretty good to me. I do wonder if Titan would be willing to host us for a small meet in the morning on Sat before we go to do our BBQ. It would be a good opportunity to do a group cruise there and back.
Titan is possible, but we would need to check thier calender and get enough Dyno participants?

Keep the toughts and suggestions coming?
Old 07-21-14, 02:25 PM
AtlasLS400
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Option 1... i would like to have a cruise and have someone shooting video. Would it be possible to have those guys we had from last year shoot video?
Old 07-21-14, 02:58 PM
usoff89
Lexus Test Driver

If more people express interest in Titan, you can count me in for the dyno. I'd love to see where my car sits now compared to last time.

I'm going to try and get some CLFL stickers made to bring to the event.
Old 07-21-14, 03:56 PM
Ys88q7
Driver

Option #1 sounds good !! Definitely need some tents cause UA lot is hottttt!!! I'm down either way but UA is closer to downtown and the crownplaza!!
Old 07-24-14, 07:41 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ill be there with or without my LS i always have a backup lexus
Old 07-25-14, 07:23 AM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Wringo,
I'd be down for option 1 but would need a grill or 2 (size of the grill cures all) as I would be driving the Supra but would love to cook for the CL crew again I enjoy it.
On another note is there E-85 convenient gas stations????

Quick Reply: "Showdown in O-Town" III-2014 Discussion?