Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Tampa / St.Pete Monthly Meets!

Old 07-01-14, 04:20 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very cool...hopt to see you on July 13th.

Also u might want to PM "IS3Vietboi" as he comes to the meets from Sarasota and drives a very "clean" IS300.

Originally Posted by SRQwelder
I'm thinking of making the trip up from Sarasota if anyone wants to meet up and follow each other hit me up. I haven't been to a Lexus meet since I went to an IS300.net meet down in Miami years ago....lol I'll have to dig up those pics and scan them. Yes I said scan pics...that's how long ago it was. Lenny
Old 07-01-14, 08:46 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in contact with Anthony(IS3Vietboi) on Facebook. He is on my group message on Facebook. He plans on coming up.
Old 07-01-14, 10:10 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

I am from the east coast but i might be on the west coast in clearwater that weekend so perhaps i can make it
Old 07-02-14, 12:11 PM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
I am from the east coast but i might be on the west coast in clearwater that weekend so perhaps i can make it
Very cool...what do you drive?
Old 07-10-14, 03:34 PM
Mrd916
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an extra black pearl LEXUS emblem and a black pearl L emblem that I'm bringing to the meet. I have no use for them since I have the full black emblem kit on my car. I think they fit any IS car from 2008 up. I'm giving them away for free so the first person that wants them can have them. I will be in the white IS-F at the meet so just look for me.
Old 07-14-14, 08:30 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Our July 13th Meet was a lot of fun considering that it was pouring rain at 6:00pm...but the enthusiast still came out as we ended up with 21 cars in attendance...GREAT TURNOUT!!!

Here are some highlights from the event:

1) T-Shirt Raffle - ended up doing a raffle as everyone's cars got dirty from the rain so a contest was out...it was fun had by all and thanks to Lexus of Tampa Bay for donating the shirts

2) Matt's ISF with new PPE headers pleased everyone's enthusiast soul as he pulled away...man that thing sounded sweet!

3) Had three tough looking SC's show up...these guys are into it and really appreciated a place to Meet

3) Demetrius (Lexotic) showed up with the brand new ISS forged exhaust for the ISF...sounded and looked really good.

4) The IS crew was the largest as usual and there were a couple of really nice older IS300's in attendance

Thanks again for everyone coming out and see you on August 10th...

Last edited by MYISF; 07-15-14 at 09:22 AM.
Old 07-29-14, 05:49 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Please see the "first" post on this thread as the Monthly Meets have been canceled...
Old 07-30-14, 05:31 AM
99rx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

That is extremely upsetting... Did they give reasoning? Can we set up meets at another central location in Tampa?
Old 07-30-14, 06:15 AM
MYISF
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 99rx
That is extremely upsetting... Did they give reasoning? Can we set up meets at another central location in Tampa?
If you guys want to keep things going and come up with a time and spot to meet monthly let me know and I will try to attend and help out!

It has been great getting this started and I want to thank all of you and Lexus of Tampa Bay for providing a place for us to prove that there are Lexus enthusaist in the Tampa Bay area...now that they got us started can it continue??? It is up to you guys...

There are many things that played into this decision and it was basically mine to make but I am here to tell u that Lexus of Tampa Bay is dedicated to the enthusiast market and they are planning on something big in the fall when the RC debutes...however, the monthly meets were not working out for many reasons...sorry
Old 07-30-14, 08:15 AM
99rx
Instructor

Well I do know that the USFSP Car Club will be picking up this Fall semester and hopefully we can transfer some of the member that went to the Lexus of Tampa Bay meets to the USFSP meets.
Old 07-31-14, 10:53 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

99RX I am looking at starting up Lexotic Car meets again in September. I am working with my council for themes/ideas and some local businesses for a venue and sponsorship opportunities. We can work together on this if you would like. I believe it is a viable option to still do Lexus meets to keep the momentum and bring together more tnhusiasts until Tampa Lexus puts on their next event. What are your thoughts?
Old 08-01-14, 04:49 AM
99rx
Instructor

Originally Posted by ds01lexus
99RX I am looking at starting up Lexotic Car meets again in September. I am working with my council for themes/ideas and some local businesses for a venue and sponsorship opportunities. We can work together on this if you would like. I believe it is a viable option to still do Lexus meets to keep the momentum and bring together more tnhusiasts until Tampa Lexus puts on their next event. What are your thoughts?
I like the idea. I would love to pair up and get something put together. I know we have quite a few students at USFSP who drive a Lexus, so I'm sure with our monthly meets, I would be able to get them to come as well.
Old 08-01-14, 05:50 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

Sounds good brother. As soon as I get things organized, I will definitely post it on Club Lexus Florida for everyone to see. Hit me up sometime if you see me out and about. I am usually at most car events in the Tampa area.
Old 08-01-14, 06:47 AM
thevcao
Driver School Candidate

New to thread, re-bitten by mod-bug. Can anyone advise to a mod shop in town that would do a headlight housing blackout job?
Old 08-01-14, 07:30 AM
ds01lexus
Rookie

You are in the Tampa area correct? I know of one shop that can probably do it. I don't get a lot of my mods done in town. What are you driving?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tampa / St.Pete Monthly Meets!