Search this Thread

Old 10-10-13, 11:17 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Female Lexus Clubs?

Herrow

This might sound lame but bare with me.

This is my second time really reaching out and asking if there are any other females that are active in the ClubLexus community because I feel kinda lonely here. (I'm a girl too LOL, so I'm not trolling.)

I'm not sure where to find more information if there are any Female Lexus clubs within this community because I'd be interested in joining one.

I'm actually pretty nervous for the event because I haven't really met anyone outside the forums and I won't know anyone at all but I guess this will be my chance.

If there are any other fellow girls in the Central Florida area, speak up! It would be cool to meet you all and maybe we could hang out.

What I really want is just a place on here that I feel I actually fit into. Thanks.
Old 10-10-13, 12:09 PM
Wringo
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Wink No worries!!

Originally Posted by SPLiFFY
Herrow

This might sound lame but bare with me.

This is my second time really reaching out and asking if there are any other females that are active in the ClubLexus community because I feel kinda lonely here. (I'm a girl too LOL, so I'm not trolling.)

I'm not sure where to find more information if there are any Female Lexus clubs within this community because I'd be interested in joining one.

I'm actually pretty nervous for the event because I haven't really met anyone outside the forums and I won't know anyone at all but I guess this will be my chance.

If there are any other fellow girls in the Central Florida area, speak up! It would be cool to meet you all and maybe we could hang out.

What I really want is just a place on here that I feel I actually fit into. Thanks.
Spliffy, that's the whole purpose of this meet is to put screen names with faces and to make new friends! You landed on the right site, so come on out and let us meet you? All love and no hate! See ya soon!
Old 10-10-13, 09:04 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wringo is correct,

I have known Darryl now for almost 5 years!!! And its not just Darryl but Ray, multiple John's, Kris, Mike, and the list goes on and on. What I love about this community is how open to conversation everyone is with each other. No big egos here....just men and women who share a common interest....Lexus cars.

Believe me I was really young when first meeting with everyone and had no idea who was who.....but once you start talking to one person you start to talk to another and another....and eventually it starts to snowball.

This event we are having in Orlando is the perfect opportunity to spend several days getting to put names and faces to the cars you have seen on the forums for sometime. As a matter of fact....I may bring name tag stickers along with sharpies for everyone to sign if they so choose to wear so that everyone knows the names of everyone along with their forum username so that way it is easier to start a conversation.

I'm sure there will be a few female Lexus owners that come out and I hope you enjoy the festivities next weekend. It will be one of the greatest events we have ever had and I truly cannot wait to meet old friends and make new friends too.
Old 10-11-13, 10:00 AM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

she is talking about girls only... she knows that the club has mostly guys and is calling the girls out. she feels left out as it isnt the same experience for her as for us guys.
Old 10-11-13, 04:42 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Thank you so much Wringo. It's kind of you to make me feel welcome on this forum, as well as the rest of you I was hoping I'd get some luck with finding other girls in the Club but that's okay. I would have been very interested in starting a girl group within the community but finding them is the hard part! It's okay though, there is nothing wrong with you all

PRS, I am happy that it was easy for you to make so many new friends at these events. This will be my first Club Lexus event and there are actually 3 things going on for me that same weekend so I am really going to try and fit myself in there anywhere I can. I hope that I have the same luck with making friends as you did.

Don't get me wrong, I am a super friendly person and I don't mind meeting new people, but the age gap alone is going to be different for me as well as me being a girl haha. I will probably come to the registration on Friday, but I can't even go to Ember at night because I'm only 19. LOL. Ahhh well that's fine anyways.

I do look forward to seeing you all, and I think that the name tags would be a great idea. I was actually thinking about that this morning.

I'm gonna feel so weird going because my SC isn't half as good as you all but I know you all don't look at it as "Mine's better." That's one thing I enjoy about ClubLexus because I have been here for a while now and not once have I EVER seen someone say "Well my _____ is better than your _____." Everyone here is so helpful.

Fuzzie, you really hit the nail on the head there. What you said is exactly how I Feel. Once again I apologize for being so emotional about this, I just feel it's hard to fit in being that you all know so much more than I do. Thank you again though for making me feel a bit better about the situation. I need to make sure to meet you guys specifically at the event if you're going!

Old 10-11-13, 09:28 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Thank you so much Wringo. It's kind of you to make me feel welcome on this forum, as well as the rest of you I was hoping I'd get some luck with finding other girls in the Club but that's okay. I would have been very interested in starting a girl group within the community but finding them is the hard part! It's okay though, there is nothing wrong with you all

PRS, I am happy that it was easy for you to make so many new friends at these events. This will be my first Club Lexus event and there are actually 3 things going on for me that same weekend so I am really going to try and fit myself in there anywhere I can. I hope that I have the same luck with making friends as you did.

Don't get me wrong, I am a super friendly person and I don't mind meeting new people, but the age gap alone is going to be different for me as well as me being a girl haha. I will probably come to the registration on Friday, but I can't even go to Ember at night because I'm only 19. LOL. Ahhh well that's fine anyways.

I do look forward to seeing you all, and I think that the name tags would be a great idea. I was actually thinking about that this morning.

I'm gonna feel so weird going because my SC isn't half as good as you all but I know you all don't look at it as "Mine's better." That's one thing I enjoy about ClubLexus because I have been here for a while now and not once have I EVER seen someone say "Well my _____ is better than your _____." Everyone here is so helpful.

Fuzzie, you really hit the nail on the head there. What you said is exactly how I Feel. Once again I apologize for being so emotional about this, I just feel it's hard to fit in being that you all know so much more than I do. Thank you again though for making me feel a bit better about the situation. I need to make sure to meet you guys specifically at the event if you're going!

I understand what you mean about wanting to meet more female Lexus enthusiasts to relate to more. Unfortunately Out of the five years now I've been meeting fellow Lexus enthusiasts I would say at most I have met 4 women who owned a Lexus and was interested in talking about the cars. Mostly the significant others of fellow members will come out but are not as interested in talking about Lexus cars as the guys....haha. But that should still not deter you from going out there and mingling with everyone.

Definitely come out to the registration on Friday where you can meet a small group of members and then go from there. Everyone will point you to Darryl so you will definitely meet him and I myself will stop by on Friday to pick up my registration items as well but later in the night. Good thing is you have a large SC crew on your side who don't mind talking with others about their rides and hopefully give you ideas for yours. Also the age group in this group ranges from 20s on up so not as difficult to relate with everyone.

Looking forward to meeting you as well as the rest of the crew again
Old 10-12-13, 08:33 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
I understand what you mean about wanting to meet more female Lexus enthusiasts to relate to more. Unfortunately Out of the five years now I've been meeting fellow Lexus enthusiasts I would say at most I have met 4 women who owned a Lexus and was interested in talking about the cars. Mostly the significant others of fellow members will come out but are not as interested in talking about Lexus cars as the guys....haha. But that should still not deter you from going out there and mingling with everyone.
LOL. Yeah, when I go to the event I know I won't be hard to spot at all. And woah woah woah, let's not get carried away now. I know next to nothing about SCs or cars in general LOL. I do try to learn though. If I was a guy, I'd definitely be a mechanic to be honest (not being sexist, my dad would kill me haha). I love cars in the sense that you can take a stock vehicle and really make it your OWN. So although I can't put forth any experience when it comes to working on the car I do watch quite closely and try to learn bits and pieces. Like the other day I learned what retrofitting was.

Ok anyways back to the story, PRS thank you so much and i definitely will meet you when you come! Uhm.. I'm sorry but I don't know who Darryl is... I'm gonna assume that's Wringo. But just to let you know, I'm Sarah and nice to meet you. You are very kind to care. SEE YEW ALL THERE!
Old 10-12-13, 09:41 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

LOL. Yeah, when I go to the event I know I won't be hard to spot at all. And woah woah woah, let's not get carried away now. I know next to nothing about SCs or cars in general LOL. I do try to learn though. If I was a guy, I'd definitely be a mechanic to be honest (not being sexist, my dad would kill me haha). I love cars in the sense that you can take a stock vehicle and really make it your OWN. So although I can't put forth any experience when it comes to working on the car I do watch quite closely and try to learn bits and pieces. Like the other day I learned what retrofitting was.

Ok anyways back to the story, PRS thank you so much and i definitely will meet you when you come! Uhm.. I'm sorry but I don't know who Darryl is... I'm gonna assume that's Wringo. But just to let you know, I'm Sarah and nice to meet you. You are very kind to care. SEE YEW ALL THERE!
What I love about the car scene in general is you have people from all walks of life. From cops, to mechanics, to students, etc. So everyine has there knowlwdge on cars from high to low and somewhere in between but its great for everyone to conversate and continue to learn.

Haha...yea Darryl is Wringo and you will definitely meet with him throughout the weekend. One of the greatest guys I know. My name is Eric and I look forward to meeting you Sarah. I definitely care because I want to continue the growth of this great club and bring in the future generation of Lexus enthusiasts into the group. Definitely can't wait and look forward to seeing everyone soon.
Old 10-12-13, 10:50 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

That is so true. I appreciate you guys so much I'm not as worried about the event as I was before. This place is like a melting pot of knowledge and experience and I have yet to find a cruel person on here.

Wringo is super nice, I got to meet him through signing up for the event. Hello Eric, so nice to meet you. I also represent CL hard and I recommend anyone to the site any chance I get

OMG LOL. I just noticed you have an SC too. Sorry, that didn't click to me until I read your signature. Sir, your SC is gorgeous. I always find that white SCs look more crisp. I shall envy you! See you at the event ^_^

Thanks everyone
Old 10-13-13, 05:21 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

there's such a few female members that are active on the forum especially down here in FL, i know down here in Ft. Lauderdale we have about 4-6 that come to the meets (big and small) but they hardly ever log in the CL acct.
Old 10-14-13, 08:46 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Ahhh that clears it up. I should have known everyone is down south because Central Florida is too quiet That's good that you all have a decent turnout of girls in Ft. Lauderdale. I don't travel there often but if I had a reason I would. My next mission is to figure out if the Lexus girls there have a crew lol..