Job Interview Help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-13, 07:36 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Job Interview Help?

Hey CL of FL peeps!

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your whips just as much as I am haha. I figured this would be a good play to ask you all for help on an upcoming job interview i have this week.

I applied to work at a Lexus dealership as a service drive greeter. I'm a full time college student and this is my first job interview (kinda).

I had applied to work for Lexus last year and I got the interview but they didn't like my hours because I was in school. Now that it's summer I applied again plus they know me now and I fit their criteria. I got the first interview and it went well. I got the second interview now with the department manager. I'm nervous because I don't really know what to expect.

My question to you all is.. does anyone have any ideas on what I may be asked or any tips for my upcoming interview? Thanks so much for any help!

Haz a gewd night.
Old 05-27-13, 07:24 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Just be relaxed and when they ask you a question, just answer them to your best ability. Dont stress over an interview, its not like he's asking you the square root of something lol.
Old 05-28-13, 07:11 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just relax and be yourself. For that position you're required to be polite and dress properly, there won't be any tricky question.
Old 05-31-13, 11:59 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So how did the interview go?
Old 06-04-13, 03:13 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Hey Guys!

The interview went very quickly and quite well. The lady didn't ask me very many things but still I was nervous. Right now they are doing the background check and they will let me know the final yes or no with the director anytime now. I called yesterday but the loan department manager was off. I called today and she was at lunch and they said she'd call back but she didn't as of yet. All I am waiting for is the drug test and the official yes or no.

Thanks for the support everyone. I'll definitely let you all know when I get the final answer!
Old 06-04-13, 05:32 PM
B16da9
Racer

I can tell you that from performing interviews myself that they will most likely hire you pending the outcome of the background check as a company will not want to spend the resources doing that if they don't intend to offer you the position.
Old 06-05-13, 10:17 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Herrow!

Well thank you B16, I appreciate your feedback because you give me hope haha. Now for the update I called this morning and I asked them what the status was on the final yes or no. The Loan Department Manager had said that the background check went well and there was nothing to worry about there. She said that she is supposed to meet up with the director today and get the final yes or no. As soon as she gets the information she said she'd call me.

I was looking on the forum also and I had seen that there would be a 3 day Lexus event and the last day (Sunday) was going to be a tour of the Lexus of Orlando facility, which is the same one I am applying to. Would be cool to get the job and be able to say herrow to the rest of the crew

Have a good day everyone and thanks a lot. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Old 06-06-13, 07:10 AM
MrJohnE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SPLiFFY
Herrow!

Well thank you B16, I appreciate your feedback because you give me hope haha. Now for the update I called this morning and I asked them what the status was on the final yes or no. The Loan Department Manager had said that the background check went well and there was nothing to worry about there. She said that she is supposed to meet up with the director today and get the final yes or no. As soon as she gets the information she said she'd call me.

I was looking on the forum also and I had seen that there would be a 3 day Lexus event and the last day (Sunday) was going to be a tour of the Lexus of Orlando facility, which is the same one I am applying to. Would be cool to get the job and be able to say herrow to the rest of the crew

Have a good day everyone and thanks a lot. I will let you guys know how it goes.
Which position are you applying for? might be able to pull some strings for you?
Old 06-06-13, 07:31 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

I am applying for the Service Drive Greeter, and that would be great Do you also work at Lexus of Orlando? Would be cool to see other forum people working there As we speak, I am actually getting ready for my interview at 2pm today with the director So hopefully I will know if I got the job today!

I hope I made you all proud haha.
Old 06-06-13, 10:00 AM
B16da9
Racer

I am applying for the Service Drive Greeter, and that would be great Do you also work at Lexus of Orlando? Would be cool to see other forum people working there As we speak, I am actually getting ready for my interview at 2pm today with the director So hopefully I will know if I got the job today!

I hope I made you all proud haha.
Wish you the best of luck and hope you get the job.
Old 06-07-13, 07:42 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Soooooo? What happened? How did the interview go? Are you gonna drive my car when I visit the dealership?
Old 06-09-13, 06:34 PM
SPLiFFY
Driver

Herrow

Just a shout out to thank all of you for helping me out! And thanks Mr. John for being so nice!

Well.....

I have orientation tomorrow at 9:40 am!!! The interview was so scary talking to the director because i over thought all the questions. I don't even know why they even considered me haha, I guess they see that I really did want to work there seeing that it was my 2nd time applying. After the interview with the director and the warranty parts administrator I did the drug test and got the call for the orientation the very next day.

I will let you all know how the orientation goes. This is my first job and I'm scared but excited to see how this unravels. I just hope i adjust well to the tasks.

And Juanca, with a Lexus like yours, I might drive it and never come back haha.
Old 06-09-13, 08:22 PM
Temptation
Pole Position

And Juanca, with a Lexus like yours, I might drive it and never come back haha.

YOU'RE FIRED !!!

J/K -- I'm sure you were just kidding of what you said in the above statement, right ?
Old 06-10-13, 01:16 AM
SPLiFFY
Driver

LOL.

God I would be heartbroken if they hated me there.

And Temptation, of course I am. Why would I steal his when I have my own!
Old 06-10-13, 05:11 AM
B16da9
Racer

Congrats on the job, and good luck with the rest of your college education.

Quick Reply: Job Interview Help?