Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

clublexus of past

Old 09-08-12, 06:36 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default clublexus of past

okay south florida ,

who would like to setup a CLUB LEXUS OF SOUTH FLORIDA dinner/roundtable setting to truly discuss getting CLUBLEXUS back to its roots . i think the time has come to have a dinner somewhere and talk about issues and behavoirs that might have contributed to the separation /division /lack of engaged interest as we had 4+ years ago .

there was a time that clublexus was a force in the car show /meet scene whereas i used to read on other car forums if clublexus is attendance "those guys roll deeeeeep" . there was a time back then when there was a true brotherhood and mutual respect amongst all . there was a time when central florida (wringo and co. ) used to host BBQ and 30+ of us on a moments notice would ride up chill at old town (teelex , do you remember those days ) hang out at downtown universal and roll back same day . the picture taking back then was epic .

if im reaching here , please let me know and ill let it go , but many many old time members have been texting me from to time to time asking for the club to return to its roots..

I truly would like to have a sit down with as much club mmbers new and old and keep it a open forum ( we all have to wear our thick skins , myself especially , and flame suits) so we can air out all of our dirty laundry and get past it , make ammends for our deeds and move on and forward .

I really would like to see the club regroup , rethink and change direction back into what it once was ..

on a side note , lets not post up here issues and attempt to use this thread as alternative method to air out the laundry . lets reserve these actions for face to face sit down ( it will be a very controlled and respectful atmosphere), please ..i hope those that i see that are viewing this post would take a moment and think back and compare how things used to be and how things are today

i moved the ongoing list to the first page so new readers to the thread can see whos committed to making a difference

1.lexforlife
2.TheRyanGS
3.SH_JZZ30
4.Dew23
5.shaodome
6.fareez541
7.97SCBOY
8.wayne
9.dexlex2002
10.Vroomin350
11.//LRD
12,Anthony
13.TeeLex
14.Ice350
15.sc2.5
16.98$c300
17.Blacknot
18.japspec
19.BAD954BOI
20.IndecentSC
21.03SPDESIGN
22.lexusB3
23.SargeISF
24.M3ONJUICE
25.SuthrnGent
26.blk&blu*j
27.oztiks
28.bob4256
29.DINH300
30.GTS24V
31.dlsoul87
32.One_jZ_SC3
33.S14eva1

Last edited by lexforlife; 09-16-12 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-08-12, 06:41 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree and second this
Old 09-08-12, 07:25 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm down for anything.
Old 09-08-12, 07:33 AM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in let me know where and when
Old 09-08-12, 07:37 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

I think this is a good idea. There is a great amount of collective knowledge and experience amongst the many members here. Part of the reason we can "roll deep" because it is easy to build an SC in the SFL area given that knowledge/experience. Many of us are always willing to lend hands to help build better cars....and lets face it A 700whp SC is almost standard issue, which I find INSANE. These are fast and fun cars, but part of the fun is being able to enjoy them among friends and peers.

Granted, this isn't sesame street and people are entitled to their opinions and sometimes behind a keyboard it gets (hilariously) out of hand.

Provided I am in town, I'll be there for this....so don't do it next weekend or Oct 2-8

Maybe even this will motivate jon to fix his hoopty and I'll finally get to run Rudy?
Old 09-08-12, 07:38 AM
fareez541
Driver School Candidate

I am fairly new here but i would love to sit down and meet all the members original and new.
Old 09-08-12, 07:57 AM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

I'm down, this doesn't sound like a bad idea, everyone been on the low...
Old 09-08-12, 07:58 AM
wayne
Lexus Test Driver

I'm all for this. I also miss going to meets out of town. Used to be when someone said they were going to a meet they would actually go and not have excuses why there couldn't go anymore. Let's get back to the good old days where Clublexus used to be to be more of a brotherhood or family. This sit down should be fun. Let's 'git er dun'. :-)
Old 09-08-12, 08:26 AM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

i think this is good. Im down
Old 09-08-12, 08:38 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am relatively new to Clublexus but this isn't just here, it's life in general. In highschool I had some of the best times of my life, I can accept that I will probably not see most of those people again. However CLUBLEXUS is different. We all STILL love cars, and truthfully I dont think that will ever change. We put sweat, blood and money into these toys and I sure as hell know its not to let them sit in front of our houses.

Obviously I haven't been around long enough to know the indifferences that some members might have here with each other, but I could say one thing. YOU GUYS built what CLFL once was, only you could bring it back. All of us new comers look up to you guys. Let's not let some tough times get in the way of a legacy.
Old 09-08-12, 08:43 AM
DINH300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The other night I was thinking to myself "its time to move on sell the IS300 and let someone else enjoy it". I had a couple of Coronas in my system, with the thought of moving on and tears leaving. I have been in the scene for as long as I can remember. With out a heads up cruising up to orlando at 120+ MPH with 20+ cars with no care in mind of how many hole we put in the Ozone.

This sounds like a good idea.
Old 09-08-12, 09:07 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

appreciate the replies guys. please keep them coming but please the in depth thoughts, lets reserve for the sit down. I know deep down many if not most want to see the true brotherhood again.
Old 09-08-12, 09:46 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

I'm down for this. Usually around this time we're setting up a list for Virginia key already, so it would be nice for everyone to come out and have fun without tension to the next thing we do. Its all about the brotherhood.

Last edited by Anthony; 09-08-12 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-08-12, 09:54 AM
TeeLex
Lexus Champion

I'm in.....it's about time we get back to having a good time hanging together instead of trying to 'outdo' one another. Let's just enjoy our cars and each others passion about cars. Let me know when and where and I'll also try to round up some other Palm Beach members, although they might be complacent, may be too busy, now have a girlfriend, or worse yet 'they aren't going to anything John sets up... Will be good on that last one - we'll just blame it on Ed!
Old 09-08-12, 11:58 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm gonna blame it all on Rudy! lol....just funning around.

Count me in.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: clublexus of past