Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-12, 09:24 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft

Cant thank Lexforlife and Alpha from Induction Performance enough for putting together a beast of a car. Its been 6 long months of trials but she's finally done. Car made 715 effortlessly, Alpha said the current setup has close to 900whp locked in there so has PLENTY more but i told them to stop where it is, at least if i get bored i know there is almost another 200hp locked it there i can tap into.

specs:
Built gte 9:2 c/r cp/eagle/ built head with ferrea, BC 272 cams w/ shim-less buckets and a billet 6765 with supporting mods

RD makes full boost on pump gas around 4800 and around 4300 on E85 revving to 8k. She's running boost by speed and gear with NO wheel spin, thanks to Alpha to say the least, its a damn blast to drive!

Graph:

I'll post more vids once they upload:

I wont post pics until the car is officially out, she's heading for paint and kit to be fitted. Again, thanks to Lexforlife, Wayne and Alpha for a damn well done job. Its been a frustrating journey but its paid off and exceeded all our expectations.
Old 07-31-12, 09:54 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Looking forward to final pics... Ed and those guys know there stuff if you know what i mean..
Old 08-01-12, 05:49 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats, engine bay looks oh so nice
Old 08-01-12, 06:28 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

we were on our way to a easy 800 and clutch started to feel weird , so as to not snap the straps on this unknown rps blue pos and grenade his 5k v160 we stopped it there .. it made this power within a few pulls with ease .. lets put it this way , full pump gas tune and full e85 tune done within 2 hours of each other and about 45 minutes of that was spent getting the 93 oct out the tank... fuel was there for 800 easily as there was no sign of leaning out at all in fact base fuel pressure was set to 43psi ..

the car is wicked , when you can have all of 715 in 3/4/5/6 with zero wheel spin in 1st or 2nd into 3rd .. congrats to you andrew as you deserve the red dragon and deserve the credit for staying the course .. just wait till the pro efi and twin disk goes in
Old 08-01-12, 11:41 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

This is all I'll share for now.

Old 08-01-12, 12:35 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

VERY NICE!!! will the car be at towers on friday?
Old 08-01-12, 01:16 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Nope. Not until probably december

Last edited by trufanatic; 08-01-12 at 01:35 PM.
Old 08-01-12, 01:40 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

So after the 683whp pull i told alpha, ok we're going to stop at 700.. he didnt answer me and gave me a blank stare. I said 700 OK!? he was like yea, fine. There wont be anyone else that will ever tune this car.. because alpha is a damn genius, literally. This pull was the result of our brief conversation. to say the least everyone was cracking up at how cocky he was.

Alpha's own words "this car is one nasty b1tch". Dyno graph at the end of the video should say it all. Excuse my nerdy laugh but its nice to see alot of hard work and money pay off

Last edited by trufanatic; 08-01-12 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-01-12, 01:46 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

One more clean pull:
Old 08-02-12, 05:18 PM
3.0tSoarer
Rookie

Op, congrats on your build it looks great. I could imagine the joy now that it is done, I just am puzzled, with all that you have, high compression, built block, built head, cams, 6765, etc. your numbers seem low compared to other builds on the boards. And with being on e85 especially, I remember a bone stock 1j with cams only with the same turbo made 732 on 32 psi just to compare, not trying to kill the vibe but just showing that maybe your set up isn't efficient, one great builder lance once told me, it's not about what parts go into a build but it's having the right combination is what matters. So all that high compression talk is irrelevant I guess. Congrats again, I hope to see it out and not in the garage sitting, enjoy your car
Old 08-02-12, 07:55 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

I'll let Ed give you the long explanation.

But in short its not how much power you're making but how and when you make it. When he tells you how much timing I'm not running you'll understand. Pause the second video at the end, and if u can read a dyno graph well, tell me where I'm inefficient cause I'd happily fix it.
Old 08-02-12, 09:06 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by 3.0tSoarer
Op, congrats on your build it looks great. I could imagine the joy now that it is done, I just am puzzled, with all that you have, high compression, built block, built head, cams, 6765, etc. your numbers seem low compared to other builds on the boards. And with being on e85 especially, I remember a bone stock 1j with cams only with the same turbo made 732 on 32 psi just to compare, not trying to kill the vibe but just showing that maybe your set up isn't efficient, one great builder lance once told me, it's not about what parts go into a build but it's having the right combination is what matters. So all that high compression talk is irrelevant I guess. Congrats again, I hope to see it out and not in the garage sitting, enjoy your car
Just to set the record straight the 1jz ^^^^^^^^^^ your speaking of was on a c-16 tune and a s366 BW with a .88 open and stock block with 264 cams only no other work.
Old 08-03-12, 01:31 AM
japspec
Lexus Test Driver

Well i'm glad you got it running i remember the horror story you had from the previous shop. Your back now so thats all that matters congrats.
Old 08-03-12, 02:10 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 3.0tSoarer
thanks for the comps please re read the post , we were having clutch issues , that being said only a idiot would tune for peak performance when you have a suspect point of failure in the drivetrain.. timing was not much more then pump gas timing to keep things from shocking the driveline . .as stated before , it made a easy 715 on timing some tuners would use for a aggressive tune for pump gas .. owner made a small mistake on clutch choice despite my asking for a different direction , just chalk it up as a learning exp. when new clutch goes in and change of ecu , then the real intent and potential will shine thru.

btw , the motor is not really in my book considered high compression..9:2:1 to me is just higher then stock . when you start talking high compression to me thats like 9:5:1 and better.. he did 570 clean at barely 21 psi on pump gas with ultra conservative timing , i know of another sc that made just shy of that number at 23.3 psi at the standard 8:5:1 compression and has the same cams , so i would say OP above is running more efficiently
but thanks again for the comps

Last edited by lexforlife; 08-03-12 at 02:29 AM.
Old 08-03-12, 05:22 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

rule of thumb for compression is a 3% increase in torque for every full point of compression. That isn't all that much. Power is made in the head. You aren't going to gain a gobs power from high compression, what you will gain is response both in and out of boost.

What is BARELY 21psi? It is or isn't. LOL.

In my experience the 1j and the 2j tend to make similar power up top (within reason)...just the graphs are in different places as you have to spin the 1j farther to get to the same point.

715whp in 3rd gear of a 6spd and no spin? I take it the car has some sticky drags on it then otherwise that isn't happening

Digging the plenum Let me know when you want to go to mexico Congrats on sticking with it, now lets go have some fun

Quick Reply: RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft