Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-12, 01:15 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
I've been running an act 6 puck and it holds the power but it kinda sucks to drive it, very short engagement window and you gotta rev it up quite a bit to ease it out decently in 1st. I got a hold of a used ORC twin disc I plan to swap in soon, but have been trying to find a dealer that can get me new discs for it before I install it.

I'm very interested in feeling the difference going from a single to a multi. I've heard both good and bad about twin disc clutches.

What kind of multi-plate you going to try?
the rps should have held however it was bought used as it was not my choice so true condition and version of the bue plate was not known .. all we know is on the dyno it started to feel weird so no more games , twin disk it is
Old 08-05-12, 01:18 PM
QWIGLY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow super fast!
Old 08-05-12, 01:23 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
I've been running an act 6 puck and it holds the power but it kinda sucks to drive it, very short engagement window and you gotta rev it up quite a bit to ease it out decently in 1st. I got a hold of a used ORC twin disc I plan to swap in soon, but have been trying to find a dealer that can get me new discs for it before I install it.

I'm very interested in feeling the difference going from a single to a multi. I've heard both good and bad about twin disc clutches.

What kind of multi-plate you going to try?
dont have a clue yet. im waiting for the tuning god himself to give me the epiphany.
Old 08-05-12, 02:26 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk&blu*j
Wrong Wicked you only raced me than cause you find the 1J to be inferior to a 2J with basically the same power (14HP DIFFERENCE)!

And as Gomer Pyle would say for you USMC boys SUPRISE,SUPRISE,SUPRISE

NO DISRESPECT TO OUR MILITARY AND ALL THEY DO TO KEEP US CAPABLE OF SITTING HERE TODAY!
Roger, you're wrong and your statement lacks validity. The statement was posed that I only race when I know that I would win. Your Supra was making more hp than my car, and it didn't stop me from racing you. My beliefs about the 1J are irrelevant to Jordan's statement. So, to sum it up; the 1J was making as you say 14hp more than the 2J and the 2J came out triumphant unless there was another reason that the 2J ultimately won the race, maybe it was the driver skill advantage, who knows?
Old 08-05-12, 02:28 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by //LRD
I've beaten Mr. Wicked. But that was long long time ago. As a matter of fact so has Rudy, and that was even longer ago. I will still run the wicked one even thou I already know the outcome. Racing puts a smile on my face regardless the outcome. Of course the is bigger when I win or don't break anything in the process ..

CLFL have injected a ton of money in the south Florida performance market.. And continues to as long as we don't develop thin skin. Thick skin is a most to be a member in our community .. This goes out to some of new the members out there, that are spending the half hour to read thru this thread .

Keep keeping on CLFL ... Without this chit talking we all would be driving cars in the 400's
John, don't forget the Honda Civic that beat me too that started it all.
Old 08-05-12, 02:52 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by //LRD
CLFL have injected a ton of money in the south Florida performance market.. And continues to as long as we don't develop thin skin. Thick skin is a most to be a member in our community .. This goes out to some of new the members out there, that are spending the half hour to read thru this thread .

Keep keeping on CLFL ... Without this chit talking we all would be driving cars in the 400's
Just to give you FL boys some insight, take a look at the different regional forums on CL.
Fl has 42 people currently viewing our forum and the next closest is Southern CA with 14 viewing! We should be compensated for our forum since there's so much interest!!
CLFL is exciting !!!

NELOC (3 Viewing)
Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club NELOC Roll Call

Florida Lexus Club (42 Viewing)
The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts Chicago Lexus Club (3 Viewing)

Chicago Representin'(4 Viewing)
Local Events

Northern California Lexus Club (13 Viewing)
We are the Northern California Lexus Owners' Club.

CL of Southern California (14 Viewing)
For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

CL of Hawaii (8 Viewing)

North Texas Lexus Club (1 Viewing)
Club Lexus members from TX!
Old 08-05-12, 03:05 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

this thread is awesome!!!! I love it! im scared to put my numbers out when my cars done...i might get crusified! lol To the OP congrats on the car being done. I do admit that the when i saw your dyno numbers initially i thought it was a little low. However, having a slipping clutch and having the 6765 turbo with a small back housing your number are where they need to be. See you in december!
Old 08-05-12, 04:08 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Roger, you're wrong and your statement lacks validity. The statement was posed that I only race when I know that I would win. Your Supra was making more hp than my car, and it didn't stop me from racing you. My beliefs about the 1J are irrelevant to Jordan's statement. So, to sum it up; the 1J was making as you say 14hp more than the 2J and the 2J came out triumphant unless there was another reason that the 2J ultimately won the race, maybe it was the driver skill advantage, who knows?
You stated and i quote "no 1j will ever beat me" if you would like I'm sure i could get drewgo to post the video with the hand shake and your comment! So you lost 1 regardless of reason as did I case closed.
Old 08-05-12, 04:17 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

You stated and i quote "no 1j will ever beat me" if you would like I'm sure i could get drewgo to post the video with the hand shake and your comment! So you lost 1 regardless of reason as did I case closed.
You're right and still stand behind my statement that " A 1J will never beat me".

Definition of "Beat" - To defeat or subdue repeatedly!

Did that happen or you fluked a win when I spun? If you had beaten me when I came prepared with my drags on as you were running when you fluked your win, then I would have to retract my statement and say that I was wrong..However the next week proved my belief to be correct!

Anyway, we've already been there, Roger beat the Wicked one before and it's been his greatest accomplishment in his 15+ year racing career..
Old 08-05-12, 04:19 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dexlex2002
this thread is awesome!!!! I love it! im scared to put my numbers out when my cars done...i might get crusified! lol To the OP congrats on the car being done. I do admit that the when i saw your dyno numbers initially i thought it was a little low. However, having a slipping clutch and having the 6765 turbo with a small back housing your number are where they need to be. See you in december!
That's right Dex, anything less than a 1K hp for you is a failure!!!

As long as you have thick skin and don't take things personal then you'll be good..

Hurry up with that build already!
Old 08-05-12, 04:45 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

You're right and still stand behind my statement that " A 1J will never beat me".

Definition of "Beat" - To defeat or subdue repeatedly!

Did that happen or you fluked a win when I spun? If you had beaten me when I came prepared with my drags on as you were running when you fluked your win, then I would have to retract my statement and say that I was wrong..However the next week proved my belief to be correct!

Anyway, we've already been there, Roger beat the Wicked one before and it's been his greatest accomplishment in his 15+ year racing career..
So John and Rudy didn't beat you either cause it wasn't repeatedly.
You are correct it was my crowning glory to beat a legend in his own mind AKA Jerome .
Thank you for being so gracious and allowing me to see the elusive SC. LOL
Old 08-05-12, 05:05 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

So John and Rudy didn't beat you either cause it wasn't repeatedly.
You are correct it was my crowning glory to beat a legend in his own mind AKA Jerome .
Thank you for being so gracious and allowing me to see the elusive SC. LOL
Actually, Rudy did beat me repeatedly. See, the difference between you and I is that if I was to beat someone due to a technicality, but I knew that my car on no day could have beaten that car, then I wouldn't gloat about it. You sir, have made me the legend, since in every discussion regarding racing, that you have to bring up the fact that you beat me once.

You're welcome!
Old 08-05-12, 05:29 PM
blk&blu*j
Lexus Test Driver

And you will lose again and again repeatedly in your own words BEAT
Old 08-05-12, 05:45 PM
dexlex2002
Lead Lap

That's right Dex, anything less than a 1K hp for you is a failure!!!

As long as you have thick skin and don't take things personal then you'll be good..

Hurry up with that build already!
lol!!! we will see!
Old 08-05-12, 05:52 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

And you will lose again and again repeatedly in your own words BEAT
Yes sir! We will just have to see big boy! Remember, there's always someone faster than you out there, that's the rules of this game!

Quick Reply: RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft