Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-12, 11:03 PM
death666
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whaat drew is the one that owns the red dragaon cool ...nice build dude, its kevin kadian cuz let me know when you want to run it
Old 08-03-12, 11:13 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Congrats on the fact that your nightmare is finally over. I for one hate to see any members of this forum / "community" get put thru the ringer.. You have reached in your pockets one to many times for other peoples F UPS. . Be safe and come home to enjoy your car. I for one am truly happy for you..

2.Mark .... give me your work address I need to come by to pick up ,,, well you know want I need to pick up.. It's been to long already.. Go Heat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3.Jerome that's goes for you as well . Go Heat !!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.3.0saorer shut the **** up already man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

5.Ed I don't know what your point is.... seriously !!!!!!!!. Ever build is different ............. I made 540 RWHP, running 264 cams with a full GTE setup @ 19lbs . And that is thru an automatic , and oh yeah tuned by Jordan with a Mega squirt . I mean go figure .. Really go figure.. Stop flogging that dead horse.. That horse won't run on this section of CL. I know we're not SF .. We all know, what low / hi comp is all about. At the end of the day , It all boils down to preferences ..

6.Wayne really ??? you all let this dude 3.0 whatever get under all your skin. This thread was lost long ago when all parties involved started to pound their chest.. I call thread jack 2 pages ago..

7.I can't want to see the final unveiling. We should have a big BBQ at marble floor performance
Old 08-04-12, 04:27 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Ed i understand everything you're saying but why run 30 psi and make 715 ?when you can run 26 psi and make the 715 with 2/3 degrees of timing .so why run pump gas timing and 30 psi when he add couple more ** and make the same power at lower psi.
I thought the ideal was to make good power at lower psi?
Old 08-04-12, 05:22 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
Ed i understand everything you're saying but why run 30 psi and make 715 ?when you can run 26 psi and make the 715 with 2/3 degrees of timing .so why run pump gas timing and 30 psi when he add couple more ** and make the same power at lower psi.
I thought the ideal was to make good power at lower psi?
point made my good friend , however the amount timing to run is relative to octane used ... kinda like saying why run 19psi to make 600 at x timing , why not make 600 at 16 psi but run like 18 degrees of timing and affect when peak torque is made and how its made and now have a ticking time bomb ... from past history i've seen and dyno sheets i've seen , the best one can expect in terms of boost pressures and power level would be around 27-28 psi on that sized turbo and back housing , to be clearly into the 700's .no way on that compression can you make north of 700 at 26psi.on this sized turbo .. im sure once clutch is it will pickup hp either at same levels or maybe drop a pound or soonce timing gets alittle more agressive . exhaust restriction might be contributing to the outcome but i do know alpha tunes each setup according to what the motor is telling him and what he observes of the cars owner.

bottomline is the red dragon is breathing again , and the owner is happy ..btw no one here is chest pounding , just trying to help defend a good members right to shine on his day and not be rained on with picking his numbers apart

Last edited by lexforlife; 08-04-12 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-04-12, 05:46 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats man. It's always good to see more big boost SCs down here in Florida.
Old 08-04-12, 06:49 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

heres a interesting post on SF http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...&daysprune=100

it appears that average expected output is low 700's to mid dependant on timing an d running around 28-32 lbs of boost again dependant on health of motor and overall setup..seems the only real diff between the setups is on SF hes running a full 4inch exh system ..just still trying to understand why 715 on a 6765 at 30psi seems low compared to what..

jerome did 750 approx at almost 26 psi however 76mm compressor and 75mm hotside wheel with .96 a/r great outcome but much much larger setup

jordan did 762 @33psi on e-85

all fabulous results but still scratching my head why 3.0soarer claims such low numbers on this guys setup

and on behalf of OP , thx shameed . im sure he appreciates the kind words

Last edited by lexforlife; 08-04-12 at 07:05 AM.
Old 08-04-12, 08:04 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Now tell the body shop to hurry up and finish that car!
Old 08-04-12, 10:02 AM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. If its ok with everyone i'd like to make 3.0t the first person on my call out list.

2. Can't we all just get along?

3. I'm happy with my car but even happier with the achievements and goals that it met.

- full boost by 4300 rpms, would have liked to see if lower but gas mixture wasnt pure e85 so timing ISNT there
- almost 4 thousand rpms of usable power with absolutely no drop off near red line
- Traction advantage because of how car was tuned.

The most i was expecting out of this post was a congrats, whats with all the negativity? and to me it was never about HP but how and when the car delivers it. Why have 700-800+ whp when you cant put it down and dont make boost till 5k+ rpms or revving to only 7200rpms which seems to be the norm in our game. Every setup runs and produces differently and point is, im happy with mine.

Last edited by trufanatic; 08-04-12 at 10:11 AM.
Old 08-04-12, 11:01 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Let me interject if I may...

OP and supporting team, you guys keep stating that you're happy with your build and the way that it came out, however it seems that you guys keep defending the build or giving excuses/reasons based on 3.0tsoarer comments. I'm sure if you guys ignore his comments regarding the build that he would just stop posting as well.

OP, all that matters is that you're happy with your build and nothing else...

It was amusing while it lasted though! You got to love the FL forum!

Next thread!!
Old 08-04-12, 11:57 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Talk about tangents.....LOL.

Ed & Qucik, another major point you guys missed is compressor efficiency. You want the turbo to run at boost levels it is most efficient at. Take the s366 for example. While you could run around at 15psi all day, it doesn't wake up till higher boost. The 6765 is a tried and true turbo and I'm sure alpha has tuned probably 100 different 2J running it. He knows where it needs to be.

Its awesome that the OP stuck with the project and put together what is become a standard issue "South Florida Edition" SC 300. What happened to 500whp cars being the fast ones?

I'm looking forward to seeing this car on the streets. When it happens, I'll have my drags, you can keep your boost by speed. While I run an AVCr with boost by gear, I'm a big fan of a proper tire/suspension over the traction control band-aids. A 13.5 @ 135 is straight up embarrassing.

Any plans to run this car at the track?
Old 08-04-12, 01:10 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shaodome
Talk about tangents.....LOL.

Ed & Qucik, another major point you guys missed is compressor efficiency. You want the turbo to run at boost levels it is most efficient at. Take the s366 for example. While you could run around at 15psi all day, it doesn't wake up till higher boost. The 6765 is a tried and true turbo and I'm sure alpha has tuned probably 100 different 2J running it. He knows where it needs to be.

Its awesome that the OP stuck with the project and put together what is become a standard issue "South Florida Edition" SC 300. What happened to 500whp cars being the fast ones?

I'm looking forward to seeing this car on the streets. When it happens, I'll have my drags, you can keep your boost by speed. While I run an AVCr with boost by gear, I'm a big fan of a proper tire/suspension over the traction control band-aids. A 13.5 @ 135 is straight up embarrassing.

Any plans to run this car at the track?
nope, purely a street car.
Old 08-04-12, 02:18 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Wow! It took only one post to awake the Florida forum!

I want to meet this 3.0tSoarer guy!!
For what is not like you are going to run him ? Mr 9000000++whp and dont want to run no one.

Nice build Ed !

OP when you come back from that **** hole called the "sand box" ( been there done that ) bring it out to Mexico , its always fun to have a bunch of 700+ hp cars ripping it up and causing hear breaks to all the kids out on the road. And yes make sure you listen to Alpha , because spinning aint winning LOL ( inside joke ) Bring your dancing shoes when we are out, because traction control is a crutch for spinning tires in my book, but its cool to have !
Old 08-04-12, 02:38 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by M3ONJUICE
For what is not like you are going to run him ? Mr 9000000++whp and dont want to run no one
I love it! Maybe It's because I only race fast cars...
Old 08-04-12, 02:45 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
I love it! Maybe It's because I only race fast cars...
LOL
can you post a vid or sometnhing of the last "fast" car you ran

Your car is one of the most beautiful SC300 Titan has built , yet it doesn't go anywhere .

lmk when you want to go down the track since you are scared of the street .

sorry for the thread hijack !
Old 08-04-12, 03:29 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by M3ONJUICE
LOL
can you post a vid or sometnhing of the last "fast" car you ran

Your car is one of the most beautiful SC300 Titan has built , yet it doesn't go anywhere .

lmk when you want to go down the track since you are scared of the street .

sorry for the thread hijack !
First. just to correct your invalid statement; My SC is the most beautiful SC300 ever built, that's just my opinion!

Second, it goes where I want it to go; so it does go somewhere.

Third, obviously it's doing the right thing since you have such a hard on for it.

Also, because you have some youtube videos, you think that makes your car fast, you're a funny guy!

Listen, in life you have choices; either you can wait until I get my new wheel set up and then you'll get what you've been asking for or you can continue to salivate.

You let me know!

Quick Reply: RD is finally done. 715whp 600lb ft