Mario's Dyno vid from yesterday at STP

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-11, 10:05 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mario's Dyno vid from yesterday at STP

Car made some great numbers yesterday.

Mario, you've built a really solid setup there. Enjoy it and lets see it run down the track when you get back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdLI1Hap0xA
Old 09-21-11, 10:14 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey was your Supra built by A.T.I. . Congrats man the car sounds WICKED..lol
Old 09-21-11, 11:36 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your numbers man! I'm sure it feels good to know that you built your Supra and it's accomplished some good numbers! Way to go man!

I could of sworn you stated that you were making as much as I did but the dyno reflects different?

With your numbers you're going to need a lot more than dancing shoes, damn you might need to add a bottle in the trunk! I heard you're leaving town for awhile, when do you return so I could put it on my calendar so we could have that dance when you return?
Old 09-21-11, 11:45 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

750whp vs 800whp
Supra vs SC
Fat vs Fatter (speaking of the car weight)

You guys are going to be dancing hip to hip....LOL. The bottle shouldn't be required to keep it competitive.
Old 09-21-11, 11:51 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shaodome
750whp vs 800whp
Supra vs SC
Fat vs Fatter (speaking of the car weight)

You guys are going to be dancing hip to hip....LOL. The bottle shouldn't be required to keep it competitive.
Last time I checked, both the SC and the Supra were fat alike so 750rwhp vs 8XXrwhp might not be that competitive! I guess we'll just have to see!
Old 09-21-11, 12:14 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

You are correct....I was thinking of the non turbo supra weight which is 3200, the turbo comes in at 3400 vs the SC at 3500.

So still 100lbs there, which is still a measurable amount....since when are you going for 8XX I thought it was just 800...ha, You are really pushing that stock bottom end, badass man.

Mario's car has more in it to, we just chose to stop there.
Old 09-21-11, 12:22 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

You are correct....I was thinking of the non turbo supra weight which is 3200, the turbo comes in at 3400 vs the SC at 3500.

So still 100lbs there, which is still a measurable amount....since when are you going for 8XX I thought it was just 800...ha, You are really pushing that stock bottom end, badass man.

Mario's car has more in it to, we just chose to stop there.
That's why the extra rwhp would eliminate any weight advantages to the Supra..

I think you should know that you can't say that you're shooting for 800rwhp on the dot, the goal is 8XX rwhp which could be anywhere between 800rwhp and 850rwhp so we'll see what we end up at. Every car has more in it and everyone chooses where they wish to stop at so no excuses!

Run what you brung and why am I having this debate with you Mr. Jordantune! You're a quarter mile racer so we're not in the same ballpark so let the owner of the Supra defend himself. He doesn't need a cheerleader sir!

Last edited by Wicked SC; 09-22-11 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-21-11, 12:55 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

tsk tsk....I'm nobody's cheerleader, you should know better....as I would be the first to say run what you brung. No excuses for sure. Just because we are having a discussion and somebody's car was mentioned doesn't automatically mean we are "defending" something....read into it how you wish, we are on the internet and this is clearly serious business.

I brought up the 800whp because that is a number than you and I have personally discussed a few times over the last year or so in casual real life conversation. Whatever you make in your setup, good deal...it'll just be nice to see it back on the streets again in So.Fla. whether its making 500hp or 9,000hp. It's your investment and your toy....have some fun with it already!

By more "in it" I was just stating the facts, the turbo was still incredibly efficient at that boost level coming it at 20hp per PSI, which is similar to what we saw with the 1j at that boost level on the S366. Could it have been pushed harder, yes, but it is very good information for those considering using this turbo.

A fast 1/4 car, can be a dangerously fast street car to. I personally just don't like running deep into the triple digit speeds some of you guys on the streets.....would love to run at one of the mile events though....where there are no ditches to slide into and no fhp.
Old 09-21-11, 01:01 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Thanks Jordan for getting my car set up i hope this proves to everyone that didn't already know that the MS3 is a great system .Wicked your car is parked in a warehouse somewhere in O-town , so there aint much to defend here, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO RACE TODAY . Do you think it will be done in 5 moths ? if not its cool man ill wait. At least you will have some seat time on that 8xxxxxxxxxxx whp car im sure it will be a handful for a 13 second racer like yourself.

Till then ill keep you guys posted from the sand box in Iraq ill see you guys in 5 months take care.
Old 09-21-11, 01:34 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by M3ONJUICE
Thanks Jordan for getting my car set up i hope this proves to everyone that didn't already know that the MS3 is a great system .Wicked your car is parked in a warehouse somewhere in O-town , so there aint much to defend here, YOU HAVE NOTHING TO RACE TODAY . Do you think it will be done in 5 moths ? if not its cool man ill wait. At least you will have some seat time on that 8xxxxxxxxxxx whp car im sure it will be a handful for a 13 second racer like yourself.

Till then ill keep you guys posted from the sand box in Iraq ill see you guys in 5 months take care.

When do you leave out? This dance could happen sooner than you think.
If not, be safe over there man, I commend you!
Old 09-21-11, 01:37 PM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

tsk tsk....I'm nobody's cheerleader, you should know better....as I would be the first to say run what you brung. No excuses for sure. Just because we are having a discussion and somebody's car was mentioned doesn't automatically mean we are "defending" something....read into it how you wish, we are on the internet and this is clearly serious business.

I brought up the 800whp because that is a number than you and I have personally discussed a few times over the last year or so in casual real life conversation. Whatever you make in your setup, good deal...it'll just be nice to see it back on the streets again in So.Fla. whether its making 500hp or 9,000hp. It's your investment and your toy....have some fun with it already!

By more "in it" I was just stating the facts, the turbo was still incredibly efficient at that boost level coming it at 20hp per PSI, which is similar to what we saw with the 1j at that boost level on the S366. Could it have been pushed harder, yes, but it is very good information for those considering using this turbo.

A fast 1/4 car, can be a dangerously fast street car to. I personally just don't like running deep into the triple digit speeds some of you guys on the streets.....would love to run at one of the mile events though....where there are no ditches to slide into and no fhp.
Yes sir....Got you

P.S. No one has to worry about ditches except people that launch their red SC's in Mexico and end up in those same stated ditches that you are referring to! I had to do that one!
Old 09-21-11, 02:15 PM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

like an alley-oop from Wade to LeBron over Jermaine O'Neal
Old 09-21-11, 02:45 PM
drewgo
Lexus Test Driver

Wow... NICE!

Just so you guys know, those number are not actual,well not actual for the overall power but only actual for that particular gear (4th) which is 1.31 to 1.
Jordan, only did a 4th gear pull.
You needed to do a 5th since that is the 1 to 1 gear. With that said, that would of ended up
being an 8xx number or close to...
Old 09-21-11, 05:17 PM
sayayin
Pole Position

Nice numbers, now take it to mexico.
Old 09-21-11, 05:57 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mario your nuts and I look forward to seeing you come home and kick some butt. Be Safe man and my GOD be with you.

Quick Reply: Mario's Dyno vid from yesterday at STP