Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-11, 07:13 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay so I cut some more collectors.... ran out of SCH10 piping, so thats the next order...

And this is my entire body harness for the engine bay, into the junction box in the cabin and to the fuse box... I am sure there is a few more I need to add... but that really large and heavy harness is 1/4th of what it used to be.

And the SC.... still truckin' me along.

If you have no seen it yet, I posted this yesterday on youtube. Small video I made for Quantum. Enjoy!

YouTube - Quantum Auto Promo - Lexus SC400 Toyota Supra and MR2
Old 01-23-11, 07:32 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
WEEEE!? You jack-wagon.
We... Yes... You do the work while I tell you it wont work... What dont you get?
Old 01-23-11, 08:37 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RedPhoenix
We... Yes... You do the work while I tell you it wont work... What dont you get?
More like you tell me it won't work and then I say you're right f it.
Old 01-23-11, 08:40 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by BartleDoo
More like you tell me it won't work and then I say you're right f it.
haha yeah...
Old 02-01-11, 03:05 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Nice build! I saw a stock 1uz in a mk3 and thought it was sweet. can't wait to see this.
Old 02-02-11, 06:49 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

I borrowed my friend's Mclaren alternator to mock up... ordering one of my own soon. Its a 1 wire, 140amp, small alternator... It is the ****.

Bracket in the works..

Seems like it fits...

Waiting on my flanges to come in still... but I am using stockers to mock up at least... Mig SS wire is not at all pretty.... luckily its getting tigged for the final steps.

It just grazes the frame rail.... little notching and we are good to go... Its a tight fit to anything turbo related here.

Also cut down the stock oil filter piece... going to run lines and relocate it so it will clear the alternator.

Thats all for now... got a bunch of stuff coming in the mail.
Old 02-04-11, 11:59 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Made a fuse panel out of an old street sign lol... love these sheets of aluminum. Includes a BlueSea fuse panel, 10 relays and will have 2 circuit breakers.

MR2 Powersteering pump mounted in front of the wheel behind the bumper...

And best of all... Had to buy more SCH10 piping... bought 20ft at a rediculous rate... fit 4x 5ft sections in the SC.

And worked on the driver side turbo manifold... enjoy

Old 02-08-11, 09:11 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So does this mean you will probably make some to fit the sc? And sell them at quantum? If so then thats so dumb...joking i got a chubby. that means i can order my clutch, flywheel, turbo manis and then build the 4.7t set up. lol

this makes me want to go to my pops pad for a month and play with my welder!

Last edited by xxtoobsxx; 02-08-11 at 09:14 AM.
Old 02-08-11, 02:49 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
So does this mean you will probably make some to fit the sc? And sell them at quantum? If so then thats so dumb...joking i got a chubby. that means i can order my clutch, flywheel, turbo manis and then build the 4.7t set up. lol

this makes me want to go to my pops pad for a month and play with my welder!
lol these are way too complicate to mass produce... I would have to charge at least a thousand bucks for a manifold like this to make it worthwhile haha... Although we plan on producing a log style, which can be done on the cheap with great results.
Old 02-08-11, 04:06 PM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm...well if you make "new" ones ill take those off your hand...lol
Old 03-21-11, 06:14 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Okay you would think more has progressed over the last month... but you would be wrong. Been working on getting the SC in shape (bushings, sway bars, and countless issues)... And then its been a downward spiral on the Supra as well....

I started on the passenger side manifold and after almost completing it, It would have never cleared a 4" downpipe, so I scrapped it and will be redoing it to look like the driver side to give me more clearance....

My girlfriend bought me front/rear bushings for the Supra, so she helped me get the front ones in (truly a keeper ). So then I started to work on the rears. However lucky for me almost everything was seized... even down to the handbrake cables to the bracket that holds to the the handle... The rear rotors were falling apart in the vents, rust pitting was so bad I could pick it all apart with a screw driver. This was really dangerous. So then I decided to drop the rear subframe for the sake of it all.

Once I got the subframe out, I found out I was missing 2/6 bolts that hold the diff to the subframe... axle to diff nuts were missing... all 4 concentric bolts were seized, toe rod had so much rust on the threads that the nut would come off without spinning the ball joint, plastic sway bar end links were rusted in the allen key area, all 6 diff bushings were seized to the sub frame worse than I have ever seen. It really seems like this was not the original subframe since there is no rust on this entire car except here....

Oh but I did get lucky... it was not cracked like a lot of pre 89 ones are. So after a liberal amount of fire/heat/swearing/hammering/cutting I have the subframe free of all the bull**** attached. Now looking at it, I will be bracing/reinforcing the subframe after I get it blasted free of surface rust and i will be making custom LCA, TRACTION, and TOE arms that use the energy suspension bushings and I have a set of solid bushings for the subframe that will be going in....

Sorry for the novel, but its been a long month.

Pics are good though.

Old 03-23-11, 04:34 PM
BartleDoo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool car bro...Yebitz Nebitz....
Old 03-23-11, 10:10 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Started on the passenger side manifold again.... Made some progress, so now it feels like the car has progressed forward! YES!

It clears the motor mount barely and it should allow me to notched the frame for the 4" DP. Sweet.
Old 03-24-11, 05:26 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mind blowing , the amount time your putting in ..Keep it up Matt can't wait to see the end result
Old 03-24-11, 09:18 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Thanks man... Its very time consuming... luckily this is my easiest semester I have had, so I can bust out some work!

So I finished (hopefully) the passenger side. I have it incorporating the T4 flange on it (not welded yet). Plenty of good spots to add bracing to support the turbo. Hopefully it will be fully welded soon .

Quick Reply: MK3 Supra / 1uzfe / Single Turbo Build Thread