Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Tech support post your question here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-09, 09:06 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Tech support post your question here...

Hey just realized how many knowledgeable members there on CLFL..So if we can't help you find out, what it is you seek. We can at least argue about it..

All jokes aside I can try to answer any wheel and tire question you might have .And I'm sure with all the knowledgeable members on here many other technical question could also be answered .I know at the end of the day we all want to help one another.. peace

Last edited by //LRD; 09-16-09 at 09:14 PM.
Old 09-17-09, 04:39 AM
Wicked SC
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by //LRD
Hey just realized how many knowledgeable members there on CLFL..So if we can't help you find out, what it is you seek. We can at least argue about it..

All jokes aside I can try to answer any wheel and tire question you might have .And I'm sure with all the knowledgeable members on here many other technical question could also be answered .I know at the end of the day we all want to help one another.. peace

Where do I find the spare tire if I get a flat?

How do I open my fuel tank cover?
Old 09-17-09, 05:11 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wicked SC
Where do I find the spare tire if I get a flat?

How do I open my fuel tank cover?
I'm so excited our first question.

Okay the first thing you might want to try is to ask your driver Relic he seems to really know how to operate your vehicle ..lol

Thank you Jerome best of luck with that...
Old 09-17-09, 10:42 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LoL you guys are too funny... John I am having an alignment prob, I am lowered on ASD springs and KYB shocks. After installation I had it alligned by a friend at Lex of Pines. It was ok brand new tires front and rear no prob then i started to get a bad wooble turned out to be a real bad rear hub bearing. Changed out the hub but did not align it right after. I had some cheap *** rear used tires(4 in total) the were getting eatin up straight down the middle went through all 4 in a matter of 2 months (friends mount them for me for free) finally got tired of these problems and of beaing a cheapo. Got a brand new set of rear tires and a frsh alignment. That was Tuesday and well its almost all good now but I am still getting this slight little wooble WTF ? Fresh tires hubs are good and even fresh rear rotors and pads dont understad why i feel this its not bad nor do I feel it all the time is just me cuz I have been ridding it like that for a while or what. This is very frustrating hope you understand my long *** post

Last edited by YeA 2jZ; 09-17-09 at 10:45 AM.
Old 09-17-09, 10:55 AM
HYPERBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is pulling the efi fuse to reset your ecu bad???

heard it was good and bad..
Old 09-17-09, 11:15 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
LoL you guys are too funny... John I am having an alignment prob, I am lowered on ASD springs and KYB shocks. After installation I had it alligned by a friend at Lex of Pines. It was ok brand new tires front and rear no prob then i started to get a bad wooble turned out to be a real bad rear hub bearing. Changed out the hub but did not align it right after. I had some cheap *** rear used tires(4 in total) the were getting eatin up straight down the middle went through all 4 in a matter of 2 months (friends mount them for me for free) finally got tired of these problems and of beaing a cheapo. Got a brand new set of rear tires and a frsh alignment. That was Tuesday and well its almost all good now but I am still getting this slight little wooble WTF ? Fresh tires hubs are good and even fresh rear rotors and pads dont understad why i feel this its not bad nor do I feel it all the time is just me cuz I have been ridding it like that for a while or what. This is very frustrating hope you understand my long *** post
Dear Yea2jz just leave her she doesn't deserve you..Oh my bad wrong subject..lol

Where is it coming from frt or rear ??
Old 09-17-09, 11:51 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

rear ..... shes taking all my money
Old 09-17-09, 11:52 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY

SHOLEXMAN (Sean) can you help out on this one..For I'm
Old 09-17-09, 02:08 PM
97SCBOY
Lexus Test Driver

Mr. LRD & Wicked are too funnny..... lol
Old 09-17-09, 03:00 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much weight is needed to balance the rear wheels? It could be a bent wheel.
Old 09-17-09, 03:44 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
I have to agree with Shameed .Could also be one of your axles
Old 09-17-09, 04:25 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Could be a couple things (headache). Your buddy that hooked up up for free balanced them wrong or didn't measure the wheels rightput on more or less weight(this is noticed from 45pmh to 75pmh), defect in the tire from factory(can check with road force balance machine),loose component due to you remove the hub causing a vibration, bent wheel, Caliper issue (if when braking), drive shaft issue (bad rubber couplings,bent, weight broke off). See if you can get those items checked over tobe sure that is not the case. Get back to me with your findings.

Originally Posted by HYPERBOY

I don't know who said it was bad or good ,but with OBD2 cars they have capacitors that can save the temporary memory up to a day (not sure with newer models). With OBD 1 cars it clears the memory after about a hour so that does work,or the use jumper the diag port the clear the ecu. OBD 2 stores engine codes ,but you can clear the temporary driving conditions previously on it. So if the error condition comes up again it won't take so many drives cycles and it will turn right on once it is noticed. Take it to advanced auto to get it cleared for free. If you don't like them take it to a dealer and they should help you out. If you short to much power into the ECU by accident you can fry the board. If you decide to be a jackass and open the ecu up and touch the board you can fry it with static electricity (I am not joking!). That should answer your question.

Originally Posted by //LRD
SHOLEXMAN (Sean) can you help out on this one..For I'm
Thanks for throwing me under the boat lol.
Old 09-17-09, 04:36 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
Anything over 4 ounces on each side(dual plain balance) of the wheel is a definite sign there is a wheel issue or a tire casting issue. If it is a static balance (in he middle)anything over 5 ounces would be to much.When I worked for Goodyear we had some tires that needed to be recalled cause the castings where out of round and the rims where fine. This is one wheel not both.
Old 09-17-09, 05:21 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It can also be your tranny mount. On my 97 SC, I noticed a slight vibration so then i read about the mount. It's a pretty cheap part from the dealer and I was able to install it in about 20-30 minutes by myself with regular floor jacks. It made a night and day difference.
Old 09-17-09, 05:27 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN

thanks for throwing me under the boat lol.
Sorry Sean I just remembered you working for Lexus.. Thanks for your help

Quick Reply: Tech support post your question here...