Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Tech support post your question here...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-13, 09:05 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowk20a2
did that, no play whatsoever. However if I make a left turn when I drive, the noise seem to be less or disappear, from what i've read that is the sign of a bad wheel bearing but im not sure.
Have you checked to make sure all the bushings and ball joints are in good working order, that also includes the bushing on the coilover.
Old 05-08-13, 02:32 PM
Slowk20a2
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
Have you checked to make sure all the bushings and ball joints are in good working order, that also includes the bushing on the coilover.
checked all that, all seem right. Nothing worn bad or anything. Man the wheel bearing doesn't look hard to replace but I just don't have the impact gun to remove that huge nut
Old 05-09-13, 12:49 PM
B16da9
Racer

Originally Posted by Slowk20a2
checked all that, all seem right. Nothing worn bad or anything. Man the wheel bearing doesn't look hard to replace but I just don't have the impact gun to remove that huge nut
Some PB blast a good socket breaker bar with a cheater bar should do the trick.
Old 05-12-13, 03:27 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

are the window regulator year specific on the SC300 or will any year regulator work for my 1999 sc3 ?
Old 05-30-13, 11:43 PM
tryitonce
Rookie

Hey CL Fam...I have a problem..I have a 98 Gs300 with the following, Supra block,n/a head,single turbo. I recently installed new ffim from xspower and had to use a mustang throttlebody. I have wired the tps and blocked off the IAC. I have no kickdown. I have to shift myself in order to go down a gear which is crazy as I have an aristo ecu and auto tranny. Do I need to purchase and wire the IAC for the mustang throttlebody in order to solve my problem and if so can I get some help with wiring it...Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Tech support post your question here...-img_1084.jpg  
Old 06-27-13, 06:56 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Looks like I haven't missed much on this thread. Turbo setup questions and out-of-towners asking questions lol.

YEa2jz--> The regulator should be the same for SC300/400 models threw all years I believe.
Old 07-16-13, 12:58 AM
TuanNg
Driver School Candidate

Question 99 es300 1mz-fe VVTi engine

Hello all, I'm new here hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place. Just need some help, I have a 99 es300. Because I lost my job so I have to fix my valve cover myself. to make a long story short, after I put everything back I spray it down and somehow got water in my engine, the engine make noise now and it will stall when i drive it. My mechanic said I need a new engine. my research showed that from 99-2003 all have 1mz-fe VVTi engine, and 99-2002 have sludge problem. however the 03 model is not reported for sludge. In my situation I need this car to last me for awhile. Since 02-03 is the model change, yet they still have the 1mz-fe VVTi engine. Since I have to buy the engine, my question is if I buy the 03 engine to avoid the sludge issue, will I be able to put it in my car, will it fit or I will have fitment issue because of model difference? It seem that 03-06 Camry V6, 00-04 Avalon, 99-04 RX also use the 1mz-fe VVTi engine. I can't afford another car, I can't afford to buy the wrong engine because shipment and return cost is an arm and a leg. this is not my option but it have to be. Your help is greatly appreciated. Sorry all for the long post everyone.
Old 07-16-13, 08:27 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Your best route is to get the same generation motor for your vehicle. I beleive there are some wiring differences between the motors and the connectors are not all the same. Buy the same motor for your generation and have them pull the front valve cover off of the engine so that you can see if there is sludge in it. Go with a lower mileage motor if your budget can afford it. Your story doesn't make sense with the water unless you sprayed water into the throttle body and got water in there somehow. I beleive it just sounds like a matter of occurance. If you do your oil changes every 3,500 miles you will not not a sludge issue. Lazy/forgetful people let that happen and then that condition occures. Other then the engine replacement issue, it sounds like you have a sensor problem other then the noise. Might want to get another opinion before you spend over and grand on a motor.
Old 07-16-13, 12:17 PM
TuanNg
Driver School Candidate

I admit it I'm a big noob!! it was a misunderstanding on my part. Since I was doing a valve cover job and the back one is really hard to get to I thought I clean the inside (cause debris was inside )just like I would with the valve cover. I asked the auto part guy to make sure and while he was helping someone else he said yes I can clean the valve cover with water, I took it as yes you can spray water into the engine to clean it. when I found out I drain the oil there must have been gallons of water came out, i let it drip empty. it so hot here in Vegas I let it sit 2 day, inside the engine it evaporated dry I put valve cover back put new cheap engine oil in since I was going to replace it again, let it run. after a while I thought it should get into the gear so I took it to the express way and drive it. 3 miles in the engine slip stall, engine light came on, barely could start it. once start only could drive about 25 mph home and stall again.

So much for being out of a job short on $$ DIY. So here we are, if there are any advice I need to take into consideration since I don't have much choice but to put it on a credit card for the engine and paid the mechanic. Sorry for the many question, so I can get a 2001 engine since it the same model year? no wiring issue?

Thanks SHOLEXMAN, sorry I didn't tell the whole truth, embarrass. Any advice would be really really appreciated.
Old 07-16-13, 03:47 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah you can get the earlier motors as well just make sure that the motor you get is /isn't a california emissions vehicle cause the computers are a little different and it might not run correctly or at all. Your motor is smoked man if gallons of water came out ,you did some untold damage in there. Look around for a low mileage motor as I said before and have them check for a sludge issue before you or the shop buying it purchases it. This engine might not last you much longer so I would advise not to drive in much longer cause it will leave you stranded. Do more research on vehicle repairs before you have another costly repair like this motor deal. Hope it works out.
Old 07-16-13, 11:49 PM
TuanNg
Driver School Candidate

I've learn my lesson, Thanks SHOLEXMAN !!!
Old 07-17-13, 06:07 AM
B16da9
Racer

They sell JDM version of the none VVTI engine and it is a very easy swap. I would recomend you call a couple of JDM importers tell them the engine code you are looking for and that its a none VVTI. Once you receive the engine reused your wireharness and accessories reattach your trany and put her in. The whole job on jackstands with an engine lift takes about two days.
Old 07-17-13, 01:25 PM
TuanNg
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by B16da9
They sell JDM version of the none VVTI engine and it is a very easy swap. I would recomend you call a couple of JDM importers tell them the engine code you are looking for and that its a none VVTI. Once you receive the engine reused your wireharness and accessories reattach your trany and put her in. The whole job on jackstands with an engine lift takes about two days.
Hi B16da9, thank for your recommendation about JDM version I'll look into it, so worry of putting over a grand on an engine on a credit card have it ship and something go wrong. don't have the fund to mess up. also I'm a little confuse about getting a " none VVTI" because I thought my 99 ES300 model year is a VVTI engine?

Can someone tell me how I might be able to locate my engine code. I Google it and all it give me was check engine error code not the engine code itself.

Is ebay a good place for JDM, any recommendation?

I'm so glad to find this place. This is an awesome thread thanks LRD for starting it, and thanks all contributors!!! Rated 5 stars.
Old 07-27-13, 02:18 PM
Back2aday
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys I'm pretty new to the lexus scene i finally found a 5 speed swapped sc400 the body really isn't in real good shape but she runs good and its a 5 speed here's everything the car has
Eibach lowering springs
W58 trans and quantum auto swap kit
Custom 1 peice drive shaft
True dual exhaust with 40 series flow masters and no cats
Walborough 255 fuel pump
Like I said I'm new so any suggestions you have would be great here's the issues with the car
Speedo doesn't work doesn't have a vss hooked up at all
The one peice drive shaft vibrates everything I want a stock 5 speed drive shaft
Car hesitates under heavy acceleration at lower rpms feels like it pulling timing or something
It has the typicall guage cluster lighting issues tach does work though
Other than that the car is solid ac power steering reliable I just want to get it perfect
Thanks for any help btw it for have new plugs and wires an air filter
Old 08-01-13, 08:56 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Was this engine/trans setup swapped out of a supra by chance? What color is the car? I might have known were this vehicle came from and the backround. Can you post pictures of the car?

Quick Reply: Tech support post your question here...