Search this Thread

Old 02-20-13, 07:00 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by MiGGy1186
Kool glad i can help you rob ur ppl in the drivin lmaoo
yeah it works like a charm at the bank parking lot next to the atm at night
i mean whyll sitting and waiting for a friend to show up without wasting to much battery power
Old 02-23-13, 01:40 AM
RonCouture
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can someone help me? My speedometer on my 2000 GS400 stopped working. My odometer shows my mileage but it hasn't even moved once the speedometer stopped working. Makes sense b/c if there's no speed then the mileage doesn't climb and I've driven this car for maybe more than 7000 miles since then (just a rough estimate). Everything else besides the speedometer on the cluster appears to be fine. I can guess which speeds I'm going by the rpms so I would know if I'm on the hwy tand it's around 2k rpms=60mph but I would like to know how fast I'm going on the roads so I don't get another ticket!
Old 02-27-13, 07:31 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

I didn't want to open a new thread about this.but for some reason the ect/pwr light on my dash has gone wild.flashing,staying off,staying on.i don't know why.it was fine even after going boost.it started acting up this Saturday night.
Old 02-28-13, 04:30 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you auto trans, that could be a code for a trans issue.
Old 04-11-13, 07:44 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Problem went away by itself.and came back yesterday all by itself again.FML
Old 04-11-13, 02:56 PM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

From what time to what time is Tech Support open?
Old 04-19-13, 08:22 AM
Lexy92
Driver School Candidate

Default 92 sc400 alternator 3 wire round alternator plug

I had replaced my belt tensioner to find out that was not the issue in hand for my battery light staying constant on while driving & flickering while stopped. I had called the Lexus dealer who has told me there is not just a repair plug for my 92 & that I had to buy the whole wire harness for $1500. I have read on CL how people have been switching out there plugs. I need to know where I can get a plug with wires so that I can just splice and go. I NEED to get my car on the road ASAP since this is my only car. Pictures of the 5 digit code that is on the alternator plug would be great so that I am able to call Toyota back to see if they can find a match
Old 04-20-13, 06:36 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexy92
I had replaced my belt tensioner to find out that was not the issue in hand for my battery light staying constant on while driving & flickering while stopped. I had called the Lexus dealer who has told me there is not just a repair plug for my 92 & that I had to buy the whole wire harness for $1500. I have read on CL how people have been switching out there plugs. I need to know where I can get a plug with wires so that I can just splice and go. I NEED to get my car on the road ASAP since this is my only car. Pictures of the 5 digit code that is on the alternator plug would be great so that I am able to call Toyota back to see if they can find a match
you need an altenator plug? just go to the junkyard and cut one off and splice back in... or go to toyota and order one off of any 86-92 car.
Old 04-20-13, 08:32 AM
Lexy92
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DoomLight
you need an altenator plug? just go to the junkyard and cut one off and splice back in... or go to toyota and order one off of any 86-92 car.
I have called my Toyota dealer multiple times one guy tells me to send pictures & he will try to match one. The other tells me that Toyota never made a car that can be crossed referenced to the 92' Lexus sc400. But isn't the 3 wire late round alternator plug the same as an older camry? What is make my alternator so freaking special that I cant replace JUST the plug is it the wiring or the fact that it is a 120amp alternator? anyway anyone can get me the Toyota part number or the 5digit # on the plug that will work. Toyota closes at 3pm central time...... HELP PLEASE
Old 04-27-13, 05:49 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Now a problem my car has been having.car keeps hitting Boost Cut set on the AEM.i had a 12psi spring in the wastegate then a 7psi spring.still same problem of hitting 15psi boost cut.no one has been able to let me know what's the fix all it.
Old 04-27-13, 08:53 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Problem solved,one of the side ports had to be blocked off.
Old 05-08-13, 08:23 AM
Slowk20a2
Rookie

Default IS350 rear wheel bearing help please!

Hello I have an 06 IS350 lowered on coils with 105k miles. The coils has been on maybe 75k miles. The car started to make noise maybe 8 months ago from the rear driver side wheel. The noise is like waaah waaah waaah, it get faster as the car speed up. I got the wheels balanced and the car align but the noise still there. I swap the spare in there and the noise is less but its still there, I guess maybe because the spare is a donut and has less rubber surface than a 255 tire. At this point I think it is the wheel bearing, I just want to know what do you guys think, TIA all.
Old 05-08-13, 08:34 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Slowk20a2
Hello I have an 06 IS350 lowered on coils with 105k miles. The coils has been on maybe 75k miles. The car started to make noise maybe 8 months ago from the rear driver side wheel. The noise is like waaah waaah waaah, it get faster as the car speed up. I got the wheels balanced and the car align but the noise still there. I swap the spare in there and the noise is less but its still there, I guess maybe because the spare is a donut and has less rubber surface than a 255 tire. At this point I think it is the wheel bearing, I just want to know what do you guys think, TIA all.
Jack the car up at the corner the car is comming from, after that place one hand at 12 o'clock and the other at 6o'clock now pull on the 12 hand and push with the 6 hand and vise versa. If you feel some play in the assemble then your wheel bearing is on its way out.

BTW, I highly advise to replace these in pairs as the other side is soon to follow.
Old 05-08-13, 08:39 AM
Slowk20a2
Rookie

Originally Posted by B16da9
Jack the car up at the corner the car is comming from, after that place one hand at 12 o'clock and the other at 6o'clock now pull on the 12 hand and push with the 6 hand and vise versa. If you feel some play in the assemble then your wheel bearing is on its way out.

BTW, I highly advise to replace these in pairs as the other side is soon to follow.
did that, no play whatsoever. However if I make a left turn when I drive, the noise seem to be less or disappear, from what i've read that is the sign of a bad wheel bearing but im not sure.
Old 05-08-13, 08:57 AM
AJAA
Driver School Candidate

Default RX 330 Sway bar links

Got a quote the other day to replace my cars sway bar links. He asked is I wanted the pricier vs the economy part. I'm guessing I'll take whatever is OEM but who makes OEM for a 2004 AWD RX 330? Is it KYB, or do they only make the OEM struts? Also, I'm considering replacing all four struts. Someone on the forum kindly listed the parts numbers-big help. Would I save money by replacing the struts at the same time as the sway bar links?

Quick Reply: Tech support post your question here...