Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Tech support post your question here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-09, 04:42 PM
Punky
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have this switch when its turned on my car moves quickly... when its off not so quickly

Been kinda MIA a while, cool thread
Old 09-20-09, 09:28 PM
okbobbo
Pole Position

Default Have you heard of Lexus lean?

Bought the car in May. 174,000 miles. Dealer maintained until my kids bought it. Replaced rear struts and boots, one was leaking. All suspension is stock. After two months noticed the car is 1/2 to 3/4 inch lower on driver's side, measured at the top of the wheel wells. Don't know if it was this way before replacement.

Was told this was not uncommon. Also, read that early models, being designed for the home market and right hand steering were biased for heavier weight on driver's side (right).

This is a daily driver, runs and rides very nice, just sits funny. Would like an inexpensive fix.
Old 09-20-09, 09:48 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
Yeah 20x8.5 +40 are pretty sunken in. To me at least. I would run at least a 15mm spacer. Make sure you move the harness from under the fender. It may cut through because of your wheels and drop. I'm almost sure the spacers will eliminate the rubbing issue in the wheel well and should still not rub the fender.
I'll double check the clearance on the harness. 15mm spacer is very tempting but it will not clear the fender (at least i don't think so). Here are some pictures i took just now. Keep in mind that I took the pictures from the bottom pointing up to show how far it is from the fender. The tire is tucked in if you are looking straight through at the fender level.
Attached Thumbnails Tech support post your question here...-front-driver-side-fender-tire-clearance1.jpg   Tech support post your question here...-front-driver-side-fender-tire-clearance2.jpg   Tech support post your question here...-front-passenger-side-fender-tire-clearance3.jpg   Tech support post your question here...-front-passenger-side-fender-tire-clearance4.jpg  
Old 09-21-09, 12:51 AM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by //LRD
is it for a 1 or 2j
its for a 2JZ
Old 09-21-09, 05:11 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edtuner
Ohh ohhh My turn! I need to know of another turbo that is identical or better than the GT35R? I was told that the SC50 is 1 is there any others? Im looking for something that spools a tad quicker than the GT35R.
its for a 2JZ
I'll see if I could get Roger to help you with this .He knows a lot about turbo's
Old 09-21-09, 06:38 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by okbobbo
Bought the car in May. 174,000 miles. Dealer maintained until my kids bought it. Replaced rear struts and boots, one was leaking. All suspension is stock. After two months noticed the car is 1/2 to 3/4 inch lower on driver's side, measured at the top of the wheel wells. Don't know if it was this way before replacement.

Was told this was not uncommon. Also, read that early models, being designed for the home market and right hand steering were biased for heavier weight on driver's side (right).

This is a daily driver, runs and rides very nice, just sits funny. Would like an inexpensive fix.
I don't know what you want to consider a inexpensive fix ,but anything with suspension related components won't be cheap. Since you have over 100,000 it would be a good idea to replace your suspension parts other then the rear struts. The springs have most likely have settled and possibly leaning to one side. Depends on driving conditions and whoever drives it. If you beat the car up and bend parts you will have a lean and alignment pull. The question is it it worth replacing the parts if your not going to own the car for much longer?
Old 09-21-09, 06:43 AM
Punky
Lead Lap

I'll see if I could get Roger to help you with this .He knows a lot about turbo's
A 62-65 is close in size to a gt35r. Also may wanna check out a gt35r hta
Old 09-21-09, 07:45 AM
03SPDESIGN
Lexus Test Driver

John, need help with a wheel off-set. Would a IS off-set fit a GS? Thanks
Old 09-21-09, 09:56 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

turbo size right now is irrelevant until we know how much power you want to make Before you answer this question keep in mind a couple things....

1. These cars are as heavy as a small country and need at least 450+whp to move nicely.
2. Sizing the turbo TOO small for sake of response will bring up a dynamic compression problem, which will really hamper your ability to make bigger power down the line.
3. Fuel requirements
4. How high is your credit card limit
Old 09-21-09, 05:32 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Glad I found this thread.. Had a couple wheel questions?

Where can I find some hub centering rings for my Sevas wheels to match the Lexus center bore.

I have a set of Sevas 3 piece wheels that I'd like to refinish. Can I removed the centers without removing the tires?
Old 09-21-09, 09:30 PM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by shaodome
turbo size right now is irrelevant until we know how much power you want to make Before you answer this question keep in mind a couple things....

1. These cars are as heavy as a small country and need at least 450+whp to move nicely.
2. Sizing the turbo TOO small for sake of response will bring up a dynamic compression problem, which will really hamper your ability to make bigger power down the line.
3. Fuel requirements
4. How high is your credit card limit
No Credit card will be used to build My Car!!! LOL Seriously. My question exactly was Which turbo was very similar to the GT35R. No need to know what power im aiming for right now! Im just parting together a setup where i need a turbo that has the relatively same efficiency as the GT35R!

Last edited by EDTUN3R; 09-22-09 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-21-09, 09:37 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 03SPDESIGN
John, need help with a wheel off-set. Would a IS off-set fit a GS? Thanks
Should be no problem .A little sunken in though

Originally Posted by IS_250
Glad I found this thread.. Had a couple wheel questions?

Where can I find some hub centering rings for my Sevas wheels to match the Lexus center bore.

I have a set of Sevas 3 piece wheels that I'd like to refinish. Can I removed the centers without removing the tires?
Answer to the 1st Q. bring the wheel to SAT and I'll check the center bore for you free of charge.I might even have the size you need ..

2nd Q. No !! I wouldn't the pressure of the air in the tire will definitely split the barrows .Just take them apart it would a lot easier in the long run..
Old 09-22-09, 03:09 AM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Could I use a GTE intake manifold on a GE? Im asking this on behalf of my friend I didnt know exactly so i figured i asked her! If not where could i find a intake manifold that does not cross over the top of the motor?
Old 09-22-09, 03:56 AM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could I use a GTE intake manifold on a GE? Im asking this on behalf of my friend I didnt know exactly so i figured i asked her! If not where could i find a intake manifold that does not cross over the top of the motor?
No, the GTE bolt pattern is different than the GE. If you really wanted to I guess you can Fabricate one using the GTE top and weld it to the GE runners but I don't think it would be worth it. There's some aftermarket ones that were made for the GE; Hypertune, Virtual Works, and FSM. There's even some people over on the Supra forums that have designed their own from scratch...Good luck!
Old 09-22-09, 06:36 AM
shaodome
Lexus Test Driver

No Credit card will be used to build My Car!!! LOL Seriously. My question exactly was Which turbo was very similar to the GT35R. No need to know what power im aiming for right now! Im just parting together a setup where i need a turbo that has the relatively same efficiency as the GT35R!
I disagree...a power goal is always the first step in sizing a turbo.

Quick Reply: Tech support post your question here...