Florida Lexus Club The place for Florida Lexus enthusiasts

Tech support post your question here...

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-09, 08:32 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks for the input guys I will check out those things I need to get my wheels balanced for sure i just came back from a driving mission from Hialeah to Margate to take my buddy ti buy his first car ( 93 GS300 ) and i have a reall bad vibration at 60-75mph so a balance check is firts on my list. Also the rear axles where they meet up with the rear hub have been throwing out a lot of greas how can I fix that ? Looks like when I did my springs i kinda hit the part of the axle thats meets the hub with a pry bar and bend something enough to make the boot come off a bit. I but a clap on it but dosent seam to work to well will checkthis stuff out this weekend
Old 09-18-09, 07:12 AM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
Also the rear axles where they meet up with the rear hub have been throwing out a lot of grease how can I fix that ? Looks like when I did my springs I kinda hit the part of the axle thats meets the hub with a pry bar and bent something enough to make the boot come off a bit. I put a clamp on it ,but doesn't seem to work to well. I will check this stuff out this weekend.
Well you can do either 2 things you can replace the boot and clamp with fatory parts and refill it with grease. That or you need to buy a cv axle cause it will only throw more grease till there is none left. Once that happens the components inside start grinding and the axel will grenade once it locks up. BTW were you drinking a lot at the end of your reply?lol
Old 09-18-09, 08:16 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would like to know how I can adjust the caster on my SC400.

Thanks!
Old 09-18-09, 09:06 AM
98$c300
Lexus Champion

Default Aftermarket Radio with Stock Amps

Hey John on what I called you last nite.it could be done.I searched the forum and didn't find what I wanted.but yes you can use an aftermarket radio and still use you factory amp.it took me till 4am researching on here and online.till I got it.one thing you have to do is ground the body of the radio.and the amp,to get rid of the ground noise.

Last edited by 98$c300; 09-18-09 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-18-09, 09:23 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
BTW were you drinking a lot at the end of your reply?lol
LoL not drinking but....
Old 09-18-09, 09:26 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by masagsxr

Thanks!

Caster and camber are both adjusted on the front lower control arm eccentric bolts. They move together.
Old 09-18-09, 11:12 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Didn't know that... Camber tilts and caster (wheel move forward/back) right? This is why I was so confuse on how I would adjust it.
Old 09-18-09, 11:40 AM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Yes it's pretty simple on our cars. Just take a piece of paper and make into a triangle. That would be your lower control arm. As you adjust each eccentric separately, caster will move forward or back along with a little bit of camber. Moving both eccentrics together will adjust camber. So you have to figure out a balance between both eccentrics. And then adjust toe. Remember that adjusting toe will still affect caster and camber slightly. Use the paper to visuallize the movements.

Also remember that you need to adjust the rear camber and toe before the front because it will change the front as you adjust the rear.
Old 09-18-09, 12:09 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

HHmmm... I'll study it... The reason for this inquiry was because, I measure the driver side wheel vs the passenger side. The driver side is about 1/8th maybe 1/4th closer to the front bumper than the passenger side. This also causes my driver side wheel to rub in the chassis when i turn the wheel all the way to the right.
Old 09-18-09, 12:25 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Yeah that's what's happening to my car now. But it's both sides that's rubbing on the wheel well. It's because my car is low and my caster is a little high. Higher caster will make the car more stable in straight lines like the highways. That's why alot of German cars like BMW run high caster from the factory. Because of the autobahn.

I'm going to roll my front fenders and put back my 15mm spacers. That should be enough to stop the rubbing at full lock.
Old 09-18-09, 02:24 PM
EDTUN3R
Lead Lap

Ohh ohhh My turn! I need to know of another turbo that is identical or better than the GT35R? I was told that the SC50 is 1 is there any others? Im looking for something that spools a tad quicker than the GT35R.

Last edited by EDTUN3R; 09-19-09 at 05:27 AM.
Old 09-19-09, 04:24 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by masagsxr

Thanks!
I'll make it simple even though it has been explained in detail. You have cam eccentrics for camber front and rear,the front toe has a adjustment nut. You have rear camber and toe,the front you have camber ,caster ,toe. Work from the rear to the front. Adjust camber first then to toe. Once done with that do caster camber then toe. Toe is always adjusted last on the front. In aftermarket coilover setups you won't be able to make the camber 0 with stock cams. Also if you have wheels that will scrap your fender give it up lol. Easy car to do a alignment on cause you don't have to add spacers or removed plastic inserts like domestics and European cars stock.
Old 09-19-09, 05:51 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by edtuner
Ohh ohhh My turn! I need to know of another turbo that is identical or better than the GT35R? I was told that the SC50 is 1 is there any others? Im looking for something that spools a tad quicker than the GT35R.
is it for a 1 or 2j
Old 09-20-09, 03:09 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SHOLEXMAN
I'll make it simple even though it has been explained in detail. You have cam eccentrics for camber front and rear,the front toe has a adjustment nut. You have rear camber and toe,the front you have camber ,caster ,toe. Work from the rear to the front. Adjust camber first then to toe. Once done with that do caster camber then toe. Toe is always adjusted last on the front. In aftermarket coilover setups you won't be able to make the camber 0 with stock cams. Also if you have wheels that will scrap your fender give it up lol. Easy car to do a alignment on cause you don't have to add spacers or removed plastic inserts like domestics and European cars stock.
Thanks. I'll try that one of these days... I don't have coilover tho.. I'm on KYB w/Esliper and wheel specs are 20x8.5 +40 offset. Just like SH_JZZ30, it rubs on full lock turn. Tires are 225/35/20 and probably about 10mm tucked in from the fender well. Where it is rubbing from is the inside well chassis not the fender itself.
Old 09-20-09, 03:44 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Yeah 20x8.5 +40 are pretty sunken in. To me at least. I would run at least a 15mm spacer. Make sure you move the harness from under the fender. It may cut through because of your wheels and drop. I'm almost sure the spacers will eliminate the rubbing issue in the wheel well and should still not rub the fender.

Quick Reply: Tech support post your question here...